PDA

View Full Version : For those of you seeking ammo...

TheRX7Project
02-14-2013, 09:16 AM
http://www.gunbot.net/index.php?cal=223556

You can also filter the results to "in stock only" and sort by price per round.

Reverend Cooper
02-14-2013, 09:14 PM
i am so glad i have a bazillion rounds of everything the prices out there are retarded

-stew-
02-15-2013, 07:05 AM
My girlfriend bought me ammo for valentines day. Not enough, but it was still ammo.

-stew-
02-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Came home with 1500 rounds of .22LR today and 100 rounds of .40.

lit666
02-15-2013, 06:07 PM
Cabela's just stocked, 223 today, 10.99 for xtax 62 grn and 9.99 for aefederal. it's on the shelves now.

Wagonbacker9
02-15-2013, 06:28 PM

I call this: a good start.

Orangestripespecial
02-20-2013, 03:57 PM
If anybody is looking for steel mags, I have a few. 2 new in box, and a bunch with green (good) followers. All are 30 round. Email is winged70bbody2@hotmail... I don't check this very often, so just email me. I am not going to be cheap, but if you need them, I have them.
Also, while we are on the subject of sale/barter, I need a front sight put on my 870. I popped out the bead sight and the screw for the new sight is too small.

Russ Jerome
02-24-2013, 11:17 PM

Your the guy! I wanted to grab some simple 22lr today for a new gun, shelves empty!
Guns and ammo will NEVER be illegal in America, the hording is only hurting people who shoot :)

-stew-
02-25-2013, 09:36 AM
I'm just a guy who wants to go shooting too. That's why I bought bullets.

Lash
02-25-2013, 10:51 AM
As my Dad says...

I only need to have 1 bullet and be a better shot than you when shtf. Then I have all your ammo too.

Russ Jerome
02-25-2013, 02:10 PM
I know im just saying they are not going to confisgate all the ammo, the hoarding by most is kinda stupid.
I cant wait till these proposals get shot down again, back to $599 AR's and cheap bricks of 22 ammo.

TheRX7Project
02-26-2013, 04:40 AM
I know im just saying they are not going to confisgate all the ammo, the hoarding by most is kinda stupid.
I cant wait till these proposals get shot down again, back to $599 AR's and cheap bricks of 22 ammo.

Fo' Sho'

-stew-
02-26-2013, 07:48 AM

You're a fool if you think they won't/can't make guns and or ammo illegal. They already have on a federal level not to mention countless state laws saying what you can and cannot own. And if you allow me to go Art Bell for a minute, they don't need to ban ammo when DHS, TSA, FEMA, ect are buying up ammo as fast as it can be manufactured.

TheRX7Project
02-26-2013, 09:41 AM
You're a fool if you think they won't/can't make guns and or ammo illegal. They already have on a federal level not to mention countless state laws saying what you can and cannot own. And if you allow me to go Art Bell for a minute, they don't need to ban ammo when DHS, TSA, FEMA, ect are buying up ammo as fast as it can be manufactured.

This is true, however I find it highly unlikely they can ban any ammo. Make it prohibitively expensive, sure. Make it scarce (as it already is) sure. However banning any specific caliber or just ammo in general is pretty pointless. This goes back to the hunting supporters- .223 is a common hunting caliber, as is .308, so on and so forth. Not to mention there are already so many people with stockpiles, plus reloading supplies...

Even in the panic, even with supplies being eaten up by the government, I've bought .22LR, .223, and .308 all locally, all for reasonable (although a little higher) prices.

Russ Jerome
02-26-2013, 11:10 PM
4yrs ago, 8yrs ago, 12yrs back, 16yrs ago and 20yrs ago....I've seen this ever 4yrs just different faces.
Years ago it was a much smaller group including myself buying guns, now all the cool kids do it.

The ammo thing has gone overboard, never heard about DHS, TSA, FEMA or others buying it???
Assumed it was uninformed kids filling closets with ammo they will never shoot or need.

I have 20+ yr old 308 ammo ready to blow a hole in my front door the day someone says they are there to gather it.

TheRX7Project
02-27-2013, 03:38 AM
Just google "DHS buying ammo" or "TSA buys ammo" and you'll see the government has been buying BILLIONS of rounds of ammo- and a lot of it is JHP or SP ammo- i.e. ammo non-compliant with the Geneva Convention (most of this ammo CAN'T be used for military action overseas, per law). So there's only 3 feasable explanations: either the government is planning a war against it's own people, it's trying to keep ammo out of our hands as much as possible (which ties into the first answer), or they plan on having DHS and TSA agents practice A LOT.

Also wanted to add that during the PEAK of the Iraq war, the government was only using about 5.5 million rounds per month. They bought enough ammo to last 20+ years AT THAT RATE.

-stew-
02-27-2013, 03:55 AM
I have 20+ yr old 308 ammo ready to blow a hole in my front door the day someone says they are there to gather it.

Weren't you bitching at me because I bought ammo you needed, because "you shoot?" Apparently you don't shoot much or or you're buying more ammo than you need and filling your closet in a childish and uninformed fashion.

SSDude
02-27-2013, 06:37 AM
Just google "DHS buying ammo" or "TSA buys ammo" and you'll see the government has been buying BILLIONS of rounds of ammo- and a lot of it is JHP or SP ammo- i.e. ammo non-compliant with the Geneva Convention (most of this ammo CAN'T be used for military action overseas, per law). So there's only 3 feasable explanations: either the government is planning a war against it's own people, it's trying to keep ammo out of our hands as much as possible (which ties into the first answer), or they plan on having DHS and TSA agents practice A LOT.

Also wanted to add that during the PEAK of the Iraq war, the government was only using about 5.5 million rounds per month. They bought enough ammo to last 20+ years AT THAT RATE.

And articles that say otherwise. http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/26/rumor-control-did-the-dept-of-homeland-security-recently-request-to-purchase-21600000-rounds-of-handgun-ammo/

-stew-
02-27-2013, 07:44 AM
That math doesn't make sense. An agency with 240,000 people in it orders 240,000 rounds of ammo? I would guess half are gun toting g-men, that's 120,000 guns that need bullets. That's not enough bullets. Even if its as low as 10% packing, that's barely adequate.

I know a g-man and when hes doing training, its nothing for him to put 2000 rounds down range. I think his weapons qualification is close to or over a hundred rounds.

SSDude
02-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Well they don't specify how frequently they make this purchase. It could be several times a year.

Russ Jerome
03-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Weren't you bitching at me because I bought ammo you needed, because "you shoot?" Apparently you don't shoot much or or you're buying more ammo than you need and filling your closet in a childish and uninformed fashion.

Closet full? No I just dont fire every round so I drive home without protection :)
I literaly have 23yr old ammo, before my son was born it was crap surplus then so 30yr old would be a good guess.

Liewise Im not a tard and dont have 22 ammo, Im not gonna go out target shooting with only a 333 pack left.
Im not going to go buying $500 of 22 ammo and leave a shelf empty when I do see it as well.