PDA

View Full Version : Need to rehome a 2.5 year old Red Fox Labrador

95 TA - The Beast
04-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Found her a great home...

Prince Valiant
04-03-2013, 11:27 PM
...we adopted a 1.5 year old male Lurcher (greyhound/german sherperd mix)... good luck rehoming the pup...I'm going to ask a friend of mine who is a lab lover who is beginning to put out feelers for another dog since he and his family lost their old female lab about a year ago (to seizures...). I'll put him in contact with you if he's interested....

Heh...you know how many people have dog calendars of particular breeds? Meg and I actually own a dog calendar of "lurchers".....being a sighthound owner (scottish deerhound), we've always had a particular attraction to lurchers, and know a couple in the area. While sirius is available to stud, we aren't actively looking to make it happen...but we've also stated that if anyone is looking to produce lurchers, we were open to making sirius available for that too.

95 TA - The Beast
04-04-2013, 08:14 AM
Thanks PV, any assistance is appreciated. We are honestly more concerned about getting her a good home than anything else.

Yeah, when we went and saw Riley (the Lurcher) I knew right off he was part German Shepard and something else... After some research figured out the Greyhound/Whippet aspect. Good looking guy, great personality. Best of all worlds as he doesn't have the aggression of the German Shepard, and he doesn't have the laziness of the Greyhound, but has the best traits of both, ie, energy, speed, attention, demeanor, playfulness, etc...

At the shelter we picked him up from he was listed as a lab mix, as they obviously couldn't figure out what he was. His extreme energy level when excited turned off a lot of potential adopters. We have found it is just an initial phase-thing and he settled right into his home and ramps up only when given the right catalyst. I will say he is fast as all get out, easily making Abbie look slow in comparison, and she is anything but. She herself moves very well, and is quite more muscular than Riley is. Funny to see them do tug of war as she just muscles him around, but let him get the toy and play keep-away from her and she tires out before he will.

Prince Valiant
04-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Talked to the husband, he said to talk to the boss. Talked to his wife, and she's strongly considering meeting her. PM me your contact info so that I can fwd it to them if they decide to make a go of it...

95 TA - The Beast
04-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Added pics to first post...

88Nightmare
04-05-2013, 10:22 AM
pretty dog... wish I could :(

lilws6
04-06-2013, 11:12 PM
If we had our house i'm sure the fiance would probably jump on this its a cute dog.

brotherbenn83
04-08-2013, 10:33 AM
That is a really nice looking dog! Does she shed much? I had a golden retriever as a kid that had an awesome personality, but shed way more than I'd be willing to deal with as an adult. Also, are you selling the dog (how much?) or just looking for a good home to give her to?

95 TA - The Beast
04-08-2013, 09:57 PM
That is a really nice looking dog! Does she shed much? I had a golden retriever as a kid that had an awesome personality, but shed way more than I'd be willing to deal with as an adult. Also, are you selling the dog (how much?) or just looking for a good home to give her to?

Labs don't shed that much. No-where near what a retriever does.

As far as re-homing her, I am not trying to recoup what I have in her, that is not my intent, but a good faith adoption fee of $100 is all. Pretty much to provide that she is seriously wanted, is not a "freebie" that would be treated as such. Dogs cost to a certain amount to own, as anyone that owns them knows.

When I got her I paid $100 for her, pretty much same reason I mentioned, and then paid for spaying her and having her chipped and checked up. I am not expecting to be paid for the spaying and chipping and such. Her having a good home is much more important.

I do have someone interested, but please send me a PM and I can send you my phone number and we can talk... Finding her the right home, making sure she is well taken care of is very important.

brotherbenn83
04-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Found her a great home...

Thanks again Dennis, we will treat her well.

Prince Valiant
04-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Awesome that you were able to find her a home relatively quickly...congrats brotherbenn83!

Having helped rehome several dogs, it can sometimes be a very trying experience...glad this worked out.