PDA

View Full Version : Head porting tools

Max 93
01-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Is there anywhere local that stocks Good carbide burrs for doing part matching and head work ?

spooln30
01-04-2013, 11:59 PM
I used to do tons for head porting and polishing well I still do some just not the volume I did a few years back but I searched around local at almost every possible store and I never found the good one. I just get them from my Matco Tool dealer. They offer a lifetime warranty on their bits. Do you know what styles and types you want? There are a lot of different shapes and ones for steel/cast iron and aluminum. I think you can buy the rolled sanding/polishing ones can be bought at Harbor Freight in a assortment set. Don't buy the stone type bits because they tend to clog fast and also buy the paste for the bits. It will help them last longer plus help keep them clean while porting.

jbiscuit
01-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Harbor Freight for the sanding rolls and arbors. I bought a bunch of carbide burrs from a dealer at Jefferson a few years ago. Very good quality. I also like the stones with a Dremel for better control and for blending the runners. Good luck!

Max 93
01-06-2013, 09:21 PM
I ended up ordering some online