PDA

View Full Version : Time for Capers to go.

GTSLOW
01-13-2013, 09:44 PM
Welp I guess I'll be hopping on the fire Dom Capers band wagon.

spooln30
01-16-2013, 01:32 AM
I totally agree. What Woodson said after them game that NO changes where made on defense really pissed me off. There's gonna be a lot go guys gone. Is it me or does McCarthy need to go as well. Rogers didn't look the same at all this year. Like the play calling was the same plays every game and Rodgers would stay in the pocket thus the high sack numbers. During out SB run they called plays for him to fake a hand off and scramble to the side throwing the ball deep and making a big play. I don't recall those types of plays at all this season. We didn't and couldn't finish off games, meaning no points in the second half. Recall the last game. I'm very disappointed with the Packers. I think we need to find some great players on free agency and not draft rookies anymore. We have enough and should focus on developing the ones we already got. We def need a stronger OL, and faster smarter and better tackling LB, safeties and corners. Another thing about the 49ers game, why did we stop running the ball in the second half? WTF? Ridiculous.

spooln30
01-16-2013, 01:34 AM
Btw Capers won't go anywhere at least for a couple years.

Crawlin
01-16-2013, 07:30 AM
They need to go back to HS football and learn to WRAP up and tackle.

Im getting sick of watching these 175lb (while strong yes) d-backs try and tackle a 200lb running back at full speed simply by crossing their arms and trying to hit him and make him fall. Wrap the FUCK up. These guys keep trying to tuck their head and throw their body in front of them and its a simple thing to avoid that from any decent runner

The Shaolin
01-16-2013, 08:02 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/52382/feisty-mike-mccarthy-defends-dom-capers

Players, not plays. The players didn't get it done last weekend against a bigger, faster team. Over the season, we lost three or four key, physical players from right out of the middle of our defense. Sounds like that's responsible for all the rushing yards, not one of the greatest defensive minds to ever coach the sport, who is fiercely defended by the people who actually know what is going on....

wikked
01-16-2013, 10:51 AM
They need to go back to HS football and learn to WRAP up and tackle.

Im getting sick of watching these 175lb (while strong yes) d-backs try and tackle a 200lb running back at full speed simply by crossing their arms and trying to hit him and make him fall. Wrap the FUCK up. These guys keep trying to tuck their head and throw their body in front of them and its a simple thing to avoid that from any decent runner

Looks more like they're still trying to strip the ball from everyone instead of tackle, like they did a couple years ago.

jbiscuit
01-16-2013, 11:32 AM
I t hink its time they clean house and start new. This same old tired recipe just isn't working against "good" teams. McCarthy needs to go, Capers needs to go....Rodgers is starting to looks a little weak out there also I agree with what Spooln said. He didn't scramble at ALL. I think we aren't getting the full story. He took some brutal sacks this year. Maybe he got stunned a couple times/mild concussion and hasn't recovered 100%

The Shaolin
01-16-2013, 11:47 AM
McCarthy needs to go

Protip: If you are the only one with an opinion, you are probably wrong. McCarthy's Packers have made the playoffs 5 out 7 years, with one world championship, and a 74-38 overall record. This winning percentage is sixth among active coaches. He is obviously a successful coach...why would you fire him? Who the hell are you going to get to replace him?

The coaches always get the blame, but how often are they at fault?

Read this...at least the first part. http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/_/id/8796354/firing-coaches-poetic-justice-nfl-there-no-guarantee-improvement

Car Guy
01-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Many players had a touch of the flu before and during 49er game. You can clearly see this on Rogers face in the second half if you look closely. Nobody deserves to or will be fired. The shitty thing is a few of the very popular players from the past few years will not be back next season for various reasons.

Korndogg
01-16-2013, 12:43 PM
It's going to be hard to see Driver and Jennings (most likely) go. I couldn't care less about Finley though.

Prince Valiant
01-16-2013, 12:46 PM
That's always the question...whom will you replace 'em with? I see no reason to get rid of either McCarthy nor Capers.

If I had to pick just one area of improvement for the pack, it would be their O-line. That's it.

The rest is actually pretty solid.

Crawlin
01-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Looks more like they're still trying to strip the ball from everyone instead of tackle, like they did a couple years ago.

