PDA

View Full Version : Caring for Kennedy Benefit Car Show @ Late Model Throttle

73MACH
06-30-2013, 01:10 AM
I am pleased to announce that thanks to Jeff, Kyle, Devon, and everyone else at LMT, we now have a benefit car show at the LMT shop on August 4th, 2013. 10am-5pm. I hope to see as many people out there as possible! We have quite of few items already for the raffles and I'll be working on getting more and more up until the day of. We will have food and drinks for sale. There is no entrance fee, but we are asking for donations if possible. Come and hang out, enjoy yourself, check out what LMT has to offer and check out all the other cars that show up.

A special thanks to all the people that have donated their time, money, or items to help out! If you have some time on this day and would like to donate some time to help, please pm me or call or text me.

I hope the attachment works out and shows up, if not, I think I may shoot my computer as I have been having problems with it lately.

Hope to see you all there!

Jason Dunne
(920)362-4057

73MACH
07-05-2013, 02:51 PM
bump, put it on your calendar...

SloFarmTruck
07-05-2013, 03:25 PM
If you don't mind, I am copying your attachment and putting it up on 2 other local forums to help spread the word.

73MACH
07-05-2013, 05:25 PM
If you don't mind, I am copying your attachment and putting it up on 2 other local forums to help spread the word.

Absolutely!!! I really appreciate it, the more people, the better. I just added another flyer of her story to help explain everything she has been going through. I you would please, add that also to help explain things.

Thanks a ton

nismodave
07-05-2013, 11:25 PM
I will do my best to make it!

73MACH
07-06-2013, 02:16 AM
I will do my best to make it!

Sweet deal! Now make sure you bring your lovely wife with to keep you in line, Dave!

bikedad
07-06-2013, 07:59 AM
I put it on the calendar. Hope to make it.

73MACH
07-07-2013, 08:21 PM
I put it on the calendar. Hope to make it.

:thumbsup:thumbsup

73MACH
07-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know the news I got today.

First off, Kennedy's surgery to remove her remaining kidney and install the tube for the dialasis (sp?) went well other than a few minor complications on monday. But best of all, my cousin was told that she is now 100% CANCER FREE!!!!! That means she doesn't have to be on dialasis for 2+ years 24/7 and she can have her transplant. That's such great news! The surgeons are wasting no time and already have her and her mom scheduled for surgery tomorrow to do the transplant.

Now we need some prayers that the surgery goes well for the both of them and that Kennedy's new kidney isn't rejected. She isn't out of the woods quite yet, but she is one HUGE step closer! I've been busting my butt trying to get donations for this car show, so please, pass the word on to anyone you think would go. Remember, you don't need a car to come and support her, just two feet, one foot, two wheels, however the hell you get around, that's all you need.

Thanks for your time guys and girls, I really hope to see you there and meet the people I don't know yet!!!

Yooformula
07-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Great news!

nismodave
07-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Awesome news!!

michelle
07-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Fantastic!

Waver
07-11-2013, 11:23 AM
This is great news Jason!

73MACH
07-12-2013, 01:50 PM
I received this email from Kennedy's dad, Eric, yesterday......

CARING FOR KENNEDY UPDATE FROM ERIC:

Good morning!
And it was a good night as well I must say!
On day 2 everything seems to be going just as expected with recovery.
Jennifer is still in pain as was expected but was able to get up and walk a little bit this morning. Her doctors and nurses are great and say Jen's vital signs are good, incisions look great and recovering normally.
Kennedy is doing amazing with the exception of a small complication with her epidural noticed at the end of surgery making the doctors decide to leave her breathing tube in overnight keeping her asleep and comfortable for the majority of the night. Daddy stayed by her side the whole night while Auntie Kristin stayed with Jennifer. Her tube should be removed later this morning and pain will be controlled through her IV. She's producing urine very well.
... Her creatinine level is way down now to 0.43! This is a huge improvement from the very high levels they were at before the transplant.
Jennifer is very much looking forward to her first visit with Kennedy at some point later today so mother and daughter can be together again with their new & very special bond they now & will always have!

Please keep all those thoughts and prayers coming that are so very much appreciated!
God bless!

73MACH
07-12-2013, 02:02 PM
And I received this one from my mom today.

Update on my cousin Jennifer and little cousin, Kennedy.
God is so very, very good!
The transplant is a success!!!
Both Jennifer and Kennedy are now out of surgery and recovering and Kennedy's new kidney is already producing urine!!!
Please continue to pray for their full recovery. You all have been beyond wonderful and supportive. So many people to thank!
God bless the transplant team surgeons and all staff today for doing an incredible job
taking amazing care of Kennedy and Jennifer and God bless them and protect them through this journey of healing and recovering.

bikedad
07-13-2013, 07:32 AM
That's fantastic news!
"Where two or more gather in my name, there I am with them".

