PDA

View Full Version : Reminder if you don't have much going on this Monday...

73MACH
07-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Just a reminder that my sister has gotten Robert's Frozen Custard to donate a portion of their proceeds from monday evening to the "Caring for Kennedy Fund". I was asked if I can get some car guys and girls to come out with their families and cars to get an ice cream or burger or whatever, and hang out for awhile. The more burgers and ice creams sold, the better!!!! Even if you can only stop in for a few minutes, that's better than not at all. It is mostly going to be non-car people, but her thought is that if there are some nice cars there then people driving by will hopefully stop to check out the cars and ultimately buy some food.....so I guess whoever shows up with a nice ride will be our marketing in a way to draw more people.

Thanks again guys,

Jason Dunne

Robert's Frozen Custard
N112W16040 Mequon Road
Germantown, Wi
3:00-8:00pm

Bewel Gelespi
07-26-2013, 10:27 PM
Well this is really a great idea that you have in your mind. Unfortunately this time I am out of the park but will must give you the company of my friends that I have called them up and they have been agreed to go.

crazyhorse
07-29-2013, 09:11 PM
Wow! There was a lot of people there. I showed up for a few minutes after work to grab a burger and was amazed by all the lives she has touched. I did catch a glimpse Kennedy with her dad and was happy to see her smiling.

73MACH
07-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Wow! There was a lot of people there. I showed up for a few minutes after work to grab a burger and was amazed by all the lives she has touched. I did catch a glimpse Kennedy with her dad and was happy to see her smiling.

Thanks for coming!! It was deffinately packed for most of the night. It was a sea of green "Caring for Kennedy" t-shirts for a couple of hours. It was awesome to see the support the Jen and Kennedy are getting. I didn't know that Jennifer and Kennedy were going to be there so it was deffinetaly nice to see them up and about and enjoying all the kids and ice cream. There was alot of money raised for sure. I'm not sure how much yet, but between the t-shirt sales, Robert's portion, the bracelet sales, and just the donation bucket, I'm sure a good dent was put into the Goal amount.

You must've had the red gt that sounded pretty nice....I was the goofy looking guy in my light blue work polo. I got a few min. to sneak away to have a smoke when you pulled in. I started talking to people again heard you leaving before i could ask if you were from BCM. Car sounded great when you were leaving also.

The pic of the family turned out a little cloudy, but you get the picture.....a happy...COMPLEtE family. This made my day to see this. I wish I knew how to post the pic directly instead of a link...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/korndogg03/jenandkennedy_zpsc52f2747.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/korndogg03/kieferfamily_zps018603e1.jpg

Korndogg
07-30-2013, 12:17 AM
There you go. Hosted the pics and edited your post for you.

Flicktitty
07-30-2013, 07:58 AM
Damn, Wish i had known.

crazyhorse
07-30-2013, 02:33 PM
73 mach yep that was me with the red gt. I saw your car as I was leaving. Wish I would have seen it early would have loved to check it out. Glad to have helped out with the goal.

73MACH
07-30-2013, 03:32 PM
73 mach yep that was me with the red gt. I saw your car as I was leaving. Wish I would have seen it early would have loved to check it out. Glad to have helped out with the goal.

Agh, the mach is a pure 10-12 footer and a pig but it looks good going down the road. It's actually my dad's car, it was my first project car in my early 20's and I tore it apart put a couple years into it for father's day for him. I still want to tear it back down and start over and do it the right way....

Still glad you made it out!

73MACH
07-30-2013, 03:33 PM
There you go. Hosted the pics and edited your post for you.

Thanks Mr. Dogg!!

GTSLOW
07-31-2013, 01:31 PM
edited your post for you.

Don't be a creeper.

73MACH
07-31-2013, 05:01 PM
This email was from the Robert's owner:

Well, Kennedy Kiefer supporters, you did it! You JAMMED Robert's last night and in so doing produced the largest 3-10pm fundraiser we've ever held! (The Lubow/Grotjahn fundraiser held last July was all day and a bit different.) We were able to raise over $1,100 dollars for Kennedy last night with Roberts' donation, separate cash donations and my manager's wage donation. It was a special, God-touched night for sure! I've said it before, but nights like this remind me of the ending scene from "It's a Wonderful Life" when the entire town came over and pitched in to help George save the Savings & Loan. Not a dry eye... Congrats and kudos to everyone that helped pull this off. My family is honored to be part of this community and to be able to participate. ~Darren

After T-shirt sales, bracelet sales, Robert's donations, and the donation bucket we raised a little over $3,000 for kennedy in 7 hours!!! That's fantastic!

michelle
08-01-2013, 06:31 AM
Glad to hear it was such a success! It was great to see all of the support this little girl has around her.

73MACH
08-01-2013, 07:55 PM
It was awesome for sure! She gives alot of love for a small child so that's what she gets back...