PDA

View Full Version : Woodson Released DUMBASS Ted Thomson

spooln30
02-16-2013, 03:50 AM
:flipoff2:

spooln30
02-16-2013, 03:55 AM
I'm pissed about this move. Ted Thomson has made some super Shitty decisions while with the Packers. I highly doubt they even talked money I heard he wanted to finish his career as a Packer and like Driver he would've took less money. He knows he's in his mid 30's and won't get the 10mill he got in years past. The Packers should and need to X out players like Hawk and Findley and really need to keep Jennings and should've kept Woodson. Dumb move if you ask me. Did I say I'm pissed.

Lash
02-16-2013, 05:58 AM
He's old and has been injured in the last two seasons. It's time to move on.

Reverend Cooper
02-16-2013, 06:47 AM
Personally I wouldnt mind having him in Dallas

Josepy
02-16-2013, 08:18 AM
I like woodson but he is owed way to much money this year. Unfortunately the move was the right one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Lash
02-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Personally I wouldnt mind having him in Dallas

Too bad he said he wants to play on a contending team...
Lol

77thor
02-16-2013, 09:25 AM
It's really a good business decision---
Woodson is getting old; he's much slower and cannot cover one-on-one any more.
Plus he is counting $10 million towards the cap next season. There is no way he's worth that.

Prince Valiant
02-16-2013, 11:26 AM
His cover skills are simply NOT worth 10 mill...but that said, I wish it could be like AJ Hawk...release and re-sign him to a more appropriate contract....

awsomeears
02-16-2013, 05:00 PM
The dude Love OBAMA.........

I'm Glad he is OUT OF HEAR !!!

But seriously he is getting older, sucks but Ted Thompson knows what he is doing !

spooln30
02-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Knows what he's doing? Ill bet you they resign AJ Hawk. Smart I think not. Perfect example, AP ran for over 400 yards against us with Woodson out. The playoff game vs MN with Woodsons help held him to under a 100. Even though he's old he still useful in other ways than just playing. He helps the other guys on the teak as well. That you cant replace. I'm not saying he's worth 10 mill but I'd pay him 3.5 for one more year. If he sucked there wouldn't be so many teams already interested in signing him. Nuf said.

Prince Valiant
02-16-2013, 10:50 PM
If he sucked there wouldn't be so many teams already interested in signing him. Nuf said.And whoever he signs with won't give him anything close to 10 million. That's just the simple fact of the matter...the 10 mil he frees up in cap space will go a long way to filling the holes that let AP get nearly 400 yds on us...a LONG way.

JC70SS
02-17-2013, 09:36 PM
thank God another Obama supporter out of WI.

MY FYN 79
02-18-2013, 05:48 AM
Perfect example, AP ran for over 400 yards against us with Woodson out. The playoff game vs MN with Woodsons help held him to under a 100.

Um, pretty sure that Joe Webb had more to do with that than Woodson being back in. After the first few times Webb throws the ball and it hits the ground before the receiver, they focused a little more on the run. ;)

Packers D needs help, and even with Chuck in there it wasnt getting done.

Its no different than Driver. Heck of a guy like Chuck, but over his prime and thats just the way it is. Driver actually led the team in drops last season until "feet for hands" Finley took over that title.

The Shaolin
02-18-2013, 07:50 AM
From what I heard they had discussed restructuring his contract and Chuck wasn't interested. He's a great guy and I love how his career in GB worked out, but it was time to move on. Football is a business, that's how it works.