PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle shops??

kevcuda
03-11-2013, 01:03 PM
I am pretty new to town and will be looking to upgrade my zx14r a bit. Some exhaust maybe a tune. Any suggestions on places that perform this kind of work. Simple google isn't working out for me.

BoosTT
03-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Lots of used motorcycle shops near big bend/Waukesha... not sure I would reccomend any of them for a tune though.

kevcuda
03-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Yea I was looking for a specialty place more than a dealer who hacks on the side. I don't mind paying a couple extra $$ to have it done right.

-stew-
03-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Guy named Moon. Works up off browndeer road. Hes your guy. Someone here prolly has his contact info.

outlawgibbs
03-11-2013, 06:09 PM
414-716-0005. Ive been dealing with him for years. Hes really busy but the only guy I let touch my bike besides myself

Josepy
03-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Moon is a good guy. Has tuned all my buddies race bikes.

WilliamZ
03-16-2013, 10:00 AM
https://www.facebook.com/WickedMotoParts?fref=ts

Will beat just about anyones prices..

pOrk
03-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Go to AJ for parts ( Wicked Moto ) and for tune try Action.

If you like cocky assholes, go to Moon. That guy is so full of himself its ridiculous, someone needs to pop his head so he can float back down to earth. I heard he was good and called him about a tuning problem I had on a busa a few years back and 30 seconds into the phone conversation I had enough of him.

03Seville
03-16-2013, 01:35 PM
+1 for AJ

I get all parts from him and he always has the best prices

kevcuda
03-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Thanks for all the info. I am not all that concerned with the best price just the best result.

03Seville
03-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Thanks for all the info. I am not all that concerned with the best price just the best result.

Still go to AJ. Not sure who is most recommended on the tuning but the build itself he does great work

kevcuda
03-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Sounds good looks like Ill be having them hook me up soon

Boostaddct
03-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Thanks TJay, pOrk, and Chris! I can definitely hook you up on the parts. As for tuning I can't do that yet, but Moon or WIN Racing do a great job.

kevcuda
03-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Confused who are you?

Boostaddct
03-18-2013, 12:20 AM
I'm AJ and I run Wicked Moto.

kevcuda
03-18-2013, 03:14 PM
Great Ill give you a call or shoot you an email soon. Thanks

Boostaddct
03-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Great Ill give you a call or shoot you an email soon. Thanks

Sounds great!

Crawlin
03-18-2013, 05:17 PM
www.schnitzracing.com for parts and for knowledge. Talk to people that actually race. Its just in Indiana and stuff usually shows up next day, but I'll trust the experience of actual drag racers. (don't know AJ personally so won't say anything bad about him or his shop just my personal preference/experience over the last 4-5 years)

Suprised what pork has said about Greg though. Moon has always been nice when talking to me and has given some great recommendations even knowing I wasn't at the point of buying something from him. And the way one of his customer's 1k runs and the help he's given him, obviously helps out greatly.

88Nightmare
03-18-2013, 05:28 PM
another +1 for AJ @ Wicked Moto. He sold me levers, brake lines, and gave me an unbeatable deal on tires

Boostaddct
03-19-2013, 12:29 PM
www.schnitzracing.com for parts and for knowledge. Talk to people that actually race. Its just in Indiana and stuff usually shows up next day, but I'll trust the experience of actual drag racers. (don't know AJ personally so won't say anything bad about him or his shop just my personal preference/experience over the last 4-5 years)

Suprised what pork has said about Greg though. Moon has always been nice when talking to me and has given some great recommendations even knowing I wasn't at the point of buying something from him. And the way one of his customer's 1k runs and the help he's given him, obviously helps out greatly.

I definitely can't compete with Schnitz on knowledge...those guys are awesome....I actually buy stuff from them as well. My goal for my place is to be a local resource for guys and to give prices that beat internet retailers....I carry way more diversity than any of the local dealerships or shops do. You should drop by one day Chris and introduce yourself....I've seen alot of your posts on the drag forums and would love to see the bike sometime....Nitrous Chris finally made it down to the shop a few weeks ago to check out the new place and pick up his pistons.

another +1 for AJ @ Wicked Moto. He sold me levers, brake lines, and gave me an unbeatable deal on tires

Thanks! I do everything I can do give people the best deals possible on quality parts.