PDA

View Full Version : "Munchy" the ultimate 1996 S10 extended cab 4.3L, 5 speed - $400

Moparjim
05-10-2013, 11:13 AM
I bought this from Patrick on here like 2-3 years ago. It is an S10 extended cab so has 4 seats, 4.3L 5 speed. Gets good mileage for a little truck, like high teens low twenties. Runs and drives GREAT, is a 1996. Mechanically in pretty good shape, would be a $3000 truck probably...IF... it didnt look so bad lol. It has been nicknamed "Munchy" since the story goes it was long ago "Munched" by a snowplow in the rear, which pushed the front into whatever was in front of it. So, it has a wood tailgate, crunched up rear quarters and bumpers, and smashed out grill. The body damage also caused the rear quarters to rust pretty bad. All lights etc are on it and work, and it is still the normal shape and size, no frame damage it drives straight. Its really a pretty awesome little truck I have used it to haul stuff all over from Chicago and back even and it has never let me down. It is a great winter beater has snows on it even, and is a great hauling truck or whatever.

I am asking $400 FIRM as that is probably what it could be scrapped for and for less then that I will just keep it. I guarentee you wont find a better running driving ANYTHING for that price I don't think, and I am really only selling it because my driveway is JAM PACKED with recent Fury purchase I have this thing parked in my yard on my back patio and I also have 2 Jeeps I figure I can use to haul stuff.

Moparjim
05-10-2013, 11:16 AM
P.S. I probably have pics somewhere of how incredible this thing has been lol. I have hauled things like a giant 6 foot tall by like 4 foot wide 2 door safe probably 1000 lbs, a giant entire wall sectional unit that i strapped all 4 sections of stacked like 6 ft high by 4 feet wide by 6 feet long in the bed (from Chicago lol), an entire tree of logs/wood, you name it. My son drove it daily through a winter or two as well before I started accumulating Jeeps.

WickedSix
05-10-2013, 12:00 PM
If i had the spare cash I'd probably buy it back for a spare vehicle. Couldn't kill that little pickup

Ricky Bobby
05-10-2013, 03:05 PM
passed along to a friend who is lookin for a beater s-10 as his new f250 is taking a beating at the concrete plant he works with all the dust and just dirty

95-1LE-Z28
05-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Do you have any pics? I might be interested seeing as the tranny in my Golf is on its way out...

Moparjim
05-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Honestly, its hardly worth my time taking and trying to post pics lol. IT LOOKS BAD. It is light blue metallic with a lot of rust in the rear quarters, rockers, and a bunch of racing stickers on the bed. The rear quarters were "wrinkled" in the accident a bit, and the rear bumper and hitch are bent up and it has a rather nice actually wood tailgate. Front grill is smashed out, but lights are still there, left turn is ziptied in.

Your buying a nice running 4.3L 5 speed junkyard hauler or beater, not a nice looking S10! Also, it is $400 if anyone can find me another vehicle that is ready to hop in and drive anywhere for that price, I urge you to buy it! A bunch of people on here know this truck I think, I believe Patrick drove it for many years before I picked it up.

Moparjim
05-10-2013, 04:10 PM
PS my number is 414-339-5614.

Ricky Bobby
05-10-2013, 05:23 PM
he will contact u sunday hes replacing a roof lol

Moparjim
05-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Sold!