PDA

View Full Version : Position open for excel\SQL\VB\Access manager, no degree required, flexible position

Nickerz
05-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Our data ninja is moving on to the corporate world, and thus we have a position to fill. No degree or formal education is required, but it requires someone who is versed in basic desktop application development of data import and reporting tools and has a understanding of basic IT support.

It is assumed that you would be able to solve these two problems proficiently

General software driver issue or desktop support (software installation, updates, backups, hardware replacement)
Create a VB front end with SQL\Access backend to input flat files and output reports

Environment is laid back and flexible. There's no politics, no drama. Criminal record is negotiable. Any drug\DUI offenses are not considered against the applicant. Theft, violence etc would be a no hire however.

Wagonbacker9
05-21-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm assuming I'm over-qualifed for this, but salary range?

Nickerz
05-21-2013, 10:03 PM
I don't know your background so I can't comment ;)

But $36-45K depending on experience.

For people looking to climb a corporate latter, this isn't the job. For people looking for an easy, no BS job, this is it. I've been accused of treating my employees like friends, which I don't find to be entirely a bad thing.

BoosTT
05-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Am I the only one who thinks its weird you specify you are willing to hire someone with drug charges?

brotherbenn83
05-22-2013, 10:06 PM
I don't know your background so I can't comment ;)

But $36-45K depending on experience.

For people looking to climb a corporate latter, this isn't the job. For people looking for an easy, no BS job, this is it. I've been accused of treating my employees like friends, which I don't find to be entirely a bad thing.

My sister in law is looking for a job like this. Please give me more info or PM me details.

awsomeears
05-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Am I the only one who thinks its weird you specify you are willing to hire someone with drug charges?

Offenses, as in past......

I don't find it to bad, well its not good but people mess up, I know a few that had a few Rough years. Now there straight as an arrow and possibly much stronger as a whole...

Nickerz
05-24-2013, 03:22 PM
My sister in law is looking for a job like this. Please give me more info or PM me details.

Not sure what else you're looking for, but I have someone shadowing next week. So if she's interested, PM me her phone number to give a call. I'll be hiring someone in the next week or two.

I just find it totally irrelevant. Large companies use degrees & criminal charges as a way to cull the herd. When you're filling positions by the hundreds or have hundreds or thousands of applicants, you need to make it manageable. A degree says you're probably white, probably have a car and know how to set and meet goals as well as have a basic level of competency. Having a criminal record says that you may have a problem with obedience.

Since I'm looking for people one at a time, I can pick out the diamond in the rough. To me a degree and criminal history are much less important because I look at every applicant as a whole picture and have the time to dedicate to knowing whether or not that person is going to fit. To me it doesn't matter if they have a piece of paper on the wall or whether or not the second they get home they stuff needles into their arm. That is their prerogative and their personal life.

If someone has the brains to fill the position, anything else to me is irrelevant. Awesomeers point is equally as valid though. But the end point is still the same. I don't care about things I find totally irrelevant to the job. I'd hire a functional heroin addict with a strong programming background before I hire someone with a weak programming background, clean record and a bunch of degrees.