PDA

View Full Version : "Pipeline" Up north mudding

Sprayaway Fox
02-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Im looking at small place in Amberg. I hear things that this is around where for Memorial day weekends alot of trucks go mudding. Where exactly is this? Do people pull you out if you get stuck? Im going up to check out the area this weekend and wouldnt mind to see what or where it actually is.

Also anybody have directions and if you had a 01 stone stock ram what things would be a good mod to have a lil fun but not get stuck everwhere. I just always hear about it like its a mythical figure so wouldnt mind preparing the truck for some fun. Thanks.

Prince Valiant
02-04-2013, 10:46 PM
I've looked this up too...unfortunately, didn't get too much in terms of directions.

Sounds to me that some parts can be very very difficult, especially during wetter months. It seems that if you're reasonably competent and have a good spotter and it's not too wet, many solid axle 4x4's, or those w/ decent suspension travel can make it around. Some harder portions have bypasses it seems, since the pipeline should be servicable...

03Seville
02-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Not sure on specifics but a friend of mine was able to pull through it in his 1st gen Explorer with 2in lift.

He got stuck once but another truck going by pulled him out, otherwise he said that theirs bypass trails for all the big truck stuff.

The Shaolin
02-07-2013, 12:12 PM
The reason I got out of the 4x4 scene is that unless you have land, there's not much place to go. The pipeline used to be 28 miles (I think) of continuous trail...now most of it is closed, there's something like 7 miles left, and it isn't continuous. People go in with huge mud trucks with 44" tires and dig huge mud holes...they've had to close down several sections because the actual pipeline was exposed.

Check out wi4x4.com if you haven't already, they have info on pipeline trips, other 4x4'ing, and what you should bring to the trails.

outlawgibbs
02-07-2013, 01:16 PM
The memorial weekend event is at Dresser. Its on the west side of the state on the border. Its a good time, I've gone a few years

73MACH
02-07-2013, 03:51 PM
The reason I got out of the 4x4 scene is that unless you have land, there's not much place to go. The pipeline used to be 28 miles (I think) of continuous trail...now most of it is closed, there's something like 7 miles left, and it isn't continuous. People go in with huge mud trucks with 44" tires and dig huge mud holes...they've had to close down several sections because the actual pipeline was exposed.

Check out wi4x4.com if you haven't already, they have info on pipeline trips, other 4x4'ing, and what you should bring to the trails.

This is very true. When I went, we would camp out by the "unpassable" hole and watch the trucks with the monster tires and lifts get stuck. I took my ranger out to the pipeline one night while partying at a friends that had a house pretty much on the pipeline, needless to say, I came out of there with a slightly bent frame. I do not recommend taking your dd through there unless you are bypassing the holes. BUT, it was fun as shit while it lasted! I actually made it through quite a few holes with the "off road" edition ranger with some nicer 33's. Ill see if I can get you some sort of map for it.

73MACH
02-07-2013, 04:06 PM
We used to enter on Martin Lane just east of the town of crooked lake on hwy W. If you look on google maps, follow hwy W west out of crivitz until you see boundry lake, in between boundry lake and Dell lake is martin Lane, there is clearly a road that crosses hwy w and martin lane....that's the middle of the pipeline. From there, you can scroll up or down to see where you want to access it.

Hope this helps