PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice

Slow5oh
02-11-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm not sure where to start with this, but I need some help.

I bought a 2013 Dodge Dart from Wilde Dodge in Waukesha, 2 weeks ago. I took delivery at night, and it was rainy/snowing so I didn't really get to go over the car. The next day, seeing the car cleaned up and in the daylight, I noticed it looked like absolute shit and that there was a pretty deep scratch on the passenger side door. It also looked like they dried my car with sandpaper, oh lets not forget that some idiot was welding and actually melted the rear glass so there were big knicks/weld bb's in my rear window. Clear coat scratches are one thing, but streaks/marring is another. So they take it in, and I sit at the dealer ship waiting for them to clean it up and when I'm going over it after it's supposedly done, I noticed a 2-3 chips in the paint, and a dent in the bumper. So now instead of having some clear coat scratches, I know have a dent in my rear bumper, and missing paint because some ass hat backed into something. They tell me to drop the car off so it can go to a glass shop, to have the glass repaired, well here's a no brainer...it's not repairable, so new glass has to go in. When I bring it in for everything to get taken care of, I go over the entire car, and write everything down, some piddly shit, but the fact it was done so half ass is what pissed me off. Marker still on the wheels, Engine bay covered in dirt, excess wax every where, plus the chips and scratches. They have my car for over a week, I finally go to get it today, and what do I find. The same scratches that were supposedly taken care of, some area where they tried to wet sand a factory fuck up in the paint, and wet sanded it down removing the color, and left it so now it's just white dots and 5-6 scratches through the paint on my passenger door, plus twice as many clear coat fuck ups, oh and sticky fruit punch shit in my cup holders, and a quarter tank of gas, when I brought it with a half of a tank.

I understand the clear coat shit and wasn't worried about that, irritated but something I can handle myself. But to be told my car is going to a body shop to be wet sanded and buffed, and see it the way it is when I pick it up, and then bring up the fact I know for a fact a buffer has never touched this car. I told him from the beginning not to try and sneak anything past me, I used to work for a restoration shop/detail/buff/wet sand all that crap on cars worth much more then anything I'll ever own, and when I brought it up, he blatantly lies and tries to tell me the" body shop did a complete buff job, so if those scratches where there, they would have said something"

I feel as though because I'm young I'm getting blown off like this, this is my first new car purchase, and it has been an absolute nightmare. Not to mention I'm sure it will help my resale/trade in seeing the rear glass, and rear bumper being replaced with less then 500 miles on the car.

I have one more person I'm going to talk to at the dealership for them to try and make this right, but I have a feeling it's not going to get me anywhere so I don't know what other actions to take. Their survey will be getting 0's, and a claim will be made with the BBB, but they're pretty much useless.

I tried to get some pictures of things, but it's hard with my lighting.

Hard to see, but this pretty much how the entire clear coat looks
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn293/quick93fox/P1000311.jpg

Wetsand/White dots/more clear coat scratches
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn293/quick93fox/P1000309.jpg

Again, hard to see, but this how the entire hood looks
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn293/quick93fox/P1000310.jpg

First scratch on the passenger door about 2" long
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn293/quick93fox/P1000312.jpg

Two more scratches on the passenger door
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn293/quick93fox/P1000313.jpg

More scratches through the paint on the passenger door
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn293/quick93fox/P1000314.jpg

last scratch on the passenger door
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn293/quick93fox/P1000308.jpg

Excess wax all around the trim, in the gas tank/mirrors
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn293/quick93fox/P1000315.jpg

Rear window, there was 6 or 7 of these
http://i.imgur.com/8SgNMjs.jpg

paul69 chevelle
02-11-2013, 08:11 PM
I hate to say it but you never buy something in the dark at this point it's your word against theirs. unless you have a way to prove that it was like that when you picked it up that night

jbiscuit
02-11-2013, 08:18 PM
You tried dealing with them. Its time to try something else. It's Wilde after all, they don't give a shit about you or your car. I won't deal with them ever again back when I tried buying a CRV for my wife there. It's crazy to me they are still in business with no customer service at all!

I would squawk to contact 6. Outline everything in detail and tell Katrina you'd even be happy to do an on-camera on-location but if that would help. At this point they have probably made things worse so can they even make it right at this point? Just don't be afraid to get a lawyer, involve the media etc. All too often, dealerships just brush customers off like this and feel they can get away with it. It's frustrating and not right!

Sucks man but hope you can get something positive to happen.

Slow5oh
02-11-2013, 08:21 PM
I honestly feel as though, if they did do a wetsand and buff, the paint is probably too far gone to actually correct now :/

I forgot about contact 6!

I'm calling Chrysler USA on Wednesday, tomorrow I'm going to talk to one more person at the dealership and see if they aren't a bit more helpful.

