PDA

View Full Version : And the verdict is....

michelle
07-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Not guilty!

Discuss...

2006wrxtr
07-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Let us RIOT just like we did when O.J. was found not Guilty...

Lash
07-13-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm fine with the verdict. I wasn't there so.....

Lash
07-13-2013, 09:35 PM
If there is riots.... I predict Florida will have no less than 1000 more of these defense shooting on the books by tomorrow ;)

awsomeears
07-13-2013, 11:30 PM
I didn't keep up with all of this crap because the Media injected 100% race into it 100% politics

But....

I did watch the last 2 hours of every station as its interesting to watch CNN/FOX/MSNBC, and I was surprised to see based on the LEGAL evidence Not Guilty leads more...

I did catch Piers Morgan ( guy drives me nuts ) interview zimmermans brother, that was interesting to watch and it was a good interview.

For the protestors I don't think it will turn violent like the LA riots, sure some will flip out that's to be expected

The Jury were 6 women, I didn't know that until tonight, I even FB it about that. If 6 Women can agree on that I will have more faith in women then a group of Guys

spooln30
07-14-2013, 12:52 AM
I agree with the verdict because the charges didn't apply. GZ shouldn't have followed the kid on foot but TM was no saint. From what I remember when this first was reported, TM had burglary tools on him and their was old text messages of a gun buy. This case became about race due to one big head person, literally, Al Sharpton. This guys a joke and I believe he is racist. In any event, GZ was getting his ass kicked and who's to say he didn't fear for his life? A few more head+concrete hits and he could've died or had brain damage. Who knows. If this were the case would this be in the media like it was, probably not. If one of the lessers would've been reckless endangerment to human safety with a handgun then I would say guilty. Kids and people die every day why was this so important?

spooln30
07-14-2013, 12:57 AM
BTW I fucking HATE Piers Morgan, this asshole needs to go back to his own country and stop giving his stupid opinions about ours. Especially about gun control. I wish someone would shoot his ass then he would've wished he owned a gun and had a CCW. I feel so much safer with mine.

Reverend Cooper
07-14-2013, 07:41 AM
agreed^

776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:
(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or
(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.

The jury was correct

05caddyext
07-14-2013, 09:07 AM
I believe the jury was correct. However, it remains undisputed that this wouldn't have happened at all if Zimmerman hadn't continued to follow Martin around. The 911 operator clearly tells him "we don't need you to follow him." Had he never left his vehicle and started following him on foot, hell, had he never left his house in the first place, none of it would have happened. That is very clear. He wouldn't have had to fear for his life, he wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked but a kid, none of it would have happened.

Also, now it remains to be seen how he uses this in the future. Will he disappear now, or will he try to take advantage of it by writing a book or making a movie? Will he be sued by the family for wrongful death just as O.J. was? And the bigger question, does anyone care after a few days?

pOrk
07-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Listen to the 911 operator? Lol I would t do that either. The little prick woulda gotten away, and down the road he may have committed much more folio lent acts or murdered an innocent. He got what he had coming

spooln30
07-14-2013, 02:49 PM
^ We really don't know what kind of person TM really was. He could've been a great person or he could've been some punk kid that got in a lot of trouble BUT unless he did some very bad things in life, like kill or rape, then he didn't deserve to die. Also GZ didn't have to be labeled as a racist. Do I think GZ statements about that night events were truthful, YES, do I think this could've been avoided, YES.

OxmanWI
07-14-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm willing to put my money on "Punk Kid" for the person he was. I mean come on, he had tools to break into shit and he is walking around a gated community in the middle of the night in the pouring rain. The police had evidence that he was trying to buy a gun. He was up to no good and the rest of his future was looking like no good either. I think GZ was trying to keep his community safe and scare off the thief. You have to stand up for yourself...or "Stand your Ground". Everyday blacks kill other blacks. Whites kill whites and so on. If a black man kills a white it doesn't make national news, but God forbid when a white kills a black we have to hear about it for year in uproar? I'm tired of the fucking race card. And I'm not just talking about blacks either.

badass88gt
07-14-2013, 03:25 PM
As I said on FB, bottom line, young man came BACK after the situation was done for 4 minutes and picked a fight with an armed man. When he decided to go back and look for Zimmerman 4 minutes later instead of going somewhere else (home) he became the aggressor. Trayvon's life was not taken, he gave it away. FACT.

