PDA

View Full Version : Current Lake/River Water Levels?

BoosTT
06-03-2013, 03:11 PM
I am considering an house on Oconomowoc river and am attempting to determine if the river is deep enough to navigate an PWC to Fowler Lake. Right now the water level appears to be around 20”, which would be ok. But I am unsure if this is abnormally high, low, etc.

Does anyone know if the water level on area lakes and rivers is high right now?

Lash
06-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Probably.... But that whole part of the lake east of oakwood gets pretty caked up with weeds and lily pads in the summer. Probably gets even worse in the little channel by grove street. You never seem to see any boats or anything come from that area.

Lash
06-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Probably.... But that whole part of the lake east of oakwood gets pretty caked up with weeds and lily pads in the summer. Probably gets even worse in the little channel by grove street. You never seem to see any boats or anything come from that channel area where the river runs into fowler.

SSDude
06-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Talk to the neighbors

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

BoosTT
06-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Probably.... But that whole part of the lake east of oakwood gets pretty caked up with weeds and lily pads in the summer. Probably gets even worse in the little channel by grove street. You never seem to see any boats or anything come from that channel area where the river runs into fowler.
Thank you for this awesome info. The house is the closest one to grove street. I would need to go under the grove street bridge to get on fowler lake. Do you think this is possible with a pwc and maybe 17' pontoon? It's been too cold to take my pwcs out to check.

Thanks!!!

Lash
06-03-2013, 06:57 PM
I don't think you'd have a problem with the pwc. The pontoon I'm not sure. I've never been far enough back there to really check it out, and looking on the overhead image there doesn't seem to be many piers north of Grove St. I know they cut a channel through the lily pads to get back there, I'm just not sure how far.

Lash
06-03-2013, 07:04 PM
If it the one for sale on the north side of grove I think you might be ok depending on how high the bridge is. The channel the cut goes at least to that point for boats. Based on the pics that shorewest has of the house that's on grove the bridge looks pretty tight.

BoosTT
06-03-2013, 07:08 PM
I don't think you'd have a problem with the pwc. The pontoon I'm not sure. I've never been far enough back there to really check it out, and looking on the overhead image there doesn't seem to be many piers north of Grove St. I know they cut a channel through the lily pads to get back there, I'm just not sure how far.
Yes. The only house around it does not have a boat. Not sure if they didn't put it in yet though. Do you know how much the water level fluctuates? Do you live in the area or fish there? Looks like the city has two seaweed skimmers, I might need to inquire if they also trim the river. Thanks

BoosTT
06-03-2013, 07:13 PM
If it the one for sale on the north side of grove I think you might be ok depending on how high the bridge is. The channel the cut goes at least to that point for boats. Based on the pics that shorewest has of the house that's on grove the bridge looks pretty tight.
That's the house. Pier is about 80' north of the grove bridge. There's two different height grove bridges. The one by he cemetery is about 3' higher above the water line.

Thanks again!

Lash
06-03-2013, 07:13 PM
I've fished there enough lol. Dont go that far back too often because it gets overly weedy back there making it a pita to fish.I don't think the water fluctuates too much because the river flows in and the level is controlled by the dam that flows into lac la belle.
The more I look at the pics on shorewest the more I think a pontoon would suck to get under the bridge lol. Seems like there's maybe 4 feet at best from water to bottom of bridge.

BoosTT
06-03-2013, 07:19 PM
The other bridge is higher. No way you could fit a pontoon under the bridge in the pictures.

Lash
06-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Then it "should" be ok as long as you don't have a bimi top lol.

Reverend Cooper
06-04-2013, 08:20 PM
I just took a long coors beer piss in it last weekend,youll be fine

spooln30
06-04-2013, 08:53 PM
I was up north past Crivitz two weekends ago and the rivers up there were higher this year fue to the late winter. Expect the water level to go down as the summer goes by.