PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Straight Talk Phone Plans

mr.gone1985
12-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Is there anyone using this for thier cell phone carrier? Wondering how you like it and negatives of it?

03CVLX
12-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Is there anyone using this for thier cell phone carrier? Wondering how you like it and negatives of it?

I had it and I liked it alot. I had it when it first came out though before they had their smart phone options. That was the one and only reason I went back to AT&T.

Around here I believe they piggy back off the T-mobile towers. To get an idea of the coverage.

wrath
12-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Monthly4g on T-Mobile. Buy a SIM for .99 and put it in whatever you want. I have mine in a Nexus 4.

My only complaint is that there is no "statement" each month.

nismodave
12-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Not Wal Mart Straight Talk.....But I switched from Sprint to Virgin Mobile.....Saving a crapload of $....Same service.

pOrk
12-18-2012, 04:36 AM
Walmart sucks

BR3W CITY
12-20-2012, 11:17 PM
how are they for data? I have unlimited from sprint, and I DO use a good amount of data, but I would really like the flake-ability of being able to change phones/carriers/companies that the straight-talk type plans offer.

Korndogg
12-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Anything walmart can suck it. Don't support that shit company.

-stew-
12-21-2012, 04:06 AM
They are the suck, but they do got them hunnerd bricks of 40 cal for $35...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

mr.gone1985
12-21-2012, 06:56 AM
Are there other companies like StraightTalk? Doesn't Verizon have something similar? I know US Cellular does but not as good of pricing as Straight Talk.

03CVLX
12-21-2012, 08:07 AM
Are there other companies like StraightTalk? Doesn't Verizon have something similar? I know US Cellular does but not as good of pricing as Straight Talk.

I just saw Verizons version at Walmart of all places. Its 50 a month for a dumbphone. Unlimited minutes and texts and only 1 gig of data. It is 80 a month for a smart phone, again unlimited text and talk but only 1 gig of data.. Almost double the price of Straight talk.

When I had my dumbphone thru straight talk the net worked just ok, but it wasn't a nice browser or anything so I can't exactly fault the service for that. Never seemed to have any major data outages or anything though, it worked fine for what I was using at the time.

I also like that you can now just buy a sim card for an existing At&T or T-mobile phone you already own and a service card for 60 bucks + taxes and your all set. Do it right on their website and never set foot in a walmart. Straight talk is a division of Tracphone, Walmart is just the store that sells it if you don't order it online.

nismodave
12-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Not Wal Mart Straight Talk.....But I switched from Sprint to Virgin Mobile.....Saving a crapload of $....Same service.

And I like it so far.