Gregor
07-14-2013, 10:45 PM
ehhh, should have been charged with littering.

animal
07-15-2013, 08:57 AM
What a lame news story this all is.

Nix
07-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Through all this horse shit I was confused as to why at first Zimmerman was labeled a "Hispanic" which he is. Then after the out cries from the black community and two seconds after all this shit hit the fan J. Jackson starts opening his fucking mouth to turn this into a racial profile the media added "White" hispanic to the title of Zimmermans description.

Why later on add the "White" part? I mean, was that truly necessary? CNN is the media source that originally added that extra word to describe Zimmerman and it didn't surprise me one bit once I learned that CNN was the culprit behind that addition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Lash
07-15-2013, 03:00 PM
The racial bullshit is 100% on this shit governments back. Just another way to scrounge up support for these dick bag politicians. And after all the crap that just happened with the AP.... the media still swings on their nuts.
Unreal....
This country is screwed!

WhatsADSM
07-15-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm willing to put my money on "Punk Kid" for the person he was. I mean come on, he had tools to break into shit and he is walking around a gated community in the middle of the night in the pouring rain. The police had evidence that he was trying to buy a gun. He was up to no good and the rest of his future was looking like no good either. I think GZ was trying to keep his community safe and scare off the thief. You have to stand up for yourself...or "Stand your Ground". Everyday blacks kill other blacks. Whites kill whites and so on. If a black man kills a white it doesn't make national news, but God forbid when a white kills a black we have to hear about it for year in uproar? I'm tired of the fucking race card. And I'm not just talking about blacks either.

You do realize he was walking around the gated community because he was staying there at the time.?
The race card is rediculous. Basically every credible source realizes the incident wasn't about race. GZ didn't profile him because he was black he profiled him because of what he was wearing.

As I said on FB, bottom line, young man came BACK after the situation was done for 4 minutes and picked a fight with an armed man. When he decided to go back and look for Zimmerman 4 minutes later instead of going somewhere else (home) he became the aggressor. Trayvon's life was not taken, he gave it away. FACT.

Uhhhh... GZ actually was the one that pursed Trayvon, even after he was told by the police dispatcher that he shouldn't follow him.

In reality I am not really sure what I think about it. I mean I honestly think this is something that either party could have stopped however they both escalated the situation until GZ was getting his ass kicked and shot him. On one hand GZ was wrong in that TM wasn't committing a crime and he essentially stalked TM while he was walking back to his house. On the other hand I have no doubt that TM was kicking the crap out of GZ somehow and GZ legitimately felt scared and likely did feel his life was threatened. By the letter of the law he stood his ground and I don't see how the jury could have really came to a guilty verdict. Still a pretty shitty situation all around and not one that was deserving of someone loosing their life.

Prince Valiant
07-15-2013, 10:43 PM
My thoughts are inline with Murray's. This is a tragic situation...and as bad as it was, it was made worse by race mongers seeking to put themselves at the forefront of a case that didn't involve them.

GZ doesn't strike me as heroic in any of this, but he's certainly innocent of the charges brought against him. TM strikes me as a thug, but ultimately, he didn't deserve to die for what he was up to originally that night...and yes, it was a dumb decision to go back and confront GZ the way he did.

OxmanWI
07-15-2013, 11:44 PM
You do realize he was walking around the gated community because he was staying there at the time.?
The race card is rediculous. Basically every credible source realizes the incident wasn't about race. GZ didn't profile him because he was black he profiled him because of what he was wearing.

