PDA

View Full Version : Gallery v1.4.4 Admins and server guys . . .

SMS 1
09-23-2004, 05:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having problems with Gallery v1.4.4 I keep getting errors with user logins other than admin.

Here is the error . . .

Warning: fopen(/home/aurigenm/.panel/web/gallery/albums/.users/userdb.dat.lock): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/aurigenm/.panel/web/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php on line 55
Error: Could not open lock file (/home/aurigenm/.panel/web/gallery/albums/.users/userdb.dat.lock)!

Is this a folder permissions issue or do I have a setting screwed up somewhere else? As you can tell I'm not really experienced with these galleries and folder permissions.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance -Ben

Silver350
09-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Only admins have permissions to log onto the gallery section. That log in is only for people that has permission to log on and add pictures. Witch is mostly Andy, Brandon, or yoosof. I dont think I have prives for it anymore.. I havent really tried seeing I havent been around to snap photo's of members rides.

Everyone has read access to the gallery.

Cryptic
09-23-2004, 06:59 PM
I havent figured out (if possible) how to get gallery to accept VBB logins.
Hense why I created the Garage section. It's specifically for the VBB.

I personally dont want to become a free host for everyone's pictures. That's why the gallery is moderated. I only want local rides in there. If you'd like something in the gallery, pics can be sent to crypticgtx@brewcitymuscle.com

It doesnt have to be pics of your car... I like pics of installations, how-to's, mods, things of that nature are cool :thumbsup

Like what I did with the RX7 photo's LINK (http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/gallery/MadTownRX-7)

Cryptic
09-23-2004, 07:06 PM
actually I think after reading your post over, your not trying to access BCM's gallery, but your own.

hit me up on aim or yahoo.. I can fix pretty much anything

SMS 1
09-23-2004, 07:08 PM
actually I think after reading your post over, your not trying to access BCM's gallery, but your own.

hit me up on aim or yahoo.. I can fix pretty much anything

Yes this is my own personal gellery, hence the reason I have not bugged you for server space here. Although it does seem a bit odd that I haven't (scratches head) anyway sounds good. These galleries just seem buggy as hell. I give a holla.

p.s.- disregard my other post when you find it :goof

SMS 1
09-23-2004, 07:11 PM
That is pretty cool with the mazda.

Hey ever thought about installing chat on the server?

Cryptic
09-23-2004, 07:17 PM
I'm willing to bet its permission related. Your "albums" directory and "tmp" directory should be either CHMOD'd to 777 (not recomended but works) or change ownership to APACHE (or whatever the username is for apache)

chown -r apache albums (the -r means recursive so all the files in the directory get changed too)

if you dont have shell access , you can do it through an FTP program
right mouse click the folder and look for an option to CHMOD to 777

Again permissions may not let you CHOWN (change owner) through FTP. It may have to be done as ROOT through shell. Depends what flavor your on.

Cryptic
09-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Hey ever thought about installing chat on the server?

Is there one you saw before that you liked? I'm not familiar with any nor have I looked.

SMS 1
09-23-2004, 07:46 PM
Not sure. I have x7 (I think :confused ) on mine and doesn't seem too horrible. I'll look around some.

SMS 1
09-23-2004, 09:56 PM
The server I'm on actually has v-deck access (which I think is part of the problem). Looks good so far though. I found one of the .dat.lock files was locked down to 600 :stare Opened it up to 755 and seems to be working ok so far :thumbsup Thanks for jump starting my brain :goof