Slow5oh
02-11-2013, 08:23 PM
I hate to say it but you never buy something in the dark at this point it's your word against theirs. unless you have a way to prove that it was like that when you picked it up that night

It was brought to their attention immediately which is why they said they would take care of everything, but clearly they didn't actually take care of anything. The car does have a new bumper, and glass, but everything else looks worse than before

Lash
02-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Wilde Dodge sucks. I had a rear axle seal on my ram replaced under warranty and figured that while it was there they could change the oil. I picked it up after the service department was closed and as I'm walking out to my truck I notice a puddle under it. Sure as shit....3-4 thread holding the oil plug in. I had to crawl under the truck and tighten it myself so i could drive it hone. the next day i called and all I got was a "we're very sorry and we'll let the tech know". I shoulda drove it and got a new motor....

Lash
02-11-2013, 08:28 PM
If I were you I'd want a new car. They've already fucked that one up too much.

Slow5oh
02-11-2013, 08:32 PM
I do want a new car but I don't see that as an option and at this point, I'd like to just be able to enjoy my new car, so long as it's properly repaired.

paul69 chevelle
02-11-2013, 08:39 PM
It was brought to their attention immediately which is why they said they would take care of everything, but clearly they didn't actually take care of anything. The car does have a new bumper, and glass, but everything else looks worse than before

I see what your saying now....so couldn't you just take it to a body shop and have them give you a quote to fix it and then take that quote to your dealer and tell them heres whats messed up with the paint job and they have to pay it.. idk just tryin to come up with ideas.....good luck to you man

paul69 chevelle
02-11-2013, 08:43 PM
also couldnt you tell the dealer that they have to fix the paint job otherwise you're going to take it and have it fixed yourself and then sue them for that money. then maybe they'll shut up and fix it

Wagonbacker9
02-11-2013, 08:46 PM
also couldnt you tell the dealer that they have to fix the paint job otherwise you're going to take it and have it fixed yourself and then sue them for that money. then maybe they'll shut up and fix it

You're assuming you can win that suit, which wouldn't be easy.

Slow5oh
02-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Taking it to a shop, and trying to get reimbursed for the money would be a huge battle for me, they have much more money than I do and probably better lawyers.

I'm going to talk to one more manager tomorrow, Call Chrysler USA wednesday, submit a report with the consumer protection agency, and then contact 6.

Yooformula
02-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Since the car is brand new, I would keep taking it in to get repaired and make sure there is a service order for EVERYTIME you go in and have gone in for service. Then I would file under the lemon law! That corner shot you showed has some deep scuff marks and on an edge no less! make each problem a visit to waste their time and keep the car in the shop as often as possible with as many issues as you can. If you decide to go the lemon law route or try to sue, you should get a few pro types to perhaps give you estimates or assessments to use as supporting docs.

If you wanted to not deal with them and just fix it....most of those issues could be rectified(based off of the pics). If the scratches dont catch your nail too bad, they might be able to come out, it would be a benefit if they indeed did NOT sand or attempt to buff the paint if you wanted to salvage it(leaves more material to work with). Dealership porters cut very fast and hard using a rotary and wool pads(all of those rids, marring and swirls) not leaving much for the future in terms of polishing.

Slow5oh
02-11-2013, 10:22 PM
I haven't got a service report for ANYTHING, it seems to be all off the books or something.

I was actually going to ask if you could take a look at it, and if you think you can revive it.

Rifleman WI
02-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Shoulda just bought a new Subi...

Slow5oh
02-11-2013, 11:13 PM
no need for two

Prince Valiant
02-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Wilde honda overtorqued the drain plug on my insight back when I owned that...ended up getting a new oil pan (full cost with labor was 1800+ bucks :wow: )

I expected more of a hassle...service manager takes me into his office and ask "You ever change the oil on your own car?"

"On all of them except the insight...."

"There are no oil spots on your driveway?"

"Well, I have a bunch of old dodges....of course there are...."

They covered it.

Be persistent and act reasonable. Look around and see if this is a common issue with the new darts and if this might be a factory issue and thus eligible for warranty work.

Rifleman WI
02-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Whatever Sir!

no need for two

Yooformula
02-12-2013, 12:26 AM
I haven't got a service report for ANYTHING, it seems to be all off the books or something.

I was actually going to ask if you could take a look at it, and if you think you can revive it.

If the car was in service and tech touched it under warranty, I am sure there is a paper trail for it unless they are that shady. You may have to nicely ask for the complete vehicle history but its there.

If you would like me to take a look at it, give me a call pretty much anytime during the day and we can meet up unless you are in the area to just drop by for an eval. In the very least, you may be able to get them to pay for it....I have had 3 dealerships pay to have their messups fixed to avoid further issues.

Car Guy
02-12-2013, 12:38 AM

This does not surprise me what so ever and is probably what happened.

Slow5oh
02-12-2013, 11:20 AM
If the car was in service and tech touched it under warranty, I am sure there is a paper trail for it unless they are that shady. You may have to nicely ask for the complete vehicle history but its there.

If you would like me to take a look at it, give me a call pretty much anytime during the day and we can meet up unless you are in the area to just drop by for an eval. In the very least, you may be able to get them to pay for it....I have had 3 dealerships pay to have their messups fixed to avoid further issues.

I don't think any of this has been "warranty" because it's all dealership error. My signature has not been put on anything other then my PCM update, and the purchase contract.