You know what? No one was there. Half the bullshit you read in the paper or from the media is not true. From all the witnesses and reports who can really paint the picture of what happened that night? Whether he was staying there or not, why was a 17 year old walking around in the middle of the night in the pouring rain? Probably up to no good. The race card is being pulled right now after the fact, not the night of the crime. Not talking about that. Blacks are in an uproar right now wanting justice and it's the white man’s fault.

WhatsADSM
07-16-2013, 12:01 AM
You know what? No one was there. Half the bullshit you read in the paper or from the media is not true. From all the witnesses and reports who can really paint the picture of what happened that night? Whether he was staying there or not, why was a 17 year old walking around in the middle of the night in the pouring rain? Probably up to no good. The race card is being pulled right now after the fact, not the night of the crime. Not talking about that. Blacks are in an uproar right now wanting justice and it's the white man’s fault.
Again no credible source thinks its about race including the most important one of all... the jury.
GZ himself self identifies as a Hispanic, so anyone that tries to turn it into white/black is ignorant.

I've walked in the rain when I was 17... happened on occasion since I didn't always have access to a car. Guess I'm lucky not to have been shot dead walking back home.
I do agree TM was on the "wrong track" in life. However he has civil rights just as you and I do. It is not right to be shot dead because you are walking "home" in the rain and were profiled... even if things escalated into a fight.

P.S. It wasn't the middle of the night.

Yooformula
07-16-2013, 12:09 AM
IMO, ANY person walking around late night in a gated community wearing a hoodie after a recent rash of break ins has occurred should expect to be questioned by the CHOSEN neighborhood watch. I know almost every person that walks around in my neighborhood and when I see someone that doesnt live here, I call the cops, take plate numbers and yes at times have followed them. Considering in one summer, we have had 6 break ins, a forced entry, 2 people had guns pulled on them to steal their dogs, cars vandalized and homes/property damaged you better be damm sure I and alot of my neighbors act first and question everyone! When school is in session and I see individuals out super late, my immediate thought is that they are up to no good and in this case the kid was suspended from school for another drug possession violation. As a concerned resident GZ had every right to follow this kid as long as he didnt threaten him or put his hands on him. Trayvon should have kept his hands to himself, instead he CHOSE to attack and beat up gz then attempt to grab his gun.

Irish
07-16-2013, 07:44 AM
Why is the government looking at picking up charges?

SSDude
07-16-2013, 08:58 AM
Again no credible source thinks its about race including the most important one of all... the jury.
GZ himself self identifies as a Hispanic, so anyone that tries to turn it into white/black is ignorant.

I've walked in the rain when I was 17... happened on occasion since I didn't always have access to a car. Guess I'm lucky not to have been shot dead walking back home.
I do agree TM was on the "wrong track" in life. However he has civil rights just as you and I do. It is not right to be shot dead because you are walking "home" in the rain and were profiled... even if things escalated into a fight.

P.S. It wasn't the middle of the night.

P.S. he was shot dead after pounding GZ's head into the pavement for following him. GZ and family as well as all the residents have a right a safe neighborhood and to patrol it to reduce the crime problem. If youre attacked you may need to pull a trigger to survive otherwise you could end up the dead one.

DNT H8
07-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Why is the government looking at picking up charges?

Because the Sharpton's and Jackson's of the Country are playing your boy Holder to abuse his power like usual.

DNT H8
07-16-2013, 09:48 AM
For your viewing enjoyment....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cbf_1373866573

Wagonbacker9
07-16-2013, 10:00 AM
The race baiting is getting old. Getting to the point where being black means you have immunity from anything (or get outraged when you don't) is getting way out of hand. When non-black on black crime rates go back above black on black crime, I'll start feeling sorry for them again, until then, so far as I'm concerned they're keeping each other down more than the white man has in the last 50 years.

