PDA

View Full Version : Fall Hail Mary's

Irish
08-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Is anyone planning to do their final "Hail Mary" runs at the track, before the snow flies in a few months?

I have met most of my initial goals this season. I am planning on replacing the engine this winter so.. I am going to toss a couple of parts on and see if I can beat my personal best at the track. Essentially, racing myself lol.

Maybe we should have a BCM "Hail Mary" car show/race at the track?

Wdyt?

Nix
08-12-2013, 12:21 PM
I've said it a hundred times but I'd like to get my chrysler to gld before it shuts down this season. Other than Wednesdays is there a particular day that is cheaper and or a day that gld isn't packed to the gills and I can get more than one run? I have no idea what it would run. I just want to do it for shits and giggles.

Cutlass Queen
08-12-2013, 01:00 PM
My goal is just to get the Cutty to the track this year (hopefully in the next 2 weeks!). Been too busy with work and focusing on other projects to really focus on it this year....I'd be happy and content beating my time last year on the stock suspension I have on it still :)

Car show/race at the track sounds like a good idea, I'd definitely be in as long as it's not when it's too cold out for the car.

venm4u97
08-13-2013, 07:40 AM
Is anyone planning to do their final "Hail Mary" runs at the track, before the snow flies in a few months?

I have met most of my initial goals this season. I am planning on replacing the engine this winter so.. I am going to toss a couple of parts on and see if I can beat my personal best at the track. Essentially, racing myself lol.

Maybe we should have a BCM "Hail Mary" car show/race at the track?

Wdyt?

next year maybe ;).......what are your plans for the mod fox?

Prince Valiant
08-13-2013, 08:33 AM
Other than Wednesdays is there a particular day that is cheaper and or a day that gld isn't packed to the gills and I can get more than one run?Tuesdays...cheapest and most open night they've got. Rarely ever any trophy racing/special event. I've gone on nights where you're basically doing laps as long as you want in the fall.

bikedad
08-13-2013, 08:47 AM
Tuesdays...cheapest and most open night they've got. Rarely ever any trophy racing/special event. I've gone on nights where you're basically doing laps as long as you want in the fall.
^^^ What he said. The track is prepped also.

Nix
08-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Tuesdays...cheapest and most open night they've got. Rarely ever any trophy racing/special event. I've gone on nights where you're basically doing laps as long as you want in the fall.

Good info prince. Thank you

Gregor
08-14-2013, 12:06 AM
I want to get the mustang down the track but would need a shit load of help to make it happen.

michelle
08-14-2013, 06:39 AM
My car is slow.

BOSS LX
08-14-2013, 12:27 PM
The last weekend at GLD in September is open, maybe we could get something together?

Ricky Bobby
08-14-2013, 03:33 PM
I would poss be in for a tues on street tires or if i can scare up some DR's finally see what it runs...

Irish
08-14-2013, 03:38 PM
next year maybe ;).......what are your plans for the mod fox?

I am chasing a timeslip lol!

bikedad
08-14-2013, 03:55 PM
I might be able to hit Tuesday Sept 24th.