PDA

View Full Version : About to go to Detroit to pay too much for this...

Moparjim
04-26-2013, 09:39 PM
My pics here are full so linky to other forums where I *gasp* posted it first:

http://www.wisrts.com/forums/showthread.php?6452-About-to-go-to-Detroit-to-pay-to-much-for-this

Lash
04-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Gotta be a member there to view the attachments :(

Moparjim
04-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Crud. Epic fail I cannot for the life of me figure out how to DELETE attachments here and Im full....

I will post em on my site or something tomorrow.

Prince Valiant
04-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Wow! A two door? Very sharp!

Any wild plans with it? Or just enjoy relaxed interstate cruising as these things were meant to...

Being an ex cop car, I'm guessing HD suspension and brakes, and 3.23 gears? Or geared higher for top speed?

My brother had a 72 polara w/ the HD suspension...VASTLY different in nature than many of the full-sized cars of that era, riding pretty firm overall...and very firm relative to other fullsizes. Cornered very flat given the type and era of the car.

Moparjim
04-26-2013, 11:14 PM
Havent seen it yet, the last one I had though it had all sorts of cool stuff for the era - had huge swaybars, giant Kelsey-Hayes 4 piston disc brakes on the front and I believe special steel rims to clear em, big rubber suspension stops all over the place, something like I think 9 leafs per side leaf springs, big alternator, certified speedo, a big h steel frame over the gas tank that then became a trailer hitch, the worlds largest and brightest dome light lol and a buncha other stuff I am probably forgetting...

Moparjim
04-26-2013, 11:27 PM
Yeah it would just be a cruiser I already have too many "fast" cars. The one I had I drove it to the Mopar Nationals in 1987 or 88 with 4:10 gears that I had put in it - like 4500 or more RPMS the whole way to Columbus, OH, bracket raced it down there, and drove it back lol. It ran low-mid 14s most of the time, ran like 13.8s I think one time. Did all sorts of other kooky stuff with it including towing a car dolly with a 68 Super Bee I had sold to a guy at the Schwabenhoff all the way to Indianapolis..with 4:10s in it. He convinced me that he would only buy the car if I delivered it and it was a non runner. He also proceeded to spend the rest of the swap meet packing the trunk, interior and every nook and cranny of the car with all sorts of more parts he bought that I got to tow home in the car. On the way there we stopped to eat and I inadvertantly threw away the guys address but luckily I remembered sorta where he had told me to go it was right near the airport. I went door to door asking if anyone knew a guy that collected old cars like the one on the dolly and within like 3 houses someone knew where the guy lived lol. Did a complete white knuckled 360 on I 94 one winter in the snow one time when it got "loose" at like 55 MPH... Used to buy cheap used snow tires at Mr Ps on HWY 100 and then proceed to do burnouts on the HWY, in the Red Carpet parking lot, wherever until they literally would pop lol. For awhile put a set of Centerlines and skinnies on the front which I had to use some massive spacers on to clear the aforementioned brakes, which I thought was cool until I lost one snapped all the studs luckily was turning and going fairly slow. Like I said kooky stuff!

wikked
04-27-2013, 12:27 AM
:thumbsup

http://www.wikked.com/bcm/67fury3.jpg

http://www.wikked.com/bcm/67fury2.jpg

http://www.wikked.com/bcm/67fury1.jpg

jbiscuit
04-27-2013, 05:51 AM
Wow!!! That's badass

nismodave
04-27-2013, 06:53 AM
cool

GTSLOW
04-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Looks dope!

73MACH
04-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Love it

jbiscuit
04-28-2013, 07:29 AM
So? Did ya get it?

Moparjim
04-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Yeah made my son drive to Detroit with me there and back Saturday and brought it home. Car is super clean and straight but has some issues. While straight the black paint has a ton of orange peel and imperfections you can see in the right angle and sunlight which is a bummer but overall it looks pretty awesome. Its definitely special order police car stuff, have the buildsheet and everything for it. Car was super slow for a big block car but I was pretty sure it was throttle linkage jazzed up and sure enough it was a 5 minute fix - the throttle was only opening like 1/3 of the way lol. Has some various leaks and an intermittant charging issue but it cruised back from Detroit real nicely overall. All easy and cheapish fixes I was just a bit annoyed since the car was not exactly cheap I would have expected it to not have a bunch of Gremlins and amateurish paint. I did get the guy to knock a few grand off the price as a result though.

So, now I have another car to turn a wrench on it seems ;)

michelle
04-29-2013, 12:10 PM
Glad you picked it up!

Prince Valiant
04-29-2013, 12:18 PM
Tow your racecars with it ;)

jbiscuit
04-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Great score. Glad you got it.

srt4eh
05-01-2013, 02:15 AM
That thing is sexy. Very nice

jbiscuit
05-01-2013, 07:22 AM
Saw Mopar Jim out with the car last night at Shepherd Hills school. Car looked/sounded good