Nix
07-16-2013, 10:46 AM
I have a article some of you may find interesting. It isn't directly related or really related to it at all. But it is talking about some of the race issues that have been becoming an epidemic. Some of the double standards that involve different ethnicities etc... Since this trial brought the race card into this and the race card has been a huge topic lately more than ever. So I thought I'd share. For what it's worth I think it's a great article and it is chalked with truth.

http://fxn.ws/12GMf8a

Nickerz
07-16-2013, 10:59 AM
IMO, ANY person walking around late night in a gated community wearing a hoodie after a recent rash of break ins has occurred should expect to be questioned by the CHOSEN neighborhood watch. I know almost every person that walks around in my neighborhood and when I see someone that doesnt live here, I call the cops, take plate numbers and yes at times have followed them. Considering in one summer, we have had 6 break ins, a forced entry, 2 people had guns pulled on them to steal their dogs, cars vandalized and homes/property damaged you better be damm sure I and alot of my neighbors act first and question everyone! When school is in session and I see individuals out super late, my immediate thought is that they are up to no good and in this case the kid was suspended from school for another drug possession violation. As a concerned resident GZ had every right to follow this kid as long as he didnt threaten him or put his hands on him. Trayvon should have kept his hands to himself, instead he CHOSE to attack and beat up gz then attempt to grab his gun.

Move

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Gregor
07-16-2013, 11:26 AM
and move where? To the next town so the trash will follow you there when all the places they hit are vacant. Did you live next to Northridge? After it closed down the shit heads migrated to Mayfair. And then they tried their shit at Brookfield Mall. Till the BFPD when hunting, and then it died down. So the just "move" idea of your sucks.

GZ was backed in a corner after a black kid overpowered him, slamming his head into the ground in a move called "Ground and Pound". Do you think that, honest and lawful TM would have stopped after he got GZ hand gun or do you think he would have shot him in the head. It all boils down to who got the gun, because the loser would be at the business end of it.

It was started by the media, fueled by racism and sustained by white guilt.

badass88gt
07-16-2013, 11:43 AM

Uhhhh... GZ actually was the one that pursed Trayvon, even after he was told by the police dispatcher that he shouldn't follow him.

In reality I am not really sure what I think about it. I mean I honestly think this is something that either party could have stopped however they both escalated the situation until GZ was getting his ass kicked and shot him. On one hand GZ was wrong in that TM wasn't committing a crime and he essentially stalked TM while he was walking back to his house. On the other hand I have no doubt that TM was kicking the crap out of GZ somehow and GZ legitimately felt scared and likely did feel his life was threatened. By the letter of the law he stood his ground and I don't see how the jury could have really came to a guilty verdict. Still a pretty shitty situation all around and not one that was deserving of someone loosing their life.

GZ was doing his job as neighborhood watch. There were a series of break-ins, TM possibly fit the previous descriptions, GZ was doing like he was supposed to. A dispatcher giving instructions is no different than me telling him what to do, dispatchers have zero authority. GZ did nothing wrong, TM had no business coming back after he lost GZ on foot.

Yooformula
07-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Move

Thanks for the great advice..

Irish
07-16-2013, 03:05 PM

Lmao!

VroomPshhTsi
07-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Trayvon should have kept his hands to himself, instead he CHOSE to attack and beat up gz then attempt to grab his gun.

The only one to say this is George Zimmerman, it is far from a confirmed fact. I'm sure if Trayvon was alive he would have a different story. There was no DNA/fingerprints from TM on the gun. I don't believe GZ's story of "when he saw my gun he said 'you gonna die tonight.'" I don't know about you but if I'm in a fight and I realize the guy has a gun, I'm getting the hell out of there. Who is that cocky that they see the person they are in a fist fight with has a gun to think "oh shit they have a gun, it's OK I'm totally going to win this fight, grab his gun, and kill him, hell I will even say out loud exactly what I'm going to do." GZ "fearing for his life" is entirely subjective. Maybe he truly did. However just because you say "I fear for my life" doesn't make it true, those are just words.