73MACH
07-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Got another update!!! Aparently there has been alot of family and friends coming to see Kennedy and Jen....lol Still a great update regardless.

michelle
07-13-2013, 09:25 PM
Love reading the updates on Facebook. Glad to hear things are going so well with the recovery!

73MACH
07-14-2013, 11:04 AM
yup, so far so good! Both are still in alot of pain and discomfort, but that is to be expected given the trauma that their bodies have been through. Other than that, all the certain levels the docs look at are all ok and the new kidney is doing what it should be doing already so that's a HUGE plus! Unfortunately though, they are not quite out of the woods yet, but this is the best outcome we could have hoped for so far.

73MACH
07-22-2013, 05:50 PM
I just got word that both Kennedy and her mom are at home!!!!! Things are progressing pretty good!

Bump for good news...

Reverend Cooper
07-22-2013, 10:03 PM
i wont be there but will send the raffle stuff with someone thats going

73MACH
07-22-2013, 10:28 PM
i wont be there but will send the raffle stuff with someone thats going

Sounds good, Coop. Thanks again! If something changes, head on out

73MACH
07-26-2013, 07:41 PM
bumpity bump......looks like we are going to have quite a few gift baskets worth over $100 each we will be raffling off as well as some bigger items......

michelle
07-29-2013, 07:38 PM
Can't make it to this event, so I ran to the fundraiser at Robert's Custard and donated some money. Place was busy, which was great to see!

Irish
07-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Can't make it to this event.

Brogus.

73MACH
07-30-2013, 12:16 AM
Can't make it to this event, so I ran to the fundraiser at Robert's Custard and donated some money. Place was busy, which was great to see!

This quote made me :( and then it made me :headbang:headbang!

Thanks for coming! It was crazy busy for a couple of hours. I wish I would've seen you there. I didn't get there from work until 530ish and it was busy buy then.

I copy/pasted this from the reminder thread cuz it's late as hell...lol

It was a sea of green "Caring for Kennedy" t-shirts for a couple of hours. It was awesome to see the support the Jen and Kennedy are getting. I didn't know that Jennifer and Kennedy were going to be there so it was deffinetaly nice to see them up and about and enjoying all the kids and ice cream. There was alot of money raised for sure. I'm not sure how much yet, but between the t-shirt sales, Robert's portion, the bracelet sales, and just the donation bucket, I'm sure a good dent was put into the Goal amount.

You must've had the red gt that sounded pretty nice....I was the goofy looking guy in my light blue work polo. I got a few min. to sneak away to have a smoke when you pulled in. I started talking to people again heard you leaving before i could ask if you were from BCM. Car sounded great when you were leaving also.

The pic of the family turned out a little cloudy, but you get the picture.....a happy...COMPLEtE family. This made my day to see this. I wish I knew how to post the pic directly instead of a link...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/korndogg03/jenandkennedy_zpsc52f2747.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/korndogg03/kieferfamily_zps018603e1.jpg

Reverend Cooper
07-30-2013, 07:33 PM
I wish I could go to this for you all.

03Mach1
07-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Hi, where can we drop off items for the raffles? Thanks.

Mike

73MACH
07-30-2013, 10:50 PM
Hi, where can we drop off items for the raffles? Thanks.

Mike

Hey Mike, I will PM you now. Thanks for whatever you got!!! We really appreciate it.

I wish I could go to this for you all.

I'm still a little nervous that only a handful of cars are going to show up....kind of like throwing a big party without anybody rsvp'ing, won't know til it happens! I'm hoping for the best though, looks to be beautiful weather coming for it!

73MACH
08-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Thanks Coop and 03Mach1!!! Both kick ass donations. Coop, being a mustang guy, I'm going to have a REAL hard time giving this one away! lol. I pulled my fiance out of the house when I got home to show her....
You guys should see what was donated for raffle prizes and silent auction prizes. It's awesome. I don't think it gets much better than this, food, sodas, CARS, DYNOS, beautiful weather, a crapload of prizes, and helping out a good cause...

3 days away bumbity!!!

Reverend Cooper
08-01-2013, 09:13 PM
THanks for coming to pick it up i appreciate it there was no way i would have gotten it to you otherwise.

