PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my Bird

PFBlackBird
09-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Its nothing special but tell me what you guys think. Its a 99 V6 Bird.
No flames please believe me I know that it is a V6 you dont have to remind me. http://www.positiveforce-cc.com/images/scene04101NIKON_61.JPG
http://www.positiveforce-cc.com/images/scene04101NIKON_67.JPG
http://www.positiveforce-cc.com/images/scene04101NIKON_68.JPG

Yooformula
09-23-2004, 12:14 AM
Wow, thats alot of detail you got going there. Looks good. Got anymore side pics of the rims? I love those ground effects btw! :thumbsup

PFBlackBird
09-23-2004, 10:48 AM
The rims are 18" Giovanna Essens. They are a discontinued Giovanna wheel and i got one of the last sets to come off of there line. I dont have any more pics right now of the wheels on my car but i have a generic pic of them. http://www.bigwheels.net/wheels/giovanna/essen.jpg

Knyghtmare
09-23-2004, 02:57 PM
Yeah that is a lot of detail. It looks good man. :thumbsup

GTSLOW
09-24-2004, 07:38 AM
Wow those reflective panels in the hood are hot!! Very nice, to bad she don't got a LS1! But still very nice :D

02hawk796
09-29-2004, 10:56 AM
OK, I'll bite.
Who's got the Firehawk next to ya there? Which one is it?
Where is this? and when?
nice of you to get the beer sign included, got your priorities in order.
Is that Wings West body kit?

PFBlackBird
09-30-2004, 10:19 PM
it is a 2000 Firehawk. not sure of the number but i could get it if you really wanna know. it is another member of my car club positive force his name is tommy libert. the pictures were taken at the Street Scene Back to the Lake Car Show in Denmark, WI on sept. 5th. Yes it is the Wings West body kit along with the ws6 hood and a 15" crossfire bmf subwoofer with a mtx thunder 1501d amp. What gave it away that it was a firehawk 99% of people cannot tell by these pictures? in fact you r the first one.

Yooformula
09-30-2004, 11:18 PM
You can tell by the front facia where the hood meets the bumper. I bet most people dont care so they never bother mentioning it. Besides, its just another TA with package on it. :tomato :rolleyes: :rolf

Firefighter Z
09-30-2004, 11:20 PM
I believe it's the hood that gave it away... Am I correct?

02hawk796
10-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Thanks, I've never met Tommy or seen pics of him or his s/o, so didn't recognize him, and I've never seen pics of that Hawk til now, either. That's '00 #262. As a NBM LS1 T/A I had figured it was either Tommy, another guy up there, or somebody I wasn't aware of. Both sweet looking cars. Tommy didn't stop by our Firehawk Gathering on Sep 9th in GB.
Does positive force have a web page, site, email, message board? If that show is on again next year, could you post the info for it here? ALWAYS nice to know when another show happens that welcomes newer cars. I just recently wasted a day going to Beloit for a show I heard had newer cars, but got there to find out it was 20yo or more, except for vettes, vipers, and dodge trucks. yea. That, plus it was on GRASS & DIRT in a park - no wonder they didn't have any nice cars there! whatever.
Do you have any other Hawk owners in your club, or that you otherwise know of? I know there are others up there, but haven't determined who they are or which car they have.
I wasn't able to notice your hood was a WS6, but I had thought it was a little different - did you install it? Looks like you have the ramair induction kit on it, too - is that the WS6 one, or another? I've heard & read that setup really adds a buttload of hp to the V6, more of a gain than the V8 gets. Is that correct? I heard only the 2 SLP hoods add more hp for the V6s.
I would suggest you get your nose and headlamp covers aligned/adjusted to avoid further scuffing your paint. Only let people who know what they're doing do that, though.