Here is what I posted on FB about it to summarize my thoughts.
By law, I would have to rule not guilty. It is not against the law to confront someone and it is legal in Florida to use deadly force if you fear for your life. However I feel that law and this ruling does not set a good precedent. What's to stop someone from carrying a gun, picking a fight with someone you don't like, wait for them to land a few punches, then pull out your gun and kill them while claiming self defense? Hundreds of people get in fist fights every day and lose without reaching for a gun. I think it's hard to believe he "feared for his life" when the two were equal size physically, if anything Zimmerman was bigger. If this was a 300 pound man vs. a 90 pound woman, different story. Plus Zimmerman was just as much an agitator in this case because he created the confrontation by stalking Martin and he ignored the 911 operator's request to not pursue. Maybe he didn't throw the first punch but he certainly put himself in that situation. Either way, no one knows with 100% certainty if this was murder or self defense except for Zimmerman and Martin. But under the current laws, I would have to rule not guilty. I'm not going to be one of those people who say Martin got what he deserved or Zimmerman got away with murder.

Yooformula
07-16-2013, 07:07 PM
worth the watch if you havent seen it.

LcdSZw2-C18

STANMAN
07-16-2013, 08:20 PM
The only one to say this is George Zimmerman, it is far from a confirmed fact. I'm sure if Trayvon was alive he would have a different story. There was no DNA/fingerprints from TM on the gun. I don't believe GZ's story of "when he saw my gun he said 'you gonna die tonight.'" I don't know about you but if I'm in a fight and I realize the guy has a gun, I'm getting the hell out of there. Who is that cocky that they see the person they are in a fist fight with has a gun to think "oh shit they have a gun, it's OK I'm totally going to win this fight, grab his gun, and kill him, hell I will even say out loud exactly what I'm going to do." GZ "fearing for his life" is entirely subjective. Maybe he truly did. However just because you say "I fear for my life" doesn't make it true, those are just words.

Here is what I posted on FB about it to summarize my thoughts.
By law, I would have to rule not guilty. It is not against the law to confront someone and it is legal in Florida to use deadly force if you fear for your life. However I feel that law and this ruling does not set a good precedent. What's to stop someone from carrying a gun, picking a fight with someone you don't like, wait for them to land a few punches, then pull out your gun and kill them while claiming self defense? Hundreds of people get in fist fights every day and lose without reaching for a gun. I think it's hard to believe he "feared for his life" when the two were equal size physically, if anything Zimmerman was bigger. If this was a 300 pound man vs. a 90 pound woman, different story. Plus Zimmerman was just as much an agitator in this case because he created the confrontation by stalking Martin and he ignored the 911 operator's request to not pursue. Maybe he didn't throw the first punch but he certainly put himself in that situation. Either way, no one knows with 100% certainty if this was murder or self defense except for Zimmerman and Martin. But under the current laws, I would have to rule not guilty. I'm not going to be one of those people who say Martin got what he deserved or Zimmerman got away with murder.

Stalking? Stalking is what a predator does. I don't think GZ was a predator, he was FOLLOWING him. A 911 operator who didn't give two squirts of monkey piss about the recent break ins because hell, they weren't in HER neighborhood. Screw listening to her, I would have ignored her as well. You think if two people of equal size are fighting, one gets on top and starts slamming the others head into the concrete that thoughts of "I could possibly die here tonight" are hard to believe? I don't care if GZ went up to TM and called him the "n" word, it doesn't give TM the right to lay hands on him, and once that happened, it's game on.

http://i39.tinypic.com/ndx8av.jpg

So wrong, saw it on another forum (where I learned about the "lean drank" that TM had the fixins for).

SSDude
07-16-2013, 08:36 PM
TM's use of lean drank was known and his behavior reflects many of the behavioral side effects of a user. The autopsy reviled signs of him being a user for a while.
I have no doubt of GZ's story. Even when he was interviewed by a detective the detective played him on there being a video of the whole event. GZ's reply was "Thank God"

Nickerz
07-16-2013, 08:38 PM

No problem ; )

Nickerz
07-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Btw the prosecution with holding is totally fucked. I can't believe she was dumb enough dumb enough to fire him after she got busted.