73MACH
08-01-2013, 10:03 PM
No worries, glad it all worked out

Flicktitty
08-01-2013, 10:59 PM
73Mach PM Sent

lordairgtar
08-02-2013, 01:08 AM
Mentioned the benefit at my cruise night tonight. Hopefully some of the people will come. Looking forward to DJing the show.

73MACH
08-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Mentioned the benefit at my cruise night tonight. Hopefully some of the people will come. Looking forward to DJing the show.

You are the man, Gregg! THanks

crazyhorse
08-02-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm in. Now just need to wash the car tomorrow.

Flicktitty
08-02-2013, 05:16 PM
We are going to be able to make it, i posted a little about the show on facebook too.

Irish
08-02-2013, 05:50 PM
We are going to be able to make it, i posted a little about the show on facebook too.

Sweet. You can remind me how awesome the GTR is...

03Mach1
08-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Thanks Coop and 03Mach1!!! Both kick ass donations. Coop, being a mustang guy, I'm going to have a REAL hard time giving this one away! lol. I pulled my fiance out of the house when I got home to show her....
You guys should see what was donated for raffle prizes and silent auction prizes. It's awesome. I don't think it gets much better than this, food, sodas, CARS, DYNOS, beautiful weather, a crapload of prizes, and helping out a good cause...
3 days away bumbity!!!

Your welcome. Sorry I missed you last night, but good luck with the raffles. Hopefully I will have a chance to get over there for a couple hours on Sunday. Sounds like you have some nice stuff lined up! Take care.

Flicktitty
08-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Sweet. You can remind me how awesome the GTR is...

Awesome, I'll be sure to make a powerpoint.

Irish
08-02-2013, 06:45 PM

Please do. I'll bring the laser pointer.

JRink
08-02-2013, 07:00 PM
This Sunday? I can likely make that.
JR

73MACH
08-02-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm in. Now just need to wash the car tomorrow.

Awesome!

Your welcome. Sorry I missed you last night, but good luck with the raffles. Hopefully I will have a chance to get over there for a couple hours on Sunday. Sounds like you have some nice stuff lined up! Take care.

Make sure you find me..Devon was already eyeing up what you gave, lol.

This Sunday? I can likely make that.
JR

Sweet, Are you bringing the car? I'd like to check that thing out...

Please do. I'll bring the laser pointer.

??? Did I miss something??

UnderPSI
08-03-2013, 01:17 AM
I can do a 50/50 raffle if you guys want. I'll buy the tickets and everything. I have a donation to bring also. Shoot me a text if you want me to do the raffle and I will go buy the tickets. Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

73MACH
08-04-2013, 12:40 AM
The day of BUMP!!!

73MACH
08-04-2013, 12:40 AM
Thanks Brad!

Prince Valiant
08-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Good luck today! Wish I could make it though. I'll just say a prayer for the trooper in lieu of attendance. It ain't much, but hopefully it's helpful :)

73MACH
08-04-2013, 06:02 AM
Good luck today! Wish I could make it though. I'll just say a prayer for the trooper in lieu of attendance. It ain't much, but hopefully it's helpful :)

Everything is helpfull.....

Reverend Cooper
08-04-2013, 07:54 PM
very interested to see pictures from the meet

michelle
08-04-2013, 08:53 PM
https://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/970321_186430614862061_911144851_n.jpg

Bummed I could not make it out today, but I imagine it was a great event! Sounds like the other event was also a success!

73MACH
08-04-2013, 10:04 PM
WOW, I don't know what else to say, oh yeah, THANK YOU!!!! Thank you to everyone that came today, to everyone that helped out, to everyone that donated, especially the people that donated(alot of them from this very website), we couldn't have done this without you guys...Jeff, Devon, and everybody else at LMT, I can't thank you guys enough for you time, space, advice and help. Lordairgtar(Gregg) and his bride provided the MC and Music and did an awesome job! Gregg, hope your wife enjoys the prize she won! I could go on forever thanking people, lol.

As you can see from the pic that Michelle posted, both Kennedy and her mom Jen and the rest of her family made it out!! Both Jen and Eric were blown away by the turnout and the amount of giving and care that was going on. This was Eric's first car show! I was suprised to hear that. He needs to get out more I think...

All said and done, we, together, all of you and more were able to raise $2,733.65 for Kennedy!!!! That is just plain outstanding....I can only repeat how thankful my ENTIRE family is for all the help, donations, and just flat out concern that went on here today. It's really humbling to see this going on, not just today, but from the past couple of months.

It was great to meet a bunch of you today, next time I will have some more time to talk and hang out.

