PDA

View Full Version : Buying a house...FAST. Any recommendations?

The Shaolin
05-31-2013, 01:06 PM
Long story short, the wind and rain have totally destroyed the house I am renting the last two weeks. I was just given 30 days to vacate so that they can re-do the roof, the ceiling and all the hardwood floor. Serious water damage.

I'm sick of moving, landlords, and dumping money into someone else's pocket. With rates the way they are, I'm looking to buy.

Can anyone recommend a lender or realtor? I'm getting advice and talking to as many people as I can right now, I figured this forum would have some good input too. Thanks :)

Want_Notch
05-31-2013, 01:45 PM
Where are you looking? Call Todd Wage 4148403982 if you are looking for a buyers agent. He also has lenders he works with. Tell him Mike Hetzel told you to call. If you are looking in the West Allis area my girlfriends house is for sale!

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Korndogg
05-31-2013, 02:12 PM
Diane Switon at White Oak Mortgage in Elm Grove. She was awesome. She will do everything from finding you a house to setting up your loan. Tell her Mark Wrasse (say it like Rossi lol) sent you. We got our house a little over a year and a half ago and she was great.

910 Elm Grove Rd # 35
Elm Grove, WI 53122
(262) 786-7300

Wagonbacker9
05-31-2013, 03:02 PM
The realtor I worked with was FANTASTIC.. highly recommend him.

http://www.zillow.com/profile/MarkMarz/

The Shaolin
05-31-2013, 03:08 PM
Thanks guys :) Location isn't important, looking somewhere between Pewaukee and New Berlin...basically anything west of the city.

jbiscuit
05-31-2013, 03:32 PM
Get pre approved. Then start putting offers in on houses. The issue you are gonna have is finding a lender/seller that will be ok with a fast close. The buyer of our house wanted a 20-day close. That added a lot of pressure to not only get packed up and moved but getting all the inspections satisfied, lending paperwork done etc.

Wagonbacker9
05-31-2013, 04:25 PM
Get pre approved. Then start putting offers in on houses. The issue you are gonna have is finding a lender/seller that will be ok with a fast close. The buyer of our house wanted a 20-day close. That added a lot of pressure to not only get packed up and moved but getting all the inspections satisfied, lending paperwork done etc.

Yeah, this is a lot easier if you have an inspector on standby waiting for your offer to be accepted, and much easier to make the offer pre-approved.

Korndogg
05-31-2013, 04:27 PM
Yeah, that's why I mentioned my person since they are all in one. You don't have to deal with a lender and a realtor separately. They might be able to get shit done quicker.

73MACH
05-31-2013, 05:06 PM
Landmark C.U.

Wagonbacker9
05-31-2013, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I know jack about lending... perks of working for the bank, that is basically done for you. lol

kevcuda
05-31-2013, 10:57 PM
Shop around kind of like looking for a car. Cheapest not always the best.

Slow Joe
05-31-2013, 11:15 PM

This. Definitely get pre-approved. It makes the process that much easier, plus most relators won't work with people that aren't pre-approved, unless you are paying cash.

When we bought our house it was a minimum 30 days (according to our mortgage broker) then the people selling the house had problems finding/getting approved for a house and tried to push us off another 30+ days. At that point we had already waited 75 days to get into the house and had given our landlords notice. Luckily we explained that to them and they moved out and got an apartment for themselves until they found a house.

WhatsADSM
06-01-2013, 04:07 PM
If I must be honest... buying a house really isn't something that should be done fast. In addition even if you want to do it fast something can always come up from the inspection to underwriting to closing that will push out your deadline.

You may want to consider finding something month to month. I know its a pain to have to move twice but then u can take it slower and get the place you really want without having to rush into things.

... and yes pre-approval would be the first step.

The Shaolin
06-03-2013, 08:07 AM
Yes, thanks for the input. I should mention that the landlord is willing to work with me, I'm pretty sure I can get another 30 days out of her, so that leaves about 57 days to knock this out. This should be enough time to move quickly without rushing into something and missing something big.

Finding an apartment is definitely still on the table, depending on how things go, but hopefully we won't have to do that! I've got all my tax documents together and we're meeting with a few lenders this week.

BoosTT
06-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Look at bankrate.com

brotherbenn83
06-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Randy Pittser 262-787-4316 at Johnson Bank on North Avenue in Brookfield. That guy helped me a TON, even years before I bought my house, then with the home loan, then with my refinance. Last I checked their 30 year fixed was 4.00% Tell him Ben Farrell sent you.