PDA

View Full Version : Concrete...

awsomeears
04-30-2013, 08:01 PM
Looking to do some concrete, who do you recommend and are you happy ?

I'm thinking a 35' by 28' pad connecting both of my garages but may be scared at the price, I have no clue what it goes for :durr

pOrk
04-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Tall cash. Try and find a number for Jim Neuman, he did my slab 8x28 for less then a grand and the work was top notch. The number I had for him is no longer in service. Its just him and his son and lots of equipment

awsomeears
04-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Tall cash. Try and find a number for Jim Neuman, he did my slab 8x28 for less then a grand and the work was top notch. The number I had for him is no longer in service. Its just him and his son and lots of equipment

Erik that's right, you posted it and what not, has it cracked or flaked at all ?

73MACH
05-01-2013, 01:35 AM
Right now the average price should be about $5-7 a square foot for remove and replace.

pOrk
05-01-2013, 04:10 AM
Nope it's still perfect, the guys did a hell of a job and wish I woulda had them do a bigger slab

jbiscuit
05-01-2013, 07:26 AM
Concrete shouldn't flake or scale if done correctly. If it does, they skimped on the PSI rating and/or used way too much water. Find a mason that will do it on the side for cash. The size of that slab is gonna cost some $$$!

michelle
05-01-2013, 09:03 AM
http://www.raystadlerconstruction.com/

They poured a driveway near my house - ridiculously long and it looks great! Tour out the already nice looking asphalt driveway too.

73MACH
05-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Sometimes salt can cause flaking or "popping" in the surface if the concrete. Salt can affect the curing process if applied too soon. It takes a whole lot longer than people think for the concrete to completely cure 100%. Upwards of a year depending on weather, amount of water used in it, direct sunlight, etc. When I do side jobs, I ALWAYS recommend that if the piece is poured after August, that the homeowner doesn't salt that winter on the new stuff.

This info would be for "newer" concrete, not stuff 2 or more years old. Food for thought!

Of course, there's people out there that will say otherwise, but it's cheap insurance.