PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, My family is in need of some help.

73MACH
06-13-2013, 11:41 PM
http://www.cotaforkennedyk.com/sites/default/files/kennedyflyer.pdf

http://www.cotaforkennedyk.com/sites/default/files/CaringForKennedy[1].pdf

http://www.cotaforkennedyk.com/sites/default/files/Roberts%20Fundraiser%20Flyer.pdf

I am posting this with the hopes that my fellow BCM'ers will show their true generosity. My mother asked me to pass this on to as many people as I can so I figured I would do it here first. We are asking for donations of money or items that can be raffled off. As I get more info, I will post it. This is what they have set up at the moment. This is my 3 year old cousin that is need of this transplant. Kennedy is having her remaining kidney removed in early july and if the biopsy reveals that there is no cancer, then my cousin Jennifer(Kennedy's mother) will be donating her kidney. However, if it shows that it has a cancer gene, then she has to be put on dialasis (sp?) 24/7 and cannot receive the transplant until she is cancer free for 2 years. It's terrible and heartbreaking to see Kennedy have to go through this but worst of all is the fact that she doesn't know what it's like to live like a normal kid without being hooked up to a machine or to not see a doctor or surgeon for more than a couple of days.. There isn't much I can personally do but to pass this on and ask for any help possible.

The COTA website has some of the different activities and events listed on it, I have posted a link to the site below. We will be holding raffles to win prizes at each of the events. Just click on the Activities and Events area on the website to find out even more details.

My sister has coordinated with Robert's Frozen Custard in Germantown to donate 10% of their proceeds on July 29th, 3:00-8:00pm. It would be awesome to get some muscle cars out there and their owners to show their support, hangout, and eat some good burgers and ice cream.

My mother has set up a benefit motorcycle ride and poker run out of Sloppy Joe's in hubertus for those of you with bikes. That date is Sept. 21.

If you do have something you would like to donate and cannot make it to one of the benefits, feel free to pm me and I will make arrangements to pick it up.

At this time, over $12,000 has been raised since april which is great, but unfortunately, between $75,000-$100,000 of the $500,000+ cost of the transplant will not be covered by Jennifer's(Kennedy's mother) insurance. This is where we come in.

I am currently having problems posting the PDF files of the benefit flyers we had made up so I will just post the info that I can for the moment. Please check out the facebook page or the COTA website for more details. There are links to both sites at the bottom of this post.

Here is the link for Kennedy's Children's Organ Transplant Association(COTA) web page.
http://cota.donorpages.com/PatientOnlineDonation/COTAforKennedyK/

Please follow our Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/CaringForKennedy

awsomeears
06-13-2013, 11:47 PM
BCM has helped out in the past, I have taken part in donations and what not, your best bet is to put in a Ton of effort on your side and setup a car show somewhere. Get it all dialed in and have door prizes and food and what not. advertise it as a benefit and go from there. Just a idea ?

Not sure where you can hold the car show but think out of the box, bring a propane grill buy a 100 hot dogs sell them for $1 a piece and make money that way....

73MACH
06-14-2013, 12:30 AM
My family has some stuff set up already. I am currently having a problem pasting the pdf's of the flyers right now. I'm going to keep trying to figure it out tonight yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the advice!

nismodave
06-14-2013, 07:29 AM
Post Up the PDFs when u can with details, I will spread the word.

Irish
06-14-2013, 07:38 AM
If there is anything you need bro!!!!

stenchmiester
06-14-2013, 10:10 PM
This site has helped me before and I will do anything too help others jason setup a donation site on giveitforward.com

stenchmiester
06-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Www.giveforward.com

73MACH
06-15-2013, 01:58 AM
Post Up the PDFs when u can with details, I will spread the word.

I'm going crazy with not being able to post these damn pdf's, so in the meantime, I posted the websites to start. My family really appreciates it Dave!!!

This site has helped me before and I will do anything too help others jason setup a donation site on giveitforward.com

Thanks Eric, I will pass this site on to my mother as she is on the benefit committee.

If there is anything you need bro!!!!

