PDA

View Full Version : Screw eBay (Non-paying bidder rant)

BoosTT
04-18-2013, 04:07 PM
I listed an trailer brake controller on ebay and it sold for $260 with 3 bids. The high bidder never paid and the buyer never returned my messages. I offered it to the other bidders and they were no longer interested. I had to file a non-paying bidder case with ebay to get my $3 in fees back. Once the case is filed feedback cannot be left. Leaving negative feedback for non-payment wasn’t possible (ebay forced me to open a case).

Whatever, I relist the item and it ends with no bids. So, I drop the price to $185 and relist it once again. The same non-paying bids on it again, this time up to $200!!

This non-paying bidder has a 100% feedback rating of +25 and has been buying stuff constantly both before and after my auctions! They have been getting on average an additional 2 positive feedbacks a week!

So, what the heck. The bidder doesen’t pay, their feedback is still 100% and they even bid again on my same relisted item? Screw ebay. I’ve since blocked this person from bidding on my auctions and they are no longer the high bidder. /endrant.

Josepy
04-18-2013, 04:12 PM
I think you can block specific bidders on your Items. It sucks I have gone through this crap as well. I usually do not sell on ebay for that reason.

Wagonbacker9
04-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I think theres something about not being able to leave buyer feedback if theres any issue. It assumes the buyers aren't assholes, but it also protects people like me who bitch about sellers shitty service from receiving bad feedback just because I bought something from someone who turned out to be a huge bitch.

Like most things, theres no perfect solution.