PDA

View Full Version : Neat concept...

Wagonbacker9
02-27-2013, 04:24 PM
http://tacticalwalls.com/shop/series-1450-concealment-cover-insert-bundle-gadsden-flag-patriot-edition/

I wonder if I could make a lockable version cheaper.

pOrk
02-27-2013, 06:00 PM
LOL! You could make that WAY cheaper

Wagonbacker9
02-27-2013, 06:52 PM
LOL! You could make that WAY cheaper

Well yeah.. but if it doesn't lock then theres no point, and so far I haven't come up with a way to discretely lock it.

-stew-
02-28-2013, 04:06 AM
Its purpose is to have a discrete stash of weapons at the ready right now in an emergency. Is not a safe, but I do think this is safer than a pistol in the nightstand or shotgun under the bed if you have kids in the house.

-stew-
02-28-2013, 04:07 AM
And if its hidden, it doesn't need a lock.

Lash
02-28-2013, 05:28 AM
I don't care if its hidden. If you have kids it needs a lock.

-stew-
02-28-2013, 06:36 AM
Is there any way to keep a firearm secure, but at the same time readily available in a panic stricken instant when shit gets hairy likerightnowohshitsomeonejustkickedmydoorin? I'm not arguing or disagreeing, I'm just asking. I live in a world without children, so keeping shit under lock and key isn't a priority or even a remote interest.

Wagonbacker9
02-28-2013, 01:20 PM
I don't care if its hidden. If you have kids it needs a lock.

Exactly. I fully intend for my kid to be too smart to not check it out if he so much as sees me taking an interest in that area once. Not risking that.

Is there any way to keep a firearm secure, but at the same time readily available in a panic stricken instant when shit gets hairy likerightnowohshitsomeonejustkickedmydoorin? I'm not arguing or disagreeing, I'm just asking. I live in a world without children, so keeping shit under lock and key isn't a priority or even a remote interest.

I would say the only REAL solution to this problem is something like GunVault's SpeedVault with finger print authentication.

PonyKiller87
02-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Why not put some type of electric lock on it where the button to unlock is hidden on a top corner where the kids cant reach it and it isn't visable.

Wagonbacker9
02-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Why not put some type of electric lock on it where the button to unlock is hidden on a top corner where the kids cant reach it and it isn't visable.
hmmm a low voltage solenoid might work... I like the concept. 2 switches in series would be pretty tough to defeat.

-stew-
02-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Why not something as simple as a pin that drops down in from the top? By the time your kids are tall enough to reach six and a half feet in the air, they should be smart enough to handle a firearm and to not play with them.

Wagonbacker9
02-28-2013, 07:04 PM
chair... ladder... you're assuming kids follow rules and logic.

-stew-
02-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Maybe just keep the kids locked up?

Lash
02-28-2013, 08:04 PM
chair... ladder... you're assuming kids follow rules and logic.

Shiiiit. My kids would eat right through that.... Lock and all!! Lol

Wagonbacker9
02-28-2013, 08:40 PM
Shiiiit. My kids would eat right through that.... Lock and all!! Lol

LOL

Maybe just keep the kids locked up?

CPS frowns on this... otherwise I'm confident it would be the first line of defense for more than a few parents.