PDA

View Full Version : mortgage guys check in!

CATNHAT
12-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Who?
What Rate?
Where?
When?

ABSOLUTELY will not deal with Harris.

Looking for leads on the deals. Rates are pretty much the same its the fees and closing costs that suck.

Feel free to chime in!

TIA!:thumbsup

Wagonbacker9
12-03-2012, 10:07 PM
I had a very good experience with my Wells Fargo mortgage, but seeing as I work for them I don't know what the usual closing costs are. I could give you the contact I used to set up the loan if you like.

michelle
12-03-2012, 10:14 PM
I <3 my land contract, so I am no help.

DerangedPony
12-03-2012, 11:03 PM
First mortgage? U.S. Bank has a amazing program for first time buyers called "American Dream". Basically it's a regular mortgage but they don't require PMI insurance even if you put down only 3%. In return, you do have to do a couple extra steps like taking a 2 day home buying class, $1000 cash that gets rolled into your % down and the home needs to pass inspection 100%. We are happy we went with them and they work with less then great credit (better then landmark where they wouldn't even talk to us because of my wife's credit).

As far as closing cost, make the sellers pay for that. We wrote a deal where the sellers had to pay all closing cost and they also paid for a home warranty for the first year. Because the way the loan worked, we only needed to pay $.45 when we closed on our home.

WickedSix
12-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Went through Jason Marsh at MSI near Gerkes Corners, worked very hard to give us the best options available.

Gregor
12-04-2012, 10:53 PM
We went with a guy called Dan M. I have his business card around here somewhere. Worked the banks pretty hard, and got us a great rate. PM and I will get you his info.