PDA

View Full Version : Bought a newish truck

Josepy
02-14-2013, 02:17 PM
2011 GMC Sierra All terrain crew cab. 22k miles. Loaded minus leather and nav. I didnt care for either anyway. Tonnesu cover, line x, gibson exhaust, windows tinted. Needs nothing and I got it for a fucking steal.
It was at Wilde Honda. Btw I would never get anything from them. Talk about a bunch of douche bags. They sold the truck for what the trade was for. They wanted it off there lot.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/josepy121380/IMG_20130214_090034_275_zpse0b10ab1.jpg

Prince Valiant
02-14-2013, 02:24 PM
What did you trade in?

Josepy
02-14-2013, 02:30 PM
What did you trade in?

Nothing. The post on fb about my Tahoe for sale was a joke. It actually sold on there in about 5 minutes after I posted it.

xxtremeteam
02-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Great looking truck

jbiscuit
02-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Still say it needs a blower

Josepy
02-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Still say it needs a blower

Send her over. I could always use a blower. Wife gets tired.

86GUTLASS
02-14-2013, 04:22 PM
I work there,saw you in the shop buying it yesterday. That's a nice truck. I can't stand the salesman who sold it to you. Lol

Josepy
02-14-2013, 04:23 PM
I work there,saw you in the shop buying it yesterday. That's a nice truck. I can't stand the salesman who sold it to you. Lol

Man those guys are some tools. Talked to another shop guy that seemed cool. You should of said hi.

86GUTLASS
02-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Didn't recognize you at first.By the time I realized who you were you were gone lol.

Yooformula
02-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Congrats! nice truck.

michelle
02-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Very nice!

Wagonbacker9
02-14-2013, 07:33 PM
I LOVE those wheels. Nice pick-up. (see what I did there?)

I can't believe they'd be pushing that off their lot now... in a few months sure.

Josepy
02-14-2013, 07:39 PM
I LOVE those wheels. Nice pick-up. (see what I did there?)

I can't believe they'd be pushing that off their lot now... in a few months sure.

It has been there awhile and they did not really promote it at all. I stole it. I was going to wait til fall for a truck but this came up and had to jump on it quick. lol

Yoo is going to have a busy spring with doing the TA, Infiniti and the Truck. All need a good detail.

nismodave
02-14-2013, 08:01 PM
nice truck

stealthy1ss
02-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Next thing to buy on Joe's list is a trailer. One step closer to a track car.

Josepy
02-14-2013, 09:32 PM

After I get a house. It is in the plans. Trust me on that.

-stew-
02-14-2013, 09:39 PM
I got six bucks that says it's gone before Labor Day.

Josepy
02-14-2013, 09:43 PM
I got six bucks that says it's gone before Labor Day.

Deal.

PureSound15
02-14-2013, 11:44 PM

That was me with him. That sales guy was terrible.

I'm driving it (before Joe drove down) and he's sitting in the passenger seat, still exhaling smoke and reading the window sticker to me. What a charmer.

jbiscuit
02-15-2013, 07:15 AM
Its Wilde. They don't care. Worst dealerships in the area. Nearly every person I have talked to about their dealings with Wilde are that they are terrible both in sales and service

Josepy
02-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Its Wilde. They don't care. Worst dealerships in the area. Nearly every person I have talked to about their dealings with Wilde are that they are terrible both in sales and service

I was amazed at the amount of sales people they have there as well. The whole ordeal was a cluster. Had the truck not been such a good deal I would have walked.

jbiscuit
02-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Yep. They have 50 sales people in there on a Monday at 2pm when the dealership is completely dead. No idea how those guys make any money when they each sell what 1-2 cars a month? LOL

Josepy
02-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Best part is when I left I had to hit this gong and everyone clapped. I yelled hooray I didnt buy a shitty honda. LOL

Wagonbacker9
02-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Best part is when I left I had to hit this gong and everyone clapped. I yelled hooray I didnt buy a shitty honda. LOL

AWESOME... if this wasn't recorded, slightly less awesome.

Slow Joe
02-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Yep. They have 50 sales people in there on a Monday at 2pm when the dealership is completely dead. No idea how those guys make any money when they each sell what 1-2 cars a month? LOL

Seeing that the store probably sells... 300+ Cars/month, I'd say they do alright. (And yes, I'm just talking about Honda, not combining stores).

They have what's called a turn. Once a unit hits a certian age they blow it out, instead of taking it to auction. Must have been one of those cars.

Nice lookin truck. Sounds like you stole it.

Josepy
02-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Seeing that the store probably sells... 300+ Cars/month, I'd say they do alright. (And yes, I'm just talking about Honda, not combining stores).