You asked why I thought it was a Firehawk, so I was going to point out YOU'VE GOT 2 PICS THERE WITH IT INCLUDED!!!" However, it seems you were asking for more detail than that. ;) :P
I wasn't actually 100% positive, since many of the dead giveaways were not visible. and the combination of dark colors (your black and Tommy's NBM), deep shadows, and web-posting resolution of the pics made it more difficult. But I like looking at Pontiac F-Bodies.
1) The underside of the hood looks like the underside of a Hawk hood, with the countours in the right places. Since there is a multitude of aftermarket and custom hoods for our cars, this is not a sure thing.
2) The hood has the heat extractor manifold vent slot in the correct position under the hood. Few hoods have heat extractor slots, and Hawks are the only ones directly off the manifolds, which leave the rest of the engine to retain heat. The dark color, shadow, and resolution make this observation more difficult, and not a sure thing.
3) There is no signature(s) under the hood in the normal places, from the manufacturers and engineers, so this subtracts from the probability of Hawkness. However, I have not known Craig or Tommy to have taken this car to one of the events to get the car autographed, nor the other NBM LS1 T/A Hawk I know of up there, nor any of the other unknowns up by you. Having the signatures would have added greatly to the veracity of it being a Hawk.
4) The front lip of the hood is contoured to the design lines and curves of the car. I know of only 3 hoods that look like that from the underside with the hood up, 2 of them from SLP, and combined with the other hood characteristics, makes me assume it's a Firehawk hood. But a Firehawk hood does not a Firehawk make.
5) The side view of the hood shows the hoodscoops like a Hawk has, but a number of hoods have mimicked the Hawk hoodscops, and without good reference from the distance of your camera, hard to ensure it's to same dimensions as a Hawk hood & hoodscoops.
6) The Heat Extractors on the top of the hood are placed and shaped like Hawk Heat Extractors. No other copycat hood has duplicated this feature - although it adds hp, it's too difficult to design effectively without costing the imitator more than the cost of the real McCoy anyhow. Since this is observed by looking through your rear hatch contoured glass, there is some distortion which makes it more difficult to discern, but I've seen pics a LOT more tricky to detect that with.
7) The nose is a Firehawk nose. This observation can be compromised 2 ways: anybody could make the nose into a Hawk identical nose if they wanted to and had a clue how to, but I've never seen anybody do that; and more commonly, several owners have swapped nose clips with other F-Body owners for various reasons, so non-Hawks end up with Hawk noses, but this is almost always done to rice-out the F-Bods, and Tommy's doesn't look too riced.
8) The nose bridge has the Firehawk emblem badge mounted, in the right place, apparently. Like above, this could have come with the nose in a clip swap.
9) The air induction looks like the Firehawk airbox, but it looks like it has the CAI mods installed, so that subtracts from the probability of Hawkness. But I'm not as familiar with all of these setups, so I couldn't base my ID on that.
10) The passenger door doesn't seem to have a visible Hawk script logo on it, but the driver's door seems to have something roughly the right position, shape, and color coordination for a NBM Hawk. If they're missing, I didn't know if Craig had had them removed, or somebody else. Not very conclusive ID this way.
11) The Firehawk Chromed 5-spoke wheels are authentic in appearance, and have the correct Firehawk emblem centercaps. I know Tony's Camaro has Firehawk wheels on, but that's the only non-Hawk I'm aware of in WI that does. Of course, this could be another easily, but most of those cars are riced out, which is more popular in Fla and Tejas - where ricemobiles are more common. Most folks in WI don't have the slightest comprehension of what comprises a Hawk, so that ignorance would sway them away from spending the extra cash for the wheels. Again, this is not a sure ID.

Like I said, it's not a 100% sure ID from these pics, but I figured the clues overall added up that way.

PFBlackBird
10-01-2004, 12:48 PM
To start, the scuffs on the headlamp covers were from before i had the headlights adjusted, they no longer scuff. i purchased the hood from Glasstek in chicago and they left a lip all the way around the hood that had to be ground off. when the body man ground it down he didnt take enough off of the hood so i need a larger then normal gap between the hood and headlamp covers, this is when the paint scuffs appeared. the strange thing is how in the hell you knew that there were scuffs in my headlamp covers and the number of the Hawk? Were you at this show?
Yes my club has a webpage. www.positiveforce-cc.com We are the only two firebirds in the entire club of more than 100 cars, therefore yes he is the only hawk. The induction kit on my car is stock for now. i plan on getting the volant intake in the future but that will probably be something i will do over winter. we were both out of town at a club meeting on the 9th which is the reason we didnt make it to the Firehawk gathering.

ccas
10-03-2004, 08:30 AM
I'm into car audio as a profession and as a hobby so I have to say...Very clean enclosure for your sub. I see a lot of people who do stuff back there and don't spend the extra $ to get it wrapped properly. Damn fine job!! Who did it? Oh yeah, nice car btw.

PFBlackBird
10-15-2004, 11:03 AM
The enclosure was done by Jason Smitz at Shady Creations in Green Bay Wi. Jason used to work at Alpha Page up here. maybe you have heard of there work before. He just broke off from alpha page to start Shady, his own company. He does damn fine work, in my eyes he is the best we have up here in Green Bay. He has done many things for the Green Bay Packers and som ebeautiful work for other guys in my car club.

ccas
10-15-2004, 11:29 AM
Any chance he is looking for some extra hands around the shop? Like I said I am a custom installer and am looking for work. If you get the chance to ask him, I would appreciate it. You can view some of my work at my website: www.customcaraudiosystems.com

TransAm12sec
11-07-2004, 03:25 PM
lol I just saw the wheels and said "It's a firehawk."

Is that line going into the hood a purge line for the n2O?

97PontiacW68
12-07-2004, 11:17 PM
sweet bird

PFBlackBird
12-08-2004, 12:43 AM
yeah the line running up into the hood is the purge line for the nitrous. he has the dual purge nozzles spraying out of the "nostrils." thanks for the compliments.