PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear about the Soldier in TX arrested for rudely carrying a firearm?

GTSLOW
04-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Not sure if this was posted yet or not...

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/war-veteran-arrested-for-rudely-displaying-rifle.html

Lash
04-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Just another case of a cop not knowing the laws they enforce. I expect to see a lot more of these in the future until cops stop BEING the law and start keeping the law.

Prince Valiant
04-28-2013, 09:23 PM
here's the complete video...it's long, but instructive in watching the whole thing.

A8r4MK3R4PI

The most bizarre thing is the officers suggestion that the law doesn't apply "in this day and age" (it's legal to openly carry in TX, as long as it's not in a threatening manner). Equally absurd is the suggesting that officers are "exempt from the law". Or that simply owning a gun makes one "dangerous."

Essentially, this cop makes a mistake in trying to take the gun...then digs himself a hole trying to justify his ultimately illegal action. It was wrong to ask the soldier to comply and wrong for essentially punishing him for not complying.

This guy wasn't nearly as bad as the cop in Ohio (cinncy? cleaveland? where he threatens to basically kill a ccw holder for not informing him of being armed, when the video showed he was trying to repeatedly), and shouldn't necessarily loose his job over this as that ohio cop did (i think)....but he should receive some sort of disciplinary action and reassignment.

Rocket Power
04-28-2013, 10:07 PM
When did they start allowing open carry in TX? I remember reading a lot of posts on other forums from people whining they couldn't do it.

Prince Valiant
04-28-2013, 10:41 PM
open carry of long guns, not handguns, is legal in so far as I know. Parents lived in Temple (where this occurred) and still have a residence in TX...

...but it's for that reason that one sees the gun racks on the back windows of pick-ups, etc.

88Nightmare
04-28-2013, 11:01 PM
it surprises me that this happened, but it REALLY surprises me it happened to active duty soldier... almost seems rather condescending...