Prince Valiant
07-16-2013, 08:49 PM
The irony, of course, is that all this handwringing is because a supposedly white guy killed a black kid....we had "protest" all over the US about this.

But why isn't there the same attention or protest over all the black guys killing other black guys? It happens 10-20x a day around the US, you know? Is it like the N-word? Okay for other blacks to kill blacks? Only verboten when whites kill blacks?

Lash
07-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Let's get a few things straight here since spreading false info makes you no better than your counterpart.

1) When Trayvon was shot, no burglary tools were found on him. He was, however, previously found with tools on him at school. Not on this day though.

2) The shooting occurred at about 7:16. Far from the "middle of the night".

3) If you listen to the 911 call, it's plainly obvious that Zimmerman was not following Martin at the end of the call. Zimmerman gave up after he said "he's runnin" followed by a few seconds later "he ran" as if giving up chase.
Zimmerman was headed back to his truck when encountered by Martin. The shooting occurred only 70 yards from where Martin was staying. What prompted him from running all the was home instead of going back to Zimmerman?

After Zimmerman ended his call with police, a violent encounter took place between Martin and Zimmerman, which ended when Zimmerman fatally shot Martin 70 yards (64 m) from the rear door of the townhouse where Martin was staying.[77][Note 5]

Full transcript of Zimmerman's call to SPD non-emergency number[74][79]
Dispatcher: Sanford Police Department. ...
Zimmerman: Hey, we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy, uh, [near] Retreat View Circle. Um, the best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: Okay, and this guy is he white, black, or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.
Dispatcher: Did you see what he was wearing?
Zimmerman: Yeah. A dark hoodie, like a grey hoodie, and either jeans or sweatpants and white tennis shoes. He's [unintelligible], he was just staring...
Dispatcher: Okay, he's just walking around the area...
Zimmerman: ...looking at all the houses.
Dispatcher: Okay...
Zimmerman: Now he's just staring at me.
Dispatcher: Okay. You said it's 1111 Retreat View? Or 111?
Zimmerman: That's the clubhouse... [Note 3, 3rd picture]
Dispatcher: That's the clubhouse. Do you know what the—he's near the clubhouse right now?
Zimmerman: Yeah, now he's coming towards me.
Dispatcher: Okay.
Zimmerman: He's got his hand in his waistband. And he's a black male.
Dispatcher: How old would you say he looks?
Zimmerman: He's got a button on his shirt. Late teens.
Dispatcher: Late teens. Okay.
Zimmerman: Something's wrong with him. Yup, he's coming to check me out. He's got something in his hands. I don't know what his deal is.
Dispatcher: Just let me know if he does anything, okay?
Zimmerman: How long until you get an officer over here?
Dispatcher: Yeah, we've got someone on the way. Just let me know if this guy does anything else.
Zimmerman: Okay. These assholes, they always get away. When you come to the clubhouse, you come straight in and make a left. Actually, you would go past the clubhouse.[Note 3, 3rd picture]
Dispatcher: So it's on the lefthand side from the clubhouse?
Zimmerman: No, you go in straight through the entrance and then you make a left...uh, you go straight in, don't turn, and make a left. Shit, he's running.
Dispatcher: He's running? Which way is he running?
Zimmerman: Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood.
Dispatcher: Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?
Zimmerman: The back entrance...fucking [disputed/unintelligible]
Dispatcher: Are you following him?
Zimmerman: Yeah.
Dispatcher: Okay, we don't need you to do that.
Zimmerman: Okay.
Dispatcher: All right, sir, what is your name?
Zimmerman: George...He ran.
Dispatcher: All right, George, what's your last name?
Zimmerman: Zimmerman.
Dispatcher: And George, what's the phone number you're calling from?
Zimmerman: [redacted]
Dispatcher: All right, George, we do have them on the way. Do you want to meet with the officer when they get out there?
Zimmerman: Yeah.
Dispatcher: Alright, where you going to meet with them at?
Zimmerman: If they come in through the gate, tell them to go straight past the club house, and uh, straight past the club house and make a left, and then they go past the mailboxes, [Note 3, 4th picture] that's my truck...[unintelligible]
Dispatcher: What address are you parked in front of?
Zimmerman: I don't know. It's a cut through so I don't know the address.[Note 3, 6th & 7th pictures]
Dispatcher: Okay. Do you live in the area?
Zimmerman: Yeah, I...[unintelligible]
Dispatcher: What's your apartment number?
Zimmerman: It's a home. It's 1950,[Note 3, 3rd picture] Oh, crap. I don't want to give it all out. I don't know where this kid is.
Dispatcher: Okay. Do you want to just meet with them right near the mailboxes then?
Zimmerman: Yeah, that's fine.
Dispatcher: All right, George. I'll let them know to meet you around there okay?
Zimmerman: Actually, could you have them call me and I'll tell them where I'm at?
Dispatcher: Okay, yeah. That's no problem.
Zimmerman: Should I give you my number or you got it?
Dispatcher: Yeah, I got it [redacted]
Zimmerman: Yeah, you got it.
Dispatcher: Okay. No problem. I'll let them know to call you when they're in the area.
Zimmerman: Thanks.
Dispatcher: You're welcome.[74]

