PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Work????

GHOSST
09-25-2004, 12:20 PM
I need a new clutch really bad! Does anyone know a good place to get just a stock clutch replacement done for a good price, real soon? Cause several people recommended that I not spend the crap load of money on a high performance clutch for my 97 Z, which are hella expensive, because I dont plan on doing any extreme engine work anytime soon. Any suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated!!!! Dont know when its gonna go!:thumbsup... ~Jimbo

Cryptic
09-25-2004, 12:49 PM
beer, hot wings, a friend, and willingness to read a PDF is all I needed.
:goof

GHOSST
09-25-2004, 08:06 PM
Think workin on 93-02 F-bodies will be a breeze? With help? If so, I'd try it.

Cryptic
09-26-2004, 11:20 AM
Think workin on 93-02 F-bodies will be a breeze? With help? If so, I'd try it.

the hardest part might be lifting the trans.. the RX7's is maybe 70lbs so its pretty managable with 2 people and a jack. (real easy with 3 people, 2 to lift 1 to put in the bolts)

I do believe that exhuast has to be taken down (that part can suck too, them bolts can be pretty rusted/fused)

do you have a good tool collection and space to work on it?

HP ADDICT
09-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Should be a very easy job on a lt1. Ive done it a good couple times....just make sure you get every bolt on the trans. I take off the cross member and get the top ones from inside the car, through the shifter opening. Youll need some extensions though. Then remember to slide the clutch fork off the throw out bearing...its behind the slave cyl. Other then that its cake..I dont touch my exhaust either...heavy ass trans though.. if it doesnt want to slide right out you forgot a bolt on top.....

GHOSST
09-27-2004, 12:04 PM
Well, I got a friend with lots of tools, whom of which might be one of the people to help me, if he agrees:). It sounds worth it to try at least, with help of course. Thanks guys. ~Jimbo