Josh, if you could possibly see if you can get some of you stores to donate a gift card or something of the sort, that would be outstanding! I'll talk to you more about it tomorrow.

Thanks guys for your input, advice, and concern.

Waver
06-15-2013, 08:38 AM
I will spread the word around work and see if there is anything we can do.

73MACH
06-15-2013, 09:15 AM
I would really appreciate that, Nick!! Even the small things go a long ways when it comes down to it.

Reverend Cooper
06-15-2013, 06:30 PM
i can contribute let me know

crazyhorse
06-15-2013, 10:37 PM
I'd be down for a car show fundraiser.

73MACH
06-16-2013, 02:07 AM
Thanks Coop and crazyhorse, Anything you can do to help. Any moneys will be put into the COTA fund which is strictly for medical bills only. Any items or services donated will be for the raffles or silent auctions so there is no questions as to what happens to the proceeds afterwards....it all goes directly to medical bills and nothing else. I'll be honest.....I'm a little gun shy about running an actual car show as I know how serious some people can be about the trophies as opposed to what it's actually for and I've never been part of running one.

If I can get some help from people who have some experience in doing so, then I'm all for it! Coop, maybe that is something you would be interested in helping out with organizing??? I will send a pm to lordairgtar to see if maybe he can donate time to DJ that if it happens. I would also need to find a venue to do it at.....maybe LMT could help with that????

In the meantime, I'm going to hit up every store in southridge(across the street from me)and other businesses in my area to see about gift cards or anything else that can be helpful.

My mom told that there has been stuff like a 1/2 barrel, 92 piece wing party, barbiere's pizzas, many gift cards for a variety of stores, 4 piece door lock sets, spring or fall clean ups for lawns by my buddy Nick from Nick's lawn service, tools, printing of the fliers and other things that I currently can't remember at the moment and hopefully the list will keep growing.

Seriously guys, my family and I REALLY appreciate the concern and care that has already been shown. I will keep updating everything that I find out as it comes in.

Reverend Cooper
06-16-2013, 07:14 AM
please let me know,i would probably be able to get some items for raffle for sure that would be all blue oval

stenchmiester
06-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Jason a good friend od my family jeff is the ride coordinator for the sept 21 ride I will be there

73MACH
06-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Jason a good friend od my family jeff is the ride coordinator for the sept 21 ride I will be there

Would that happen to be Jeff Hyvonen??? That's my mom's boyfriend of many years,.......Small world!!!

Coop, Blue Oval FTW!!! lol, thanks man. I will keep you posted.

stenchmiester
06-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Yes jason that is correct

Waver
06-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Drop off some flyers for your event at my work and I will post them up around the store.

73MACH
06-16-2013, 10:43 PM
Drop off some flyers for your event at my work and I will post them up around the store.

Thanks Nick! I will get them over to you Tues. or Wed. What times do you work?

Waver
06-17-2013, 10:11 AM
Do you still have my number? It would probably be best to give me a call.

73MACH
06-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Do you still have my number? It would probably be best to give me a call.

I do not unfortunately, you have mine or you can pm me yours and I'll get a hold of you.

I want to send a huge special thank you to Marv at C&M Performance for donating an Xcal 3 tuner for one of the raffles or silent auction!!! That is awesome!! Thanks again, Marv!!!!!

Reverend Cooper
06-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Marv mentioned he was going to do this for you,he has a heart the size of a bear. lol

73MACH
06-18-2013, 12:33 AM
That really made my day when I saw that email from him. I also have a few other things in the works at the moment but will wait to post it up until it is closer to being finalized. I'm really taken back by the generosity of some of you guys in such a short period of time. It's pretty damn humbling.

stenchmiester
06-18-2013, 09:23 AM
Jason although I don't have my ownbllc I do run my side business and would be willing to donate a gift of a snowblower tune up and lawn mower tune up I know many members on here can vouch for my work let me know and ill make up a gift cert

Korndogg
06-18-2013, 09:30 AM
I really wish I could help. I hate seeing things like this happen but I'm sort of in a pickle at the moment myself with a surgery today and medical bills and all of that. If I can think of something I can donate or if I can squeeze a couple bucks when my stuff is over I'll shoot you a message.

