PDA

View Full Version : Burrying Gas Line and Electrical Wiring to my garage.... Need code help

awsomeears
04-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Strike when the Iron is SOFT :D

Soft meaning the ground is very soft with the thaw and all this rain, well its time to run gas line and electrical to my 2nd garage ( ill guess 30' - 40' total ) I want to do this per code for depths and separation as well.

I will be using a cutter/puller just like WE energy does, I will be using the polly type gas line material and as suggested ( maybe dave can chime in ) from our electrician some Gray heavy duty UF 4 wire, Nuteral Nuteral Common and Ground so IF I every want a 220 box outside I can.

Through my accounts I can get everything and almost anything, so if you have other recommendations I'm all ears

jbiscuit
04-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Time for the Hot Dawg!

awsomeears
04-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Time for the Hot Dawg!

Or a 96% butttttttttttttttttttttt don't want to worry about the condensation, so yea a hot dawg is probably ideal

jbiscuit
04-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Nice! Get that garage really well insulated then too. Watch for great deals from Menards in a few months in the fall before it gets cold. I saved a bunch when I did my walls in mine. Also, if you garage door isn't insulated there is a bunch of info online how to do this well with foam insulation sheet

awsomeears
04-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Nice! Get that garage really well insulated then too. Watch for great deals from Menards in a few months in the fall before it gets cold. I saved a bunch when I did my walls in mine. Also, if you garage door isn't insulated there is a bunch of info online how to do this well with foam insulation sheet

I was thinking of checking out the spray foam, gotta see price comparison tho, that foam spray its Air Tight and pretty dam high in R-Value

Lash
04-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Spray foam can be expensive....2-3 times more expensive than batt. at a minimum and up to 5x.

nismodave
04-10-2013, 05:15 PM
2 feet under lawn.

awsomeears
04-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Spray foam can be expensive....2-3 times more expensive than batt. at a minimum and up to 5x.

Yea I have no clue what it is, but shit if its that much I may not do it, all I want is to keep it at 35-40 degrees when its cold out and lets say in this shit ass weather a nice 50 degrees, I don't need to be sweating balls in there while I'm working