Coop, I didn't get a chance to take any pics but my mom, dad, and a few others did get some so when they get them to me, I will post them up. If anyone else got any, please post them up. Hopefully they don't have my brother photo bombing them, he seems to be really good at getting in there at the perfect time. Thanks Michelle for already helping with that!(I'm not on FB) That is Kennedy(pigtails), her older brother Luke, my niece Gabbi, My mom and my brother(photo bomb king)

BTW Coop, My dad won the Mustang bucket of goodies....soooo I'm going to try to sneak some of those things from him...lol. I was really jealous of him.

My brain is burnt out so I'm going to shower and go to bed, I will post up all the sponsors names from here and thanks tomorrow when I find my list

Nix
08-04-2013, 11:58 PM
I was there with my 3 year old daughter Faith and my buddy Mike and his daughter. This was Faiths first car show and she had a great time. I knelt down to look under one of the cars and from there on out when Faith would get next to a car she would kneel down and look under it! We were in the shop when a mustang was doing Dino pulls and it was kinda dark in there and Faith got spooked and cried for a bit. I told her it was just a mustang running to see how strong it was. She started calling it a "monsterstang" and I said no a Mustang. She proceeded to call me silly daddy.

I got her a caring for Kennedy bracelet and she thought it was the coolest thing. She said she is taking it to daycare tomorrow to show her teachers and her friends. Also one of the guys working the concessions stand gave her a free cookie and I thought that was a killer gesture. She loved. It felt great to donate for such a great cause and I hope the great news about Kennedy continues to come. I thought for a split second that it would be kinda cool to see if I could throw my 300C up on the Dino for shits and giggles but I figured not seeing as how I would have people point and laugh at my grocery getter! All in all it was a fun time and it sounds to be a total success.

Thanks for a fun car show!

Flicktitty
08-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Had a great time at the show! Got waaay to much sun though it seemed LOL. Met some new people and talked to some old friends. I took a decent amount of pictures of the event. Check them out here.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.416539188452672.1073741833.100002897845518&type=1&l=a09b6ffd02

(Should work for you non facebookers)

Irish
08-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Had a great time at the show! Got waaay to much sun though it seemed LOL. Met some new people and talked to some old friends. I took a decent amount of pictures of the event. Check them out here.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.416539188452672.1073741833.100002897845518&type=1&l=a09b6ffd02

Nice pics!

73MACH
08-05-2013, 03:31 PM
I was there with my 3 year old daughter Faith and my buddy Mike and his daughter. This was Faiths first car show and she had a great time. I knelt down to look under one of the cars and from there on out when Faith would get next to a car she would kneel down and look under it! We were in the shop when a mustang was doing Dino pulls and it was kinda dark in there and Faith got spooked and cried for a bit. I told her it was just a mustang running to see how strong it was. She started calling it a "monsterstang" and I said no a Mustang. She proceeded to call me silly daddy.

I got her a caring for Kennedy bracelet and she thought it was the coolest thing. She said she is taking it to daycare tomorrow to show her teachers and her friends. Also one of the guys working the concessions stand gave her a free cookie and I thought that was a killer gesture. She loved. It felt great to donate for such a great cause and I hope the great news about Kennedy continues to come. I thought for a split second that it would be kinda cool to see if I could throw my 300C up on the Dino for shits and giggles but I figured not seeing as how I would have people point and laugh at my grocery getter! All in all it was a fun time and it sounds to be a total success.

Thanks for a fun car show!

That's awesome that you both had a good time! If the guy that gave her the cookie had a goat tee, a ford hat, and a dark blue brewers shirt on, that was me. Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk with alot of people due to working the show. Next time! I think you should've thrown the car on the dyno, why not? Nobody could have laughed because at least yours would've been up there! We only had a few cars go up for the dyno, I was hoping for a few more but I'm happy we at least had a few.

Thanks Flicktitty and Lizmo for posting some pics! Thanks for coming out and thanks for the donations guys, I really appreciate it. Again, I apologize for not being able to do more hanging out and getting to know everybody a little more.

Waver
08-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Looks like it was an awesome show! wish I could of went!

crazyhorse
08-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Jason you out did yourself I think. Like I said yesterday I had a blast. Now you can focus on your next big event in a few weeks! It was great meeting new people and checking out all the nice cars.
Nix- sorry for scaring your girl. Ill try to keep the "monsterstang" quiet next time :)

JRink
08-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Had fun.... Met a couple of new BCMers and others I haven't seen in ages. Thanks for putting on the show.
Jesse

73MACH
08-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Thanks again guys.

Here's the BCMers that were generous enough to donate items for raffles and silent auctions. You guys went above and beyond.

