PDA

View Full Version : What is a performance brand that you'd like to be able to access locally?

Nickerz
03-25-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm considering diversifying a little, definitely not going bonkers. I figure I can add a brand or two a month depending on demand. Prices would be better than Summit and I would be a stocking vendor for high demand applications (Mustang, Camaro etc).

So I'm just wondering what if any brands you've had trouble getting locally and would be interested in someone carrying. The HUGE brands are probably out of the question. Those being the Flowmasters & MSDs. Which really there's no shortage of people carrying.

Waver
03-25-2013, 05:29 PM
FORE Innovations, JLT, Maximum Motorsports

Flicktitty
03-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Good luck, It's very hard to keep things in stock, Just when you think you have stuff people will need or want it will sit...What happens when it sits? prices change, new products come out etc..

Crawlin
03-25-2013, 06:04 PM
and most of those smaller companies sometimes require a big "buy in"

I remember talking to someone local in the early 2000's with the LS1 popularity and the company BMR for suspension that pretty much everyone bought stuff from and wasn't available through a summit or jegs, required a 10g in inventory buy in. hard to do in certain markets

lit666
03-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Dang Root Beer

awsomeears
03-25-2013, 06:31 PM
-AN fittings and a TON of them.......

:-)

Nickerz
03-25-2013, 07:29 PM
FORE Innovations, JLT, Maximum Motorsports

I think Lethal bought Fore... or at least I thought so that might be an issue. I would consider MM but I'm looking for a "wider" brand. MM only applies to the mustang crowd. But something I would consider.

Good luck, It's very hard to keep things in stock, Just when you think you have stuff people will need or want it will sit...What happens when it sits? prices change, new products come out etc..

I am quiet familiar with warehousing along with product sales and demand. Appreciate you looking out for my butthole though ;)

-AN fittings and a TON of them.......
:-)

I actually want to do this but the problem I've run into is the amount of inventory I'd have to carry for this would be outrageous. I'd have so much plumbing and fittings I'd have to dive into the stuff like scruge mcduck. I wouldn't carry a brand name considering its just plumbing, but I've thought about that along with some nitrous bottles and a fill station. Along the same line I've been considering stainless piping, mufflers and tips. Sourced from Bassani\Borla's providers. But most people just do the whole catback =|

Waver
03-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Fore is still around.....at last I checked (last week).

kevcuda
03-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Avenger

-stew-
03-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Nos. The big bottles. Two of them.

Nickerz
03-25-2013, 09:21 PM
Nos. The big bottles. Two of them.

Filling station is a couple feet tall. Think you'll be able to handle it all? Reinforced your floorboards?

-stew-
03-26-2013, 06:24 AM
Filling station is a couple feet tall. Think you'll be able to handle it all? Reinforced your floorboards?

Will their be danger to my manifold?

Waver
03-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Are you running three spoon engines, three t66 turbos, and a Motec system exhaust?

-stew-
03-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Are you running three spoon engines, three t66 turbos, and a Motec system exhaust?

2jz, no shit.