PDA

View Full Version : WTB camera kit/gear

Yooformula
02-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Its finally time to upgrade my camera to something other than my phone or a crappy p&s camera for my work. Looking to buy a either a used or suggestions for someplace to buy a new camera kit. The only places I know of to search for are craigslist and the FEW nice deals I found, I wasnt able to lock up quick enough. I did find a Canon T3i kit from ebay NEW but if I can find something local, I would prefer that especially a member here if they are looking to upgrade. Pm or text me please! Cash in hand, looking to purchase this week. Thanks!

wrath
02-23-2013, 07:26 PM
If you buy a kit, the kit lens you get from an independent like Mike Crivello's is much nicer.

Buy something with a "d" in the name, not a Rebel. 60d if you have to, 7d best crop lens, 6d cheapest full frame...

jbiscuit
02-23-2013, 07:52 PM
If you but from KEH they will stand behind the used gear they sell

Z28Envy
02-23-2013, 09:12 PM
If you buy a kit, the kit lens you get from an independent like Mike Crivello's is much nicer.

Buy something with a "d" in the name, not a Rebel. 60d if you have to, 7d best crop lens, 6d cheapest full frame...

Please explain to me your logic as to why he shouldn't buy a rebel?

I have a 60d and a rebel xsi and they take the same pictures. Different function and more options with the 60d. There's nothing wrong with a rebel and it will take great pictures. If you are going to be doing a lot more professional type shooting then yes a "d" would be more beneficial. If you are going to be doing pictures of cars, family and so forth, there will be nothing wrong with a rebel and you can get them at a good price.

Just my opinion.

Wagonbacker9
02-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Please explain to me your logic as to why he shouldn't buy a rebel?

Different function and more options with the 60d.

I believe you answered your own question.

Yooformula
02-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Well, I got a great deal on a NEW Canon T3i with 2 lens, bag, sd card, extra battery and tripod. After using Andy's camera for a bit, I was leaning towards the Canon anyway but to get the entire kit for $480 kinda sealed the deal for me.

Z28Envy
02-23-2013, 09:40 PM
I believe you answered your own question.

That's great but why would someone new to dslr's spend $600 on the very low end for a 60d body only and way more for a 7d or 6d? Do you know the difference in functions and options? Or do you just have to post something stupid in every thread?

Z28Envy
02-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Well, I got a great deal on a NEW Canon T3i with 2 lens, bag, sd card, extra battery and tripod. After using Andy's camera for a bit, I was leaning towards the Canon anyway but to get the entire kit for $480 kinda sealed the deal for me.

Glad you found something. T3i is a nice kit.

Wagonbacker9
02-23-2013, 10:12 PM
That's great but why would someone new to dslr's spend $600 on the very low end for a 60d body only and way more for a 7d or 6d? Do you know the difference in functions and options? Or do you just have to post something stupid in every thread?

What other thread have I posted in? No need to get hostile. I have a 20d that I've had for several years... that should tell you what my answer is based on.

Z28Envy
02-23-2013, 10:51 PM
No hostility here. I just think telling someone to spend 700+ in on camera for their first dslr is a bit much. I have owned a 10d, 40d, xti, xsi and the 60d. I personally would take the xsi over the 40d. The rebels are easier to run for the most part for people just learning in my opinion.

As far as the posting in other threads, I was thinking of someone else and I apologies for saying that!

Wagonbacker9
02-23-2013, 10:59 PM
I'm saying thats the logic, not that I agree with that logic. I wanted a pro model SLR when I got into it, but sure wasn't going to pay for a current model, so I bought an older one and its served me well. Still shoots better pics than I do.

Z28Envy
02-23-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm saying thats the logic, not that I agree with that logic. I wanted a pro model SLR when I got into it, but sure wasn't going to pay for a current model, so I bought an older one and its served me well. Still shoots better pics than I do.

I was speaking towards Wraths post. The cameras he listed are all very very nice but I think way to much as a starter IMO. Then saying stay away from the rebels doesn't make much sense to me when they are great bodies.