Not sure where you're located. I live in Big Bend, Work in Waukesha, I'm off Tomorrow all day

This does not surprise me what so ever and is probably what happened.

77thor
02-12-2013, 03:28 PM
I feel your pain...

Wilde Toyota on S. 108th Street is just as bad.
I will never go there again.

BAD LS1
02-12-2013, 03:51 PM
What a fuck story! I had similar happen with Holz and a trailblazer SS I bought there. Whole driver side had been painted at some point. Mind you it was a brand new vehicle! Again winter didn't notice till first spring cleaning. Found a warranty claim paid by GM on the paint repair and that it was a dealer trade...

Took holz 4 different repairs to get it acceptable! They and GM did split 2 months of payments though.

I'd be all about a replacement dart at this point!

blackmage
02-12-2013, 04:22 PM
I didnt read the whole thing, but isnt there some sort of return policy as well if you are not satisfied? I know we do a 30 day on new vehicles at the GM/Toyota dealership i work for.

Moparjim
02-12-2013, 04:26 PM
The only Dodge dealer in town is Dodge City out on Capital as far as I am concerned - Cal Anderson works there as well.
Ewald and Wilde are real bad...

Slow5oh
02-13-2013, 07:29 AM
Called dodge yesterday, she called and talked to a manager, he copped and attitude with me, and discredit my previous work place, and practices. Also said I can bring it in again for mander to buff, but clearly they have no clue what they're doing.

So I called dodge again after my talk with him, and she is going to talk to the General manager about trying to get me reimbursed for CMG to take care of it.

OH YEAH, and dodge has none of this on record, and there is no paperwork because it's all off the books.

Irish
02-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Called dodge yesterday, she called and talked to a manager, he copped and attitude with me, and discredit my previous work place, and practices. Also said I can bring it in again for mander to buff, but clearly they have no clue what they're doing.

So I called dodge again after my talk with him, and she is going to talk to the General manager about trying to get me reimbursed for CMG to take care of it.

OH YEAH, and dodge has none of this on record, and there is no paperwork because it's all off the books.

Unethical business practices says what?

Slow5oh
02-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks to yoo everything will be taken care off

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yooformula
02-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Glad its going to be taken care of finally. Soon enough, you can take delivery of your new car the way it was supposed to be! I still cant believe the kind of crap that dealerships try to push off on people.

Here are some eval shots if you need them Austin. http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/gallery/2013-Dodge-Dart

A 50/50 shot of the taillight lens....even this was butchered!
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/2013-Dodge-Dart/tail_light_after_50_50.sized.jpg

This trunk lid shot barely touches the surface of how bad this paint is
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/2013-Dodge-Dart/trunk_lid_before_3.sized.jpg

Slow5oh
02-13-2013, 08:35 PM
Thanks again! I can't wait to get the whole thing finished.

awsomeears
02-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Slow5oh you must have patient of steel.......

Let me get this straight, its a 2013 Brand New Car correct ?

There shouldn't even be 1 scratch on it, its Fucking New !!!

Yoo is a pro and knows his shit hands down, he is the Best !

Slow5oh
02-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Lol i have a very short fuse but have learned yelling and being an asshole gets no one anywhers

wikked
02-13-2013, 10:15 PM
jesus christ... that looks like 10 year old paint that's been through an auto-wash a thousand times.

Rifleman WI
02-14-2013, 12:09 AM
I need to learn this. Yoo also does amazing work! I cant wait to see it after he Un-Fucks it.

Lol i have a very short fuse but have learned yelling and being an asshole gets no one anywhers

Wagonbacker9
02-14-2013, 08:48 AM
I need to learn this. Yoo also does amazing work! I cant wait to see it after he Un-Fucks it.

This... very much this.

Waver
02-14-2013, 09:34 AM
Austin, what you did was the right way to go about it. Unfortunatly, Wilde is one of those shady dealerships who dont give a shit about the customers. Now, I could go on and on about what a dealerships minimum responsibility to the customer is, and in this case, Wilde met that (replacing the glass under warranty, fixing the dent, ect) however, in my opinion (and what I have done for customers) they could of done more.

Just so every one on here is clear: As per Wisconsin state law, when you buy a new or used vehicle, unless it is an off site sale (like a stadium sale), there is no such thing as a 3 day or 30 day return policy. The only exception to this, other than an off site sale, is when the manufacturer or dealership advertises that they do something like that and/or puts it in writing. The only manufacturer that I can think of off the top of my head that does this would be Chrysler, and I dont think they are offering that promotion any more.

With that being said, this dosnt mean that you dont have any rights. In this instance, if Austin had everything documentated that there was work preformed, and it was not done to his satisfaction three times, he could of taken it back under the lemmon law. In Toms case, if the vehicle was damaged and there was more than I believe 6% (I could be off on the percentage) of the cost of the car in total damage, they couldnt sell the vehicle as new. From the sounds of it, they probably knew about it, tom caught it, and in an effort to make him happy ate payments....

Austin, you dealt with this the right way. You kept taking it back and did not scream and shout.........