-Of course there's everybody at LMT
-Greg(Lordairgtar) for the music and MC
-Marv at C&M Performance
-Flicktitty and Lizmo at Axis Racing
-Mr. Rev. Cooper
-03Mach1
-Yoosof with CMG Detailing
-Don(Bikedad) with Joe Wilde Garage Doors (I love the car btw.)
-And I'm sure there are others that I'm missing.

And also all the BCMers that came and bought food or raffle tickest or just put money into the donation bucket.....you all donated and that's awesome and we can't thank you enough. I still haven't had a chance to get the pictures but I will.
-
-

Nix
08-06-2013, 01:08 AM
That's awesome that you both had a good time! If the guy that gave her the cookie had a goat tee, a ford hat, and a dark blue brewers shirt on, that was me. Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk with alot of people due to working the show. Next time! I think you should've thrown the car on the dyno, why not? Nobody could have laughed because at least yours would've been up there!

Yes sir I do believe it was you if memory serves me correctly. I was the tall guy with the green button up Brewers jersey (Sweet Lord do they suck major ass) I think it may have also been you with the grape juice she asked for and also she asked for condiments before the hamburger. Maybe if LMT has another show perhaps I'd throw my grocery getter on the dyno. Even though I had no idea it was you it was nice meeting you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Nix
08-06-2013, 01:13 AM
Nix- sorry for scaring your girl. Ill try to keep the "monsterstang" quiet next time :)

The red with white strips one, correct? She pouted for no more than a minute. When we got home she told my wife all about the loud "monsterstang" that was in the dark room. Ha ha!

I think you need to order some new personalized plates. "MnstrGT" or something to that effect. For what it's worth it sounded great. Mind saying what it put down?

bikedad
08-06-2013, 08:04 AM
Had a very nice time at the show. I was there early on my way back from Cars and Coffee Lake Mills and didn't stick around real long. My brother and I had planned a bike ride.
I returned at 3:00pm with my wife. She had a nice long conversation with (? Kennedy's mother) I think she's donating a nice item from Joe Wilde at the next fundraiser. (I'll let everyone know when I know if it's finalized)
I think I was the only car that went on the dyno. (373HP/398Torque) I was hoping for 400HP but I think I'm leaving some on the table. AFR was lean at WOT. I think I need to up the jet size on the secondaries. I might start looking into supercharging it next.
Let us know when the next event is.

-Don

crazyhorse
08-06-2013, 12:38 PM
The red with white strips one, correct? She pouted for no more than a minute. When we got home she told my wife all about the loud "monsterstang" that was in the dark room. Ha ha!

I think you need to order some new personalized plates. "MnstrGT" or something to that effect. For what it's worth it sounded great. Mind saying what it put down?

I went 288hp/301tq. Guess I better start saving for some go fast mods :)

Nix
08-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Gotcha, those numbers sound good. Obviously depending on your current setup. Perhaps next time I'll join ya on the dyno with the family truckster.

BigSnailBuick
08-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Was a great show, lots of nice cars! Glad to see almost 3k go to Kennedy! Special thanks to the guy who sold me two double hamburgers for a few bucks at the end, they were delicious :P

73MACH
08-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Yes sir I do believe it was you if memory serves me correctly. I was the tall guy with the green button up Brewers jersey (Sweet Lord do they suck major ass) I think it may have also been you with the grape juice she asked for and also she asked for condiments before the hamburger. Maybe if LMT has another show perhaps I'd throw my grocery getter on the dyno. Even though I had no idea it was you it was nice meeting you.

Yup, that was me.

Had a very nice time at the show. I was there early on my way back from Cars and Coffee Lake Mills and didn't stick around real long. My brother and I had planned a bike ride.
I returned at 3:00pm with my wife. She had a nice long conversation with (? Kennedy's mother) I think she's donating a nice item from Joe Wilde at the next fundraiser. (I'll let everyone know when I know if it's finalized)
I think I was the only car that went on the dyno. (373HP/398Torque) I was hoping for 400HP but I think I'm leaving some on the table. AFR was lean at WOT. I think I need to up the jet size on the secondaries. I might start looking into supercharging it next.
Let us know when the next event is.

-Don

Thanks Don and I will deffinately post up the next fundraiser for everyone. Kennedy's mom's name is Jennifer.

Was a great show, lots of nice cars! Glad to see almost 3k go to Kennedy! Special thanks to the guy who sold me two double hamburgers for a few bucks at the end, they were delicious :P

That was my step dad, Jeff, and myself. Glad you enjoyed them! Maybe next time we will have some cheese for the burgers....

Reverend Cooper
08-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Looks like it was a great time. I'm glad it turned out so awesome.I wish I could have been there