That works 2% of the time. Meanwhile the other 98% they get free and get another 10 yards. Thats alot of extra yards. I was more talking about the tucked head tackles and pushes. Thete is a distinct difference between those and stripping the ball

jbiscuit
01-16-2013, 01:44 PM
The entire NFL is on to McCarthy's offense. So you either need to change the offense or change your coaching. Rodgers isn't 100% I'm telling you. Something is up with that guy. You can tell by his lack of movement in the pocket. Almost like he can't "sense" when guys are chasing him or something. He got sacked so many times its a wonder he can even stand up

LIL EVO
01-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Duh, Rogers has romo-itis with his new set of breast.

spooln30
01-17-2013, 11:28 AM
Although we went from 31st ranked D to a 16th place D this year, I don't think we would ever get to a top 5 with some of these guys we have now. Mathews no doubt is a beast but he plays so hard every down and that will cost him as it did this year. It's funny that it took a 37 yr old safety named Woodson to help stop AP in the 3rd meeting. Which is why I think Woodson should stay. Rogers is starting to look like just an average QB with this seasons performance and I agree that the other teams have figured out our formula on OF and shut us down this WHOLE season. Getting to the playoffs and winning the SB are two different things so who cares about McCarthys figures when he fails to make changes during each game to win. We had a team that should'veu been able to win the SB AT LEAST two times out of the last 3 season's. The players get prepared for each game by the coaches and get told what to do during each game so if no difference is being seen then what are the coaches good for? Woodson said NO changes where made on defense turning half time of the 49ers game and it showed. Fuck it showed all season on both sides of the ball. Why? Players or coaches? I say coaches and capers needs to go and maybe even McCarthy.

spooln30
01-17-2013, 11:36 AM
So let's stick to man coverage and keep Walden to cover Kaepernick? What a joke, Walden was so confused it looked like he was playing "Where's Waldo" .

Prince Valiant
01-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Rogers is starting to look like just an average QB with this seasons performance
Um, finished number 1 in QB rating this year with a 108.0 (15th highest of all time for a full season too btw!), completing 371 of 552 passes for a 67.1% (3rd overall), for 4295 (8th) yds, 39 TD's (2nd), 8 INT (lowest among qb's with at least 300 passing attempts all season).

Yup. Purtty average. :rolleyes:

DERP!

The Shaolin
01-17-2013, 12:54 PM
HAHA. Yep, our whole team is garbage and we need to fire the entire coaching staff!

You should probably just become a Browns fan so your crazy ranting makes sense.

wikked
01-18-2013, 03:37 AM
That works 2% of the time. Meanwhile the other 98% they get free and get another 10 yards. Thats alot of extra yards. I was more talking about the tucked head tackles and pushes. Thete is a distinct difference between those and stripping the ball

That's what I'm saying! It never works, and I end up screaming: "just fucking tackle them!" :P

MY FYN 79
01-18-2013, 06:10 AM
JMO-

If the Packers plan to keep their offensive gameplan the same, they need OL help. I understand Rodgers was minimally sacked against the 9ers and people say the OL played OK, but OK is not good enough. They need to be stronger so teams cant just rush minimal amounts of guys and frazzle #12. Getting more push from them would help the run too.

I'm no NFL coach, but it just seems the above and being more productive with the run would help the TOP and keep the defense off the field. Even "big and nasty" defenses could get worn out after being on the field for 38 minutes. I dont see them getting rid of Capers just yet. Couple recently drafted guys will be back in, and we'll see how they do their second year because regardless of the angry mobs right now, it was clear from the get-go it may take a season or two for the new guys to blossom.

VroomPshhTsi
01-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Wow, we don't make the Super Bowl and people are complaining already. We won the Super Bowl two years ago, settle down. We had a good year overall after a rough start. Yes we need a better defense and O-line. I think we could have a good RB in Harris. We are still best in our division. Just because we don't make/win the Super Bowl doesn't mean it's time to start firing everyone. Find something else to complain about.

MY FYN 79
01-19-2013, 05:35 AM
Wow, we don't make the Super Bowl and people are complaining already. We won the Super Bowl two years ago, settle down. We had a good year overall after a rough start. Yes we need a better defense and O-line. I think we could have a good RB in Harris. We are still best in our division. Just because we don't make/win the Super Bowl doesn't mean it's time to start firing everyone. Find something else to complain about.

I agree for the most part, but I also cant find fault in some of their logic because lets face it.. its not because they didnt make the super bowl. Its because the Pack got absolutely bitch slapped in the divisional round two years in a row, and also in the regular season by the same teams. Looking stout within the division and throughout most the regular season is great, but the Giants (and mean teams like them) are our kryptonite and somehow someway thats gotta change.

The Shaolin
01-21-2013, 02:26 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-too-soft-to-join-nfls-elite-2b8e22l-187611511.html

Players, not plays.

PB86MCSS
11-25-2013, 08:52 PM
Back from the dead, I was never on the "fire Capers" bandwagon last year, still think he is an ok coordinator, but with the lack of fire this defense has shown since Rodgers is out, it's time for a change. Unless they plan with their hair on fire the rest of the year, he's as good as gone and probably for the best to shake it up. I'd imagine sticking with the 3-4 though.

jbiscuit
11-26-2013, 08:11 AM
I would be totally fine with Capers going. Same tired old Defensive plays gets real old to watch