PDA

View Full Version : Assault weapons ban dropped..shocker!

Russ Jerome
03-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Back to $699 Sportical AR-15's, $899 AR-10's.

Im so shocked...again! Wish I could have saved the money I made on selling AR's for more guns
instead of remodeling house this year :(

So you have 4 years to look for killer deals (thanks Coops brother for the $99 complete lowers!) on "assault"
type guns before the sellin for a killin starts all over! Extra thanks to Cabelas on those $659 on sale Sporticals,
you guys made my kitchen look AWESOME!

Moparjim
03-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Yeah most of us are pretty sure they will never pass anything as crazy as Feinstein's... Its not totally dead yet, they just rejected adding it to another bill. It could still try on its own but I doubt highly it would be even close to passing, I think I saw it only had like 35 supporters. That's the great news takeaway here I think - even many Democrats don't support the crazy gun control bills, and it was indeed a Democrat that rejected it even.

So, I am still quite sure SOMETHING will get jammed through, but it will most likely be some watered down version much like the old "ban" or something.

-stew-
03-20-2013, 12:08 PM
So, I am still quite sure SOMETHING will get jammed through, but it will most likely be some watered down version much like the old "ban" or something.

You say that like you're ok with it. You shouldn't be if you are. People are acting like this bill not leaving committee means the coast is clear and everything is fine.

! Its not.

Prince Valiant
03-20-2013, 12:55 PM
It is still open to being added again as an amendment to the general gun control bill when it hits the floor, which is what is openly being encouraged by the WH...The general bill will likely have to do mostly with background checks.

I would not be surprised to see this happen, because it can then be voted to be added on, up/down by the whole senate. Some feel that this may force the hand of many on the fence, or more accurately, those who would rather not have to vote, and/or be subject to being whipped into line via their party. Reid didn't want to kill it on principle though; he wanted to kill it because he gets that it's a political loser.

Moparjim
03-20-2013, 01:58 PM
You say that like you're ok with it. You shouldn't be if you are. People are acting like this bill not leaving committee means the coast is clear and everything is fine.

! Its not.

Well simple fact is in the current political and media climate they are going to get SOMETHING. So yes, if it is something like the 94 ban (where I could still buy pretty much anything I wanted anyways), background checks, etc then yes I am much more ok with those comprimises than a Feunstein tyoe ban everything, pay to register everything and turn em in when you die, etc type of bill.

Reverend Cooper
03-20-2013, 07:37 PM
No they dont have to get anything,if people would take this to their congress people. Fuck Obarfma

Wagonbacker9
03-20-2013, 08:07 PM
No they dont have to get anything,if people would take this to their congress people. Fuck Obarfma

The likelyhood of stopping a private sale background check law from passing is unlikely. It also seems that (at least according to polling) in general people are in support of it. If they enforce the law correctly, I'm in support of it too. Unlikely though that is..