They have what's called a turn. Once a unit hits a certian age they blow it out, instead of taking it to auction. Must have been one of those cars.

Nice lookin truck. Sounds like you stole it.

Yeah they said 500 a month. Yes this was a blow out. Gonna have tom tune it next week and have the dod turned off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Prince Valiant
02-16-2013, 10:54 PM
Gonna have tom tune it next week and have the dod turned off.
Why have the dod off? I actually like the MDS on my hemi...though the earlier truck MDS's like mine only comes into play when slowing down, coasting, or down hills mostly...I'd actually like to have a light that shows when it kicks in.

Josepy
02-16-2013, 11:27 PM
Why have the dod off? I actually like the MDS on my hemi...though the earlier truck MDS's like mine only comes into play when slowing down, coasting, or down hills mostly...I'd actually like to have a light that shows when it kicks in.

Why not? It is lame and does nothing worth while. Also it is annoying. Sounds like a helicopter in 4cyl mode.

Prince Valiant
02-17-2013, 12:12 AM
Sounds like a helicopter in 4cyl mode.On mine, can't even hear it (of course, I'm also hard of hearing, lol)...they apparently designed the exhaust so it was virtually impossible to hear the diff b/w 8 and 4 cylinder mode; on yours it goes to a v4, whereas I *think* (but am not sure) it runs as an I4, which sounds far more similar to a v8 than the v4's do. Only way I can tell it was on is that I notice an ever so slight shudder as it kicks back to v8, so after the fact.

I can tell that there is less engine braking when coasting, one of the few times you can get the MDS to kick in a 100% of the time...

Josepy
02-17-2013, 01:24 AM
On mine, can't even hear it (of course, I'm also hard of hearing, lol)...they apparently designed the exhaust so it was virtually impossible to hear the diff b/w 8 and 4 cylinder mode; on yours it goes to a v4, whereas I *think* (but am not sure) it runs as an I4, which sounds far more similar to a v8 than the v4's do. Only way I can tell it was on is that I notice an ever so slight shudder as it kicks back to v8, so after the fact.

I can tell that there is less engine braking when coasting, one of the few times you can get the MDS to kick in a 100% of the time...

Yeah my truck came with Gibson exhaust so I can hear it and feel it. G8 I had was the same also. It annoys me more than anything.

Slow Joe
02-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I was thinking 500+, but I wanted to be more conservative since I didn't have the numbers in front of me...

brotherbenn83
02-19-2013, 10:33 AM
I traded a car to Wilde, they called me multiple times to ask me questions about my trade-in (for the purposes of reselling, like did you ever tow with it...) They even called once to ask if they could give my phone number to a potential buyer...FUCK NO! It was a $1500 car for fuck's sake!

Wagonbacker9
02-19-2013, 01:24 PM
I bought my Mazda from them, and I actually knew the prior owner, but they gave me his phone number as well.

Todd Z
02-19-2013, 07:08 PM

He said it not me!! Tell your wife.

Josepy
02-19-2013, 08:44 PM

He said it not me!! Tell your wife.

Todd you are zero help. Lol

mrz28M6
02-21-2013, 12:04 AM
who was your sales guy?

Crawlin
02-21-2013, 10:30 AM
I traded a car to Wilde, they called me multiple times to ask me questions about my trade-in (for the purposes of reselling, like did you ever tow with it...) They even called once to ask if they could give my phone number to a potential buyer...FUCK NO! It was a $1500 car for fuck's sake!

They have to ask that because the CUSTOMER asked for it. They cannot automatically give it out obviously, and would probably prefer you say no so you don't say anything like "i got $1500 for trade" when they have it on the lot for 5000, haha

we got asked it all the time no matter what the price of the vehicle

kevcuda
03-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Nice truck but find "They sold the truck for what the trade was for." hard to believe. I'm no expert but that seems like a rough way to stay in business.

Josepy
03-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Nice truck but find "They sold the truck for what the trade was for." hard to believe. I'm no expert but that seems like a rough way to stay in business.

They sell 500 Hondas there a month. They could have given two shits about what they got for the truck. They just wanted it gone. Sat on there lot for almost 60 days. They dropped the price 7 grand in 1 day. Trust me I shop around a lot for vehicles when I want one and wait for the best deal I can get.

Prince Valiant
03-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Nice truck but find "They sold the truck for what the trade was for." hard to believe. I'm no expert but that seems like a rough way to stay in business.Neither am I, but it's probably better than holding onto it as it depreciates more and possibly getting less than trade for it.

Plus, the space it takes up on the lot could be better filled by a car that sells readily.

edit:tree'd

Josepy
03-03-2013, 04:29 PM
who was your sales guy?

No clue. He told me when I got there and I really didn't pay much attention. I was more amazed by the amount of sale people they have there.