PDA

View Full Version : tire help please...

hrsp
12-24-2012, 07:48 AM
so i need some opinions on tires for my sisters car...its a 02' accord...she needs a solid year round tire that is still decent in snow...thanks

03CVLX
12-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Michelins are really good tires. But the price is ridiculous. I had good luck previously with Kumho tires. Only issue is on my Crown Victoria is that I would swap to snow tires each winter so I can't really say which tires would be decent in snow.

Reverend Cooper
12-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Sam,Michelins for sure,any of the mxv4,energy,lattitude,pilot,defender series are great.

Car Guy
12-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Which size does her car have?

brotherbenn83
12-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Uniroyal Tiger Paw AWP II. The tire was originally developed as a BFG, then the design was sold to UR. Makes a decent year round tire at a reasonable price.

Prince Valiant
12-27-2012, 06:06 PM
I was happy with the Yokohama AVID tires I got for the wife's car. Did really well in snow until it got down to about 30% tread (as expected). An inexpensive tire but decent is the Fuzion Touring...

Slow Joe
12-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Continental Extreme Contact DWS. By far the BEST tire I've ever had on a car. Makes my 9-5 a tank in the snow. They're also reasonable.

DSMDuDE
12-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Continental Extreme Contact DWS. By far the BEST tire I've ever had on a car. Makes my 9-5 a tank in the snow. They're also reasonable.

What I have on the IS300. Still picked up a set of Blizzak LM-25's for winter. I agree. Great tire!

lilws6
12-28-2012, 11:03 AM
The michelin defender is what ive been putting on alot of cars lately at work. very nice tire quiet from what ive heard from customers and they usually will get the full 90k milage as long as you take care of the tires. I think i'll be putting these on the girls car when the money comes

spooln30
12-29-2012, 03:11 AM
For the money Uniroyal or Hankooks are the best options. Michelin is a good tire as well but they are pricey. Yolks and Continentals are junk. I've owned both brands and they both wore fast and the Continentals were really loud.
My dad and sister have Hankook Optimo H727 and they both love them. Dad has them on his Avalon and with 40k miles they are only half worn. I have a set of Hankook Ventus V12's on my Subaru and I like them a lot. I run snow tires in the winter but I drove my Dads car in the snow and his Hankooks perform very well.

gary0006
03-21-2013, 07:43 PM
I just bought some Hankooks tires, for the price they are awesome

For the money Uniroyal or Hankooks are the best options. Michelin is a good tire as well but they are pricey. Yolks and Continentals are junk. I've owned both brands and they both wore fast and the Continentals were really loud.
My dad and sister have Hankook Optimo H727 and they both love them. Dad has them on his Avalon and with 40k miles they are only half worn. I have a set of Hankook Ventus V12's on my Subaru and I like them a lot. I run snow tires in the winter but I drove my Dads car in the snow and his Hankooks perform very well.