PDA

View Full Version : F-Body Fall Cruise 2004

DamonZ28
09-23-2004, 10:43 PM
Planning has started for the 2004 Fall Cruise on October 16. As usual, we'll start at Edwards Apple Orchard near Poplar Grove, IL. Then we'll have lunch at Lake Le-Aqua-Na State Park near Lena, IL. Then we'll cruise up toward Madison, WI, and end up again at Hooters in Janesville, WI. We'll use basically the same route as last year, except I do plan on making the cruise a bit shorter since it tends to get a little long and people start getting tired toward the end. We'll be taking things at a leisurely pace this time, in response to concerns with the spring cruise. We can still enjoy the cruise safely, without pushing the limits. We've got the ball rolling on some great prizes again this year, and I think this will be a very enjoyable cruise for everyone. See the Fall Cruise Website (http://www.fallcruise.org) for more info.

For those who don't already know, the cruise is f-body only, to keep the numbers at a reasonable level. There are usually about 30-40 cars at each cruise.

PonyKiller87
09-24-2004, 08:29 AM
That sounds cool as hell. If its decent weather and my car is running good, I thing I will go.

PHDcamaro
09-26-2004, 12:29 PM
can anybody with an F-Body go???

DamonZ28
09-26-2004, 04:32 PM
can anybody with an F-Body go???

Yes, you don't have to be a member of any club.

Knyghtmare
09-26-2004, 05:14 PM
God damn I want to go on this. I need my car running.

Wannarace62188
09-26-2004, 09:53 PM
see man this is where this forum is ghay... o u dont have a f-body so u cant go... why dont u do like a sign up sheet or something with certain amount of ppl. that would be better. i cant participate in nething. i think this is ******* gahy

Scales
09-27-2004, 12:22 AM
see man this is where this forum is ghay... o u dont have a f-body so u cant go... why dont u do like a sign up sheet or something with certain amount of ppl. that would be better. i cant participate in nething. i think this is ******* gahy

Sell the Ford and buy a F-Bod... Problem solved! :thumbsup

You joined a fourm dominated by probably 80% F-bodys. You have to kinda expect this sort of thing. I mean seeing as it used to be MFBA... :cool2:

Wannarace62188
09-27-2004, 07:51 PM
i would love to do that but with only $500 in the bank and i dont know how much i can get for the ford... so that is a prob. i didnt buy this car i got it for free... and besides i want a camaro

Yooformula
09-27-2004, 08:16 PM

Are you kidding me????What are you 10? Jebus f@cking sh|t......

1.The cruises are set up by Damon PERSONALLY. He extends an invite to those fbody owners here because most of us used to go on these cruises and still do from back when we frequented another fbody board.

2.Read the webiste he listed and you will see that the cruise has been an event strictly for fbodies for some 5-6 years now so please keep the insulting rude comments to yourself.

Your frustrations maybe valid but b|tching about it causes them to fall on deaf ears.

T-Bag
10-02-2004, 01:00 PM
There's another cruise going on that day as well...maybe we'll run into you guys? It's an intersite cruise with Midwestmustang association and brew city street machines.

02hawk796
10-03-2004, 12:04 PM
So, Tyler. Is it a secret?
Didn't see any posting anywhere on bcsm, even under the Events forum.
When?
where start?
where end?
where in between?
how much $?
how many miles?
who invited?
are fast cars allowed, like F-Bodies?
is it posted somewhere?
is the route posted somewhere?

b4mytm
10-03-2004, 03:28 PM
When?
where start?
where end?
where in between?
how much $?
how many miles?
who invited?
is it posted somewhere?
is the route posted somewhere?

Wow....lots of questions
It will be Sat. Oct.16.

We are still working out details(or I should say Greg has been..thanks Greg).

We are planning on doing a picnic/BBQ.

since it's an intersite cruise,I would think anyone who goes on either BCSM or MMA is invited....BCM members are also invited.

Not sure I understand your question about fast cars being ALLOWED.There are plenty of fast cars on both BCSM and MMA.I don't see what being fast has to do with doing a cruise and picnic.

Yes it is posted on BCSM,just hasn't had any action for awhile,since the details are still being worked out.

We didn't plan our cruise on the date of the F-body cruise on purpose,it was just the only available date for some of us.

Don't tell too many people about it though,because it's a big secret,lol :banana

Yooformula
10-03-2004, 05:36 PM

I like fbods as much as the next guy but is this for real? :wooo

T-Bag
10-03-2004, 05:49 PM

I don't know if I should take offense to this comment or not. I stated two sites, midwestmustang association and brew city street machines, both sites have fast cars. Are you saying these cars are not fast? Are you saying your WS6 is god like compared to most of these other cars?

I just don't get it. I think my talon is laughing right now actually

b4mytm
10-03-2004, 05:59 PM

This question was the most interesting of all of them.I wasn't quite sure if it was just me taking it wrong...guess not.

Memphis
10-03-2004, 07:43 PM
Ok, I own an F-body and also some older GM cars.
1. If there was a Ford cruise or fast ford days somewhere, I would not be offended that I cannot bring my car. Everyone has their day and time.
2.Also, although I like the 'speed' I can run with my "f-body", never would I asume that its the fastest thing out there...regardless of ANY make or model. Even if I were so blinded as to actually believe that it was gods gift to the highway, I would not go and knock anyone who enjoys running their car...fast or slow.

PS The BCSM cruise is open to anyone who appreciates nice cars and friendly people. You don't need a show car, a cool car...OR a fast car to come along.

BadAzzGTA89
10-03-2004, 08:04 PM
I would go but untill i find a "good" place to get a coulm from im out (In need of a Vat style coulm 89 to 92?)
It's a damm shame cause i gotta support the GTA!!

DamonZ28
10-12-2004, 11:23 AM
The Fall Cruise website has been updated, to show the current route directions and maps. Some of the mileage is missing from the directions, since I forgot to calculate mileages when I was scouting for the cruise last Saturday. A zip file is also available to download the maps, and a map is also available to download into Microsoft Streets & Trips if you want to follow along with a GPS and laptop or Pocket PC.

Fall Cruise Website (http://www.fallcruise.org)

DamonZ28
10-15-2004, 07:21 PM
Despite the threat of rain and very cool weather tomorrow, I'm going to go ahead with the cruise tomorrow. We may see patches of rain, but I don't think it'll rain too much. If you don't want your car to get wet, you probably don't want to come. We will drive very carefully if it's raining or the road is wet. If you plan to come, please consider all possible dangers. If anyone does not feel comfortable at a certain speed in inclement weather, we will drive accordingly. We will put safety above everything else. However, I think there will still be plenty of opportunity for some fun driving! :burnout