All of the details of the trial can be found on wiki with all relate sources. It's a pretty interesting read.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trayvon_Martin

WhatsADSM
07-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Yea the juror interview solidifies what I was saying before; No credible source thinks it was about race. It just wasn't. While some of the jurors initially thought he was guilty, they didn't even discuss the race issue because no one thought it was racially motivated.

The irony, of course, is that all this handwringing is because a supposedly white guy killed a black kid....we had "protest" all over the US about this.

But why isn't there the same attention or protest over all the black guys killing other black guys? It happens 10-20x a day around the US, you know? Is it like the N-word? Okay for other blacks to kill blacks? Only verboten when whites kill blacks?
X2 This really is a big part of the problem. Blacks kill blacks all the time, whites kill whites all the time, but that stuff rarely gets media attention.
Honestly everyone that brought this case to the forefront because of race need to stick a BIG foot in their mouth.

Waver
07-17-2013, 12:07 PM
You know, this would of never of been an issue of race or for that matter probably wouldnt of gotten the attention it did if Sharpton, Jackson, and Obama Llama wouldn't of added their two cents about this being a race fueled crime. As a result, the news media ran with it, and it bacame Casey Anthony all over again, another page 6 news story that should of never made it any further. It was a case of self defense.

What made this note worthy of the above three is the fact that a guy who was part white shot and killed a kid who was black. If it was the other way around, this would of never of gotten the spot light it did. It never does.

Wagonbacker9
07-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Black kid killed by old white guy, guilty of 1st degree. Can we go back to life as usual now that the evil white man was locked up?

GTSLOW
07-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Btw the prosecution with holding is totally fucked. I can't believe she was dumb enough dumb enough to fire him after she got busted.

Ya no shit talk about shady...

Irish
07-17-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm surprised they didn't go for manslaughter. It would have made a better case for the prosecution... If they hasn't lied about Zimmerman's injuries.

Lash
07-17-2013, 05:08 PM
They are gonna charge this guy whether he deserves it or not. All it's gonna take is one person to make up some shit and he's done.

http://www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=22995&external=2237726.proteus.fma

SSDude
07-17-2013, 05:15 PM
LoL this was a clean classic self defense case that the race baiter's wanted to turn into something it wasn't.Odumbo and Holder are trying to placate the race hustlers audiences because they didn't get the vengeance verdict they wanted.

