PDA

View Full Version : Shop with refrigerant sniffer

03CVLX
01-31-2013, 05:18 PM
I need to find a reputable a/c shop that has a refrigerant sniffer tool. I still need to fix the A/C in my Vic, and we put more dye in the system but can't find any evidence of a leak. They are beginning to think evaporator core but I am not letting the dash come apart on a hunch just to check if there may be an easier way. If anyone knows a great place to take it on the south side of Milwaukee reply here or shoot me a pm Please.

Thanks,

Tom

LIL EVO
01-31-2013, 06:21 PM
I have a decent harbor freight electronic one you can "rent".

I'm east of 6 mile and 32.

awsomeears
01-31-2013, 07:15 PM
If they pumped Dye into it and its still leaking but there are no signs of the DYE with a UV light its in the EVAP !

Same thing with residential A/C systems Ive worked on, if I see nothing in the A-coil ( Basement ) its outside !!!

03CVLX
01-31-2013, 07:48 PM
If they pumped Dye into it and its still leaking but there are no signs of the DYE with a UV light its in the EVAP !

Same thing with residential A/C systems Ive worked on, if I see nothing in the A-coil ( Basement ) its outside !!!

The only signs of dye is directly below the high pressure port for the a/c on the metal tube that leads into the Evap core. I am not sure if that means the evap core is bad or if there could be just an O ring in there that is bad. The shop I had it at did not believe it was leaking from that port but that is the only dye visible anywhere.