Irish
06-18-2013, 02:08 PM
I don't have a business but I will donate some cash or a bottle fill!

73MACH
06-18-2013, 03:04 PM
Jason although I don't have my ownbllc I do run my side business and would be willing to donate a gift of a snowblower tune up and lawn mower tune up I know many members on here can vouch for my work let me know and ill make up a gift cert

I can vouch for you as well since my ice auger is still rocking!!! That would be awesome if you could do that, Eric. Thanks a ton!

I really wish I could help. I hate seeing things like this happen but I'm sort of in a pickle at the moment myself with a surgery today and medical bills and all of that. If I can think of something I can donate or if I can squeeze a couple bucks when my stuff is over I'll shoot you a message.

That's your call, but take care of your needs first and don't overextend yourself. I you choose to do so, let me know! Thanks

I don't have a business but I will donate some cash or a bottle fill!

Irish, you know I'm not going to turn down anything for this. Whatever you can do to help is appreciated bro.

73MACH
06-18-2013, 09:30 PM
I just got a call from my mom saying that my cousins Jennifer and Eric(Kennedy's parents) are being interviewed for tonight's 10 oclock news on ch. 58 if anyone wants to check it out. I will post a link when they put it on their website for those who missed it.

73MACH
06-19-2013, 12:13 AM
http://www.cbs58.com/news/local-news/Mother-to-donate-kidney-to-her-three-year-old-daughter-212089721.html

Here is the link to the interview with Kennedy and her parents for those of you that missed it. She is such a sweetheart.

Irish will also be posting up the fliers for me since I'm still having troubles with that.

Thanks for your time,

Jason

bikedad
06-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Replied to your PM Jason.
Let me know how to proceed.

73MACH
06-21-2013, 01:02 PM
I just want to send a big thank you from my family to all of you that have opened their hearts to help so far! So to mrz28M6, Bikedad, Yoosof, Slowc5, lordairgtar, waver, Coop, Marv, and stench, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

STANMAN
06-21-2013, 02:23 PM
PM'ed.

73MACH
06-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Answered, Thanks Stanman!!!

73MACH
06-25-2013, 12:56 PM
FINALLY got the fliers posted in the first post.......

lordairgtar
06-25-2013, 06:35 PM
I'm still available for DJing. Would you need me at Robert's on July 29th?

73MACH
06-25-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm still available for DJing. Would you need me at Robert's on July 29th?

PM'ed you.

73MACH
06-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Hey, I just want to get it out there that I now have a benefit car show set up at Late Model Throttle on Aug. 4th from 10am-5pm. There is no cost to come, but we are asking for donations to Kennedy. There will be a few silent auctions for dyno runs for those who want to help the cause and also showcase what their car can do for all to see and drool over.:drool::drool: There will be a limited amount of these available, so don't be afraid to open that wallet. Remember, this is all going to a good cause for a 3 year old. We will also have raffles for things like an SCT tuner, Details from Yoosof, and much much more. There will also be food and beverages.

Please pass the word on to people with cars and people without cars and please try to make it to show your support. I will start another thread on this as soon as I finalize a few more things.

If you have something you would like to donate towards the raffles, please let me know.

I also want to point out that I pasted the links to the fliers in the first post of this thread.

Thanks for your time, guys!!!!!

And a huge thanks to LMT and others that have offered donations and time. Nothing was possible without the help!

Jason

Also, if you want to volunteer to help out the day of the event, pm me.

xxtremeteam
06-26-2013, 08:11 AM
73mach so are people also bringing cars down to Roberts on July 29/ I have off and was planning to swing on out, I have to work the day of the show you are planning

73MACH
06-26-2013, 10:25 AM
73mach so are people also bringing cars down to Roberts on July 29/ I have off and was planning to swing on out, I have to work the day of the show you are planning

The Robert's event is not an actual car show. It was just a night that Robert's was willing to donate some of their proceeds to Kennedy. I just suggested that if people could bring their cars down to show their support with the hopes that people or families driving past will maybe see the cars and amount of people and stop to see what's going on. You can bring whatever you would like.