GTSLOW
07-17-2013, 08:42 PM
They are gonna charge this guy whether he deserves it or not. All it's gonna take is one person to make up some shit and he's done.

http://www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=22995&external=2237726.proteus.fma

So isn't this cute. They'll waste resources chasing every lead possible on Zimmerman yet they do nothing about the IRS.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/16/treasury-department-admits-scrutiny-candidate-donor-tax-records/

"Justice Department in hot seat after declining to prosecute alleged IRS abuse"

WhatsADSM
07-17-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm surprised they didn't go for manslaughter. It would have made a better case for the prosecution... If they hasn't lied about Zimmerman's injuries.

IIRC they did go for manslaughter too. Just that the stand your ground law trumps that as well so he was not guilty.

Reverend Cooper
07-17-2013, 09:29 PM
it cant be manslaughter or 2nd degree,in the instant that he felt safety for his life and he pulls the trigger he is within the law period.nothing leading up to that matters.

Prince Valiant
07-17-2013, 10:12 PM
IIRC they did go for manslaughter too. Just that the stand your ground law trumps that as well so he was not guilty.Stand your ground laws played no roll in the defense or prosecution of this case. The case could have been dismissed after a "stand your ground" hearing, but the defense didn't seek it, because they felt that part of his case may have been sketchy...but were confident that the self-defense portion was fairly open and shut (determinations made also by the police).

But you're right, they did go for manslaughter...the JUDGE allow for the charge at the end of the case, even though the defense hadn't planned to defend against such a charge.

But to the "stand your ground" vs. self-defense portion of the case: As the evidence and testimony suggest TM was on top of GZ, and that he was being "grounded and pounded" as witnesses described, or head pounded/struggle for weapon as GZ testifies, regardless of how the situation arose, this at those moments became a simple case of self-defense. GZ was no longer in a position to retreat and left with no other recourse but to defend himself.

Now, anyone can point out that they're sketical/don't believe it/etc...but GZ doesn't have the burden to prove beyond a resonable doubt. In fact, the testimony of the individual who called 911 and testified he saw TM on top of GZ, as well as testifying that GZ was shouting "help" creates all the reasonable doubt needed that this was neither manslaughter nor second degree murder.

Gregor
07-18-2013, 08:55 AM
I love how at the end they were trying for child abuse rap. They knew that didn't have anything on the guy.

GTSLOW
07-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Oh noes Stevie Wonder is boycotting Florida. :rolf

Korndogg
07-18-2013, 12:05 PM
yjV9dzE_J_U

0TransAm0
07-18-2013, 03:26 PM
It didn't matter what the verdict was.. Zimmerman's life is fucked. He will never live a "normal" life again... I'm glad he wasn't convicted the jury got it right..

Lash
07-18-2013, 03:44 PM
yjV9dzE_J_U

Awesome!

VroomPshhTsi
07-19-2013, 07:38 AM
^ Great vid!!

spooln30
07-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Is anybody else really sick of hearing about this still and more bullshit being spread around? I love how once again black leaders with the help of the media, have pulled the race card out since they didn't get their way. Well I guess they thought race the whole time. Isn't it fucked up when a brown guy shoots and kills a black guy and white people get blamed. Also what the Pres said today is ridiculous and watch all of the black on whomevers in their way violence at these so called rallies Saturday. The only thing that will come from all of this is a more racially divided country.

spooln30
07-20-2013, 01:45 AM
So isn't this cute. They'll waste resources chasing every lead possible on Zimmerman yet they do nothing about the IRS.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/16/treasury-department-admits-scrutiny-candidate-donor-tax-records/

"Justice Department in hot seat after declining to prosecute alleged IRS abuse"

You bring up a great point that many have missed. I believe the Pres and our government is stepping in and making statements about this case to get people to forget the shady things they have been doing as of late. We need to take back out government and get rid of all of these fools, except Walker!!

Lash
07-21-2013, 07:26 PM
Couldn't have said it better.

http://www.eurweb.com/2013/07/romany-malco-pens-message-to-trayvon-sympathizers/