PDA

View Full Version : Bill to Provide for Single License Plate Introduced in Wisconsin

TransAm12sec
06-04-2013, 12:56 PM
SEMA e-mail

http://www.semasan.com/page.asp?content=aa_2013WI2&g=SEMAGA

Bill to Provide for Single License Plate Introduced in Wisconsin

Legislation (S.B. 204) has been introduced in Wisconsin to require that motor vehicles display only a single license plate on the rear of the vehicle. The bill has been referred to the Senate Transportation, Public Safety, and Veterans and Military Affairs Committee for consideration.
We Urge You to Contact Members of the Transportation, Public Safety, and Veterans and Military Affairs Committee(Contact Info Below) Immediately to Request Support for S.B. 204

S.B. 204 would save money, conserve resources and bring Wisconsin in line with other states that have moved to a single plate requirement.

S.B. 204 would protect the design contours of collector cars and relieve vehicle owners of the burden of having to create mounting holes on some fabricated and original bumpers.

DON’T DELAY! Please contact members of the Senate Transportation, Public Safety, and Veterans and Military Affairs Committeeimmediately by phone or e-mail to request their support for S.B. 204. Please e-mail a copy of your letter to Steve McDonald at stevem@sema.org. Also, please forward this Alert to your fellow car enthusiasts. Urge them to join the SAN and help defend the hobby! Thank you for your assistance.
Wisconsin Senate Transportation, Public Safety, and Veterans and Military Affairs Committee

To e-mail all Committee members, copy and paste the email address block below:

Sen.Petrowski@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.Leibham@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.Cowles@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.Carpenter@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.Hansen@legis.wisconsin.gov

Senator Jerry Petrowski (Chair)
Phone: (608) 266-2502
Email: Sen.Petrowski@legis.wisconsin.gov

Senator Joseph Leibham (Vice-Chair)
Phone: (608) 266-2056
Email: Sen.Leibham@legis.wisconsin.gov

Senator Robert Cowles
Phone: (608) 266-0484
Email: Sen.Cowles@legis.wisconsin.gov

Senator Tim Carpenter
Phone: (608) 266-8535
Email: Sen.Carpenter@legis.wisconsin.gov

Senator Dave Hansen
Phone: (608) 266-5670
Email: Sen.Hansen@legis.wisconsin.gov

Flicktitty
06-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Is this new? or is this just a retry of the one that was proposed a few years ago?

Irish
06-04-2013, 01:29 PM
It would be nice if it passes.

bikedad
06-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Already contacted the reps.

Just FYI for everyone else, you should consider joining SEMA SAN. It's free.
They stay on top of the regulations that affect our hobbies and bring them to the forefront so they can be acted upon before it's too late.
If you like their Facebook page they have car events that you can attend.

http://www.semasan.com/semaga/signup.asp?g=semaga

TransAm12sec
06-04-2013, 04:40 PM
I received an e-mail regarding it this afternoon; I haven't seen any other articles about it recently.

spooln30
06-04-2013, 08:57 PM
It won't and even if it were to the licence plate fees wouldn't go down. It's all about them making money. Fuckers.

95mustang302
06-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Its not about a smaller registration fee, its about having to drill holes in the front bumpers of my cars and about not destroying the look of the front of the car.

spooln30
06-06-2013, 01:15 AM
I understand that but it won't happen and I would be surprised if it did. It would be nice not having one in front for various reasons. I don't have one on the front of my Supra and in 2 years I haven't got pulled over for it. Jinks.

TransAm12sec
06-06-2013, 07:31 AM
I received another e-mail after contacting SEMA.

"SB 204 in Wisconsin is a new bill that was introduced this past Monday. Here is a link to the bill status page https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2013/proposals/sb204 and a link to the bill text itself in case you’re interested in reading it and following it https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2013/related/proposals/sb204.

As of right now the bill has no hearing scheduled, but if/when it does you can expect an email from the SAN letting you know. If you have any other questions about this bill feel free to email me back.

Thanks,
Bryan Harrison"

blackmage
06-06-2013, 07:40 AM
I understand that but it won't happen and I would be surprised if it did. It would be nice not having one in front for various reasons. I don't have one on the front of my Supra and in 2 years I haven't got pulled over for it. Jinks.

I said the same thing like 2 week ago, never had em on my mustangs, always got pulled over. Never put one on my audi wagon, and then i said something about enver getting pulled over for it, and boom, ticket. haha

spooln30
06-07-2013, 01:39 AM
^ Yeah I know. LOL.