PDA

View Full Version : dealership has had my car for 3 weeks. what can I do?

LEWETHETIGER73
06-17-2013, 10:01 PM
So to clarify ( it is my parents car) They have a Ford Escape that had an a/c issue. It is covered by their extended warranty but it will be 3 weeks this thursday. The dealership did give them a rental but it is a toyota camry and my Dad is waiting to get a hip surgery. So it is really painfull to keep getting in and out. The rental is free but they need something with a hitch and nothing has been made available yet. The dealership is amato in mukwonago. I recomended they contact the managers boss, the bbb, and Katrina to get something done. Any ideas of what might work? And the reason they claim it hasn't been fixed is there are no parts anywhere for it.

95mustang302
06-17-2013, 10:31 PM
I would start making phone calls and if you don't get the answer you want, go to the dealership. At this point its creating a health issue and there absolutely NO reason the car should be out for 3 weeks even if they had to replace the entire AC system.

73MACH
06-18-2013, 12:24 AM
When I recently had problems with a local dealership, I contacted the BBB, posted on numerous ford forums about the problems I was having, and then forwarded the links to the forums right to the dealership to the ATTN: of the president....within a day or two, the president was tripping over himself to correct the problem. IMO, if there are no parts available, they never should have taken the car in or taken it apart until they had some in hand.

I would think at the very least that they would give them a different loaner that fits the needs of your father, especially if there is a health issue.

Hope this helps and good luck.

blackmage
06-18-2013, 07:29 AM
They really need to just go in there and talk with them if they havn't already, demand the Service Manager, and if that's not working, move up the ladder to the General Manager and owner. Don't just stop at the service writer or parts counter person. If they have already talked with everyone in the dealership and they have done nothing to move the situation along, I would then contact another dealership to come and tow that thing out of there.

Waver
06-18-2013, 09:25 AM
I don't know if you have tried this, however you should be able to exchange the rental for something that would work better. Just explain the situation. As far as the dealership not being able to get the work done as quick as you would like, unfortunately it happens. I don't mean to sound cold, however things like suppliers, recalls, or common warranty items can take a little longer to get done. Believe me, the dealership really doesn't want a car sitting on their lot for service for more than a few weeks, as their service department is driven by numbers too.

Russ Jerome
06-18-2013, 10:29 PM
They have a Ford Escape that had an a/c issue.

Escapes where stuck in dealerships when the 05/06 era models started smoking ECM's, they used everyone for warranty repairs. The next big screw up was tone rings on front CV axles for ABS codes, again so many failed so quickly they ran out of parts. When (if) they get the car back I would "escape" from the Escape, mass produced cars before Ford picked up on there quality, I actualy like some of the newer Fords now but Escapes are the weak link.

spooln30
06-18-2013, 11:27 PM
Yep, ECUs and coil packs usually go out together. That's why their nickname is Ford Mistake

73MACH
06-18-2013, 11:46 PM
I raplaced the tone rings on my wifes escape a few years ago also.

wikked
06-19-2013, 02:02 AM
One of our best mechanics just transferred to the Mukwonago store last month, I'll ask him tomorrow what the deal is.

LEWETHETIGER73
06-19-2013, 05:38 AM
thanks for the help. We talked to the manager there and he is less then helpful. So a lot of phone calls were made and then they called back saying 3-4 days. So we will see if they are telling the truth. Thanks

michelle
06-19-2013, 06:12 AM
Can you have the vehicle transferred to a different dealership?

blackmage
06-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Michelle, yes you can. If they have performed work though, you still have to pay the dealership that currently has it for the work they did. I'm not sure how warranty works, but you can basically grab your car and take it from the dealership at any time.

Reverend Cooper
06-19-2013, 08:06 PM
you dont have any leg to stand on sorry,if they cant get parts you should call the manufaturer not the dealer.it sucks just as bad on their end haveing to get bitched at by you when they cant get the parts to fix it,or yeah take it to another dealer and let them start all over and wait 3-6 more weeks

Waver
06-19-2013, 08:25 PM
you dont have any leg to stand on sorry,if they cant get parts you should call the manufaturer not the dealer.it sucks just as bad on their end haveing to get bitched at by you when they cant get the parts to fix it,or yeah take it to another dealer and let them start all over and wait 3-6 more weeks

Spoken for truth....

Reverend Cooper
06-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Oh yeah make sure you go in there and demand the service manager and the general manager,because they will go in the back room and shit your parts out too.Then that will make you be that guy that comes in,and im sure they will go outta their way later to help you next time you have a issue.
hears a novel idea why not go on a fact finding mission and ask what is going on and if you can help rectify the situation by making some calls to the manufacturer,try no not be a ass and they may actually see that and go outta the way to help,or be a tool and they can flip you your keys and say have a nice day.

Reverend Cooper
06-19-2013, 08:58 PM
just sayin but hey wtf do i know right

Waver
06-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Lol

JOHN 86GT
06-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Can you pick up the vehicle until the parts come in. Has not been that hot out for A/C.

Is it under the "Amato " warranty or Ford?

LEWETHETIGER73
06-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Amazingly enough we got the car back today. I called a few other dealerships that my company uses. They all had the parts. I think there was human error involved. We did keep a level and calm head when dealing with the manager, but we did let our frustration known. But it is done know and hopefully we wont go back anytime soon. Thanks again!

73MACH
06-19-2013, 10:37 PM
Good to hear!!

blackmage
06-19-2013, 10:41 PM
just sayin but hey wtf do i know right

Saw this on another forum, was this you?

"Anybody know anyone with a Blue Roush in Waukesha/Milwaukee area? I just whooped him on Fathers day? I dont think he even knew what I was driving cause he asked how much HP my car had.

wikked
06-20-2013, 12:16 AM
I think there was human error involved.

It's Amato, there's always human error involved.

Reverend Cooper
06-20-2013, 05:39 AM
Saw this on another forum, was this you?

"Anybody know anyone with a Blue Roush in Waukesha/Milwaukee area? I just whooped him on Fathers day? I dont think he even knew what I was driving cause he asked how much HP my car had.