PDA

View Full Version : A bitchin camaro

Wagonbacker9
01-20-2013, 12:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=3EaCnDCsslM

Unless I'm missing something, the turbos are plumbed basically to the same location they draw their air from so they do nothing...

twicks69
01-20-2013, 02:04 PM
It looks like someone threw essentially nonfunctional twin turbos on it. I hope he can make "800hp" on a supercharged big block plus 200shot of juice.

Someone wasted a shitpile of money on it, AND doesn't know shit about it.

Tim Zimmer - TMZ Performance
Sent from Evo Phone via Tapatalk2

outlawgibbs
01-20-2013, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=3EaCnDCsslM

Unless I'm missing something, the turbos are plumbed basically to the same location they draw their air from so they do nothing...

If you look the turbos are plumbed from the scoop to the turbos and then back up the back side of the motor to a plate under the scoop into the supercharger so he must have the scoop blocked off from the supercharger so they all work together.

Prince Valiant
01-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Not sure how that's supposed to work? Maybe they divorced the top of the intake? So that the supercharger has to draw air past the turbo's, in effect spinning it, and then the carbs are have a blow thru boost box/hat on it? (/treed by above)

14-71 supercharger though...that's a big ass supercharger, lol.

I'd almost be disappointed that this was all on a 468ci....hell, why not go with a 600+++, or even a 700+ci chevy?

But I don't know...I mean, that thing strikes me like the pamela anderson of cars. Looks pretty impressive and cool if you got it...but aside from looking the part, there are FAR many other cars I'd rather have.

Russ Jerome
01-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Not a fan of the setup but from 6:30 on you can see the charge air does meet intake at supercharger rotor, compound setup. The upper turbo intake pipes are inlets, with everything coated it looks backwards. Agreed a waste of money but it apears 30% functional and 70% useless.

Korndogg
01-20-2013, 04:42 PM
I cringe every time I see this car. Most guys on the camaro board I'm on bust a nut over this car. I just don't see it. I think its ugly as hell.

Wagonbacker9
01-20-2013, 05:37 PM
Not a fan of the setup but from 6:30 on you can see the charge air does meet intake at supercharger rotor, compound setup. The upper turbo intake pipes are inlets, with everything coated it looks backwards. Agreed a waste of money but it apears 30% functional and 70% useless.

I'm going to disagree with you.. and heres why: what I assume is the BOV, has its reference tube hooked up to the turbo inlet, and the outlet is plumbed back above the carbs. Unless there is a barrier between the huge red scoop, and the aluminum block below it, those turbos are doing jack shit.

Either way, ridiculous none the less. I'll never understand dropping that much money on a show car at all, let alone dropping that much money on PERFORMANCE parts for a show car.

Lash
01-20-2013, 06:16 PM
There could be a "check valve" of sorts.

twicks69
01-20-2013, 06:18 PM

I guess I would need to see it on a larger screen than my cell phone to really notice or care.

Either way, totally mismatched setup personally, and ridiculously over the top.

GTSLOW
01-20-2013, 10:00 PM
http://scottiedtv.blogspot.com/2012/06/1969-camaro-ss-twin-turbosuperchargedni.html

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-m5VvJCAe9TU/T9-oORKx20I/AAAAAAAAANw/n-gJVW44FFY/s1600/100_3094.JPG

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jZChczKkpqc/T9-oGwBgXGI/AAAAAAAAANk/0-rwrOWitH0/s1600/100_3093.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vLihMeAZr3g/T9-n3GgAKoI/AAAAAAAAANU/X1uU6hBOvu8/s1600/100_3091.JPG

twicks69
01-21-2013, 02:33 AM
Thank you for the better photos, it shows the plumbing much better than trying to pause a video on a phone screen LOL. I still don't understand why you would be sending the pressurized airflow post throttle body into the intake manifold since your throttle plates are essentially cracked open at idle and full open under full throttle so you are only essentially sending extra hot air into the supercharger inlet. Am I seeing this right? Or is there another throttle plate in the section the intercooler piping re-enters the intake, and it is a seperate pressurized chamber from the intake plenum inlet where the compressor cover inlets are drawing air?

It is still a clusterfuck.

Irish
01-21-2013, 06:09 AM
Those ground effects and steering wheel offend me.

kevcuda
01-21-2013, 10:46 AM
That video was a fail. should have ran the thing down the track or something

twicks69
01-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Those ground effects and steering wheel offend me.

The fact that this guy destroyed a camaro by making it into this offends me. He probably has a couple hundred thousand in the car because it is clear he didn't do the work and was shop made. I am assuming that the matching semi truck and trailer behind the car is his rig too. It would make sense considering the fact the car is so over the top that it would have another several hundred thousand dollars spent on a tow rig.

GTSLOW
01-21-2013, 12:10 PM
That video was a fail. should have ran the thing down the track or something

Why? We all know that thing would be a fail in the 1/4. I bet the "NOS" bottles aren't even filled.

73MACH
01-21-2013, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=twicks69;747097]Thank you for the better photos, it shows the plumbing much better than trying to pause a video on a phone screen LOL. I still don't understand why you would be sending the pressurized airflow post throttle body into the intake manifold since your throttle plates are essentially cracked open at idle and full open under full throttle so you are only essentially sending extra hot air into the supercharger inlet. Am I seeing this right? Or is there another throttle plate in the section the intercooler piping re-enters the intake, and it is a seperate pressurized chamber from the intake plenum inlet where the compressor cover inlets are drawing air?

This is what I thought, but not knowing too much on turbos or SC's, I didn't want to say something dumb and then be crucified for it.....:shades

73MACH
01-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Irish, I personally think that would look better than your SVO steering wheel.:goof

Irish
01-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Irish, I personally think that would look better than your SVO steering wheel.:goof

Sasquatch thinks so too ;)

Prince Valiant
01-21-2013, 01:04 PM
My guess is the guy was a lottery winner...

-stew-
01-22-2013, 06:32 AM
This car reminds me of every prostreet car built in the late 80's-early 90's. And that's not a good thing.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

kevcuda
01-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Why? We all know that thing would be a fail in the 1/4. I bet the "NOS" bottles aren't even filled.

Cars are met to be driven. If it was a fail even more of a reason to watch it down the track.

GHOSST
02-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Cars are met to be driven. If it was a fail even more of a reason to watch it down the track.

You seem to be missing the point. Of course they don't want to run it down the track, then the car would be exposed for what it is, a shiny toy. Cars are meant to be driven, but this one was just made to look the part.

lordairgtar
02-03-2013, 02:05 PM
We had a saying back in the 60s....all show and no go.