PDA

View Full Version : to change the county vehicle is kept in for emission reasons.

HY35F2T
08-18-2013, 10:39 PM
How would one go about changing the county a vehickle is said to be kept in on the registration forum. To a non emissions county?

88Nightmare
08-18-2013, 10:48 PM
call them. aside from waiting on hold, it was a 2 minute conversation.

(414) 266-1000 or (608) 261-2583

or

vehiclequestions@dot.wi.gov (Include the license plate number or the vehicle identification number in your email. Expected response time is within two business days.)

Right from their website

Rocket Power
08-19-2013, 03:37 AM
Have an address ready too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

lilws6
08-19-2013, 08:07 AM
i just changed mine on the registration card they send you in the mail and went to the dmv when i paid for registration. Told the guy at the desk i was moving the car to storage by a buddy of mine but the mailing address needed to stay the same so i would get the registration card every year.

88Nightmare
08-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Have an address ready too.

They never asked me for an address. Just find a random address in a non emissions county just in case

Nickerz
09-16-2013, 11:58 PM
FYI a lot of talk about felonies out in the open here. I've been reported to the state before by someone. Try to keep it in PMs.

88Nightmare
09-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Not for me. My 2005 duramax is emissions exempt, regardless of the county it resides in :D

04_GTO_Jimbo
09-25-2013, 02:53 PM
I have to take mine in. Hoping I do not have to go this method.

lilws6
09-26-2013, 07:54 AM
seems they've been cracking down on this. guy at work just registered a car and they sent him a letter in the mail asking for an actual address of where the vehicle was kept. just thought I'd share

GHOSST
09-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Not surprising when its being posted on an open forum. This should be a more word of mouth question.

From what I've heard WI is now just an inspection state, like NC is. You pay to get it tested, even though here in NC they "might" jack it up to see whats going on under. Don't know if they do that in WI.

But I've passed two years in a row with a mildly tuned ECU, no cats, egr, a.i.r, ect. Do they just plug and play in WI?

LIL EVO
09-28-2013, 01:16 PM
A few EVO owners who have an open-source modified stock ecu that disable certain checks (disabling rear o2 for example) have received letters from the state requiring re-inspection at a state facility. Not sure if they are able to detect the modifications during emission testing or what, but be cautious

lilws6
09-28-2013, 03:29 PM
from what i gather its still plug and play emissions just not at state owned locations?

Rocket Power
09-28-2013, 04:39 PM
from what i gather its still plug and play emissions just not at state owned locations?

Yep had my truck done at John Pauls buick or what they are now. Rolled in and sat in the lounge until they were done

LIL EVO
09-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Process takes literally 5 minutes. Just find your favorite auto shop and pull in.

GHOSST
09-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Yea, that's how it is here, plug and play.

Some places do a full inspection, so I don't know if that's the proper way, I don't really mind because we won't be living here much longer anyway. But one year I failed because my E-brake didn't set all the way up, and the guy who did the inspection killed my car twice on the ramp. I griped and complained, didn't have to pay, but the way the systems works is that is went directly to my title history after they input it failed. I was pissed! Needless to say took it down to another shop further away, passed a half hour later.

USMARINE1108
10-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Not surprising when its being posted on an open forum. This should be a more word of mouth question.

From what I've heard WI is now just an inspection state, like NC is. You pay to get it tested, even though here in NC they "might" jack it up to see whats going on under. Don't know if they do that in WI.

But I've passed two years in a row with a mildly tuned ECU, no cats, egr, a.i.r, ect. Do they just plug and play in WI?

Pretty much where I'm at too. I still own a house in SC so I just keep my cars registered there (no inspection). Don't have to deal with that stupid front plate either.

(by the way, my EAS beard is glorious)