PDA

View Full Version : Street Outlaws on Discovery

Lash
06-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Anybody watch this? It about the street racers in Oklahoma City (midweststreetcars.com). Original air date is 6/10/13. Do these guys really think they have THE fastest street cars in the world?? They are definitely quick cars but I really don't see them being any different than any other city.

BOSS LX
06-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Some of the cars on the "list" are no joke and are very well known street racers. Hard to beat the on street action from both Oklahoma and Texas.

BAD LS1
06-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Watched this too, if you can get past some of the commentary like "fastest shit on the planet", pretty cool stuff to watch! Better than pinks if you ask me!

" A street car to us is something that you have the balls to actually take out and race on the street" was one the of the memorable quotes

73MACH
06-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Watched this too, if you can get past some of the commentary like "fastest shit on the planet", pretty cool stuff to watch! Better than pinks if you ask me!

" A street car to us is something that you have the balls to actually take out and race on the street" was one the of the memorable quotes

I agree 100%!!!

outlawgibbs
06-17-2013, 05:44 PM
I saw it today. I agree with the fact they are no different then others around but im sure there is some fast shit. I enjoyed it tho and look forward to seeing it again.

Nickerz
06-17-2013, 09:40 PM
I saw it today. I agree with the fact they are no different then others around but im sure there is some fast shit. I enjoyed it tho and look forward to seeing it again.

Really disappointed there were people dumb enough to let them shoot this. Just pray it never becomes popular, because the moment it does there will be a thousand new laws to crack down on it. Street racing laws are in some places much more strict than they are here, and I can see with a national show the nation trending towards zero tolerance asset forfeiture. This show isn't worth losing your car on HWY 100.

GTSLOW
06-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Really disappointed there were people dumb enough to let them shoot this. Just pray it never becomes popular, because the moment it does there will be a thousand new laws to crack down on it. Street racing laws are in some places much more strict than they are here, and I can see with a national show the nation trending towards zero tolerance asset forfeiture. This show isn't worth losing your car on HWY 100.

When I was stationed in CA I knew a kid that lost his T/A. Thank god it was a POS LT1.

Nickerz
06-18-2013, 01:33 AM
When I was stationed in CA I knew a kid that lost his T/A. Thank god it was a POS LT1.

Exactly. I've never heard of that in WI, but now that this stuff is on TV I worry. All it takes is the wrong person seeing this, or their kid watching it in front of them talking about getting a 1000hp Mustang and bam it's on the floor getting voted on. Give it some cute name like SAVE "Streetracing Action Vehicle Enforcement." "If we SAVE just one life from these reckless maniacs, we'll have succeeded."

jbiscuit
06-18-2013, 06:44 AM
The show is pretty good or at least entertaining to watch. Cars like Murder Nova and the Farmtruck have been around for years. I have to give them credit, usually shows about hardcore street racing involve 14 second cars. All these move out real well! And remember folks, hollywood is involved. Even tho the show might be about "street racing" doesn't mean they are really street racing. This could be all set up, closed down road for filming, police OK, ambulance just off camera etc etc

Irish
06-18-2013, 07:27 AM
Even tho the show might be about "street racing" doesn't mean they are really street racing. This could be all set up, closed down road for filming, police OK, ambulance just off camera etc etc

^^^^ This! The cars and people are real. The show is a setup/fake. I'll still watch it though!

Waver
06-18-2013, 09:29 AM
^^^^ This! The cars and people are real. The show is a setup/fake. I'll still watch it though!

Agreed. While watching it yesterday, I recognized a few of the people (like chief who was the negotiator on pinks. He had that black fox body with the chevy engine that just kicked the crap out of a civic) as well as the cars (the Nova and the farm truck). They have to add drama to it, so I am willing to bet that 90% of the conflict outside of the races and negotiations are a bunch of bull shit. I did notice that it was ironic that the cops just happened to show up after they did their test hits, and were no where to be found when the actual racing was going on.

Rocket Power
06-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Seemed like the srreet they were racing on was a little extra well lit. Moreso than the roads near it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

73MACH
06-18-2013, 03:10 PM
I noticed in the race at the "private airport" that they had those big ass lights that the road crews use on the freeways for third shift work......who the hell has the money or access to rent 10-12 of those for a few hours of racing???? Hollywood deffinately has a role in this show with out a doubt.

-stew-
06-18-2013, 03:56 PM
.who the hell has the money or access to rent 10-12 of those for a few hours of racing????

the discovery channel.

spooln30
06-18-2013, 11:34 PM
This show is faked and it's lame! Show some road racing and I'll be interested, street racing not at all. When I first seen the shows title I though it was going to be another fake ass biker show. I'd much rather watch Counting Cars.

73MACH
06-18-2013, 11:44 PM
the discovery channel.

Yup! That's about it. Regardless, it's still something I'll DVR to watch on a rainy day.