PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye TWC hello Uverse! 12mb High speed for 35/month

pOrk
11-17-2012, 06:32 PM
TWC upped their price to 52/ month on our last bill so I finally decided to switch and sooo happy with my decision this far. We always averaged 4-6 mb down and .4-.5 up with TWC and I'm averageing 11 down and 1.6 up on Uverse, we are locks in for a year at 35/month. So far so good :)

Rocket Power
11-17-2012, 06:43 PM
I wish we could get that here, but apparently the west side of Stallis is to much in the sticks.

Crawlin
11-18-2012, 08:02 AM
which package did you do? just internet or tv and internet?

i'm looking to finally get some cable in my house, haha

Wagonbacker9
11-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Looks like their 3mpbs package is te $35 one, how'd you swing the faster package for that price?

pOrk
11-18-2012, 09:29 AM
http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/index.jsp?shopFilterId=500001&ref_from=shop&address_id=undefined&ref_from=shop&zip=&source=EC00m7BKV00V41V0P#fbid=c3wOj5dhWt-

New customer price when you sign up for 12 months is 29.95/month plus 100 for wireless gateway / modem thing so price works out closer to like 38/month but then do not sign up for paperless billing until the end they will offer you a 10 dollar credit for signing up for paperless and it will bring it down to ust under 37/month for 12 months :)

Yooformula
11-18-2012, 09:33 AM
call them every 6 months or so and ask them for specials or tell them about twc pricing incentives and they will give you more discounts or freebies.

kornholio788
11-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Nice switch. Dumped tw myself like 4 months ago for uverse. Couldn't be happier. TW isn't even close to the level that uverse is on.

jbiscuit
11-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Uverse ftw. We had it at the last house. Awesome service. Like Yoo said, call every 5-6 months and threaten to leave then and they'll offer you more deals. We were laying like $42/month in stallis Jamie and it was outstanding. New house has TW and its been ok but $$$. Need a couple more houses in the neighborhood to push for it and then they'll do it. Can't wait! I've got 3 neighbors already to switch when they do. Good call going with them

73MACH
11-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Good 2 know! Tw upped my bill also. They gave me a free modem when I signed up 4 years ago & now they want me to pay monthly for it. Bait & switch... I called & threatened to leave & was told they would take the modem lease charge for this month but then its goin back on. I said that's fine, ill be checkin into other options & cancelling my service before the month is up & they didn't budge an inch. Bastards! 3rd time this year my bill went up.

Thanks pork!

Rocket Power
11-18-2012, 12:05 PM
We were laying like $42/month in stallis Jamie and it was outstanding. We check a couple times a year for the last 10 years we've had the house,I guess we're just not worthy over in my corner. LOL.
Just another reason to move. :)

The Shaolin
11-19-2012, 12:23 PM
PROTIP: The people who answer the phone when you call can't do much of anything to lower your bill. Dial the 800 number and ask for the retentions department instead. These people are responsible to do whatever it takes to keep you as a customer.

The TWC plan I was on had turboboost free for a year or two. After this, my plan went up $10/month plus new taxes and fees. I called and threatened to cancel, the first rep explained that the increase was planned when I signed the first contract 2 years ago and there was nothing she could do. I called back and this time, asked for retentions right away. All I had to do was say that my bill went up, and without any pleading, threatening, or further explanation, the politest woman on the the other end of the line gave me the same package, at a cheaper price than I was originally paying.

pOrk
11-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Cheaper is good but TWC sucks ass, I rarely got promised speeds and they could never provide an he signal when I had cable, even after sending 6 different techs and running new lines to and into my house the picture was the same as a grainy analog signal at best. Good tips for those that have good service with them, but we didn't/never did

michelle
11-20-2012, 06:30 AM
U-verse TV is not available here yet. But, you know, at least we have electricity and running water out in the country. :goof

Waver
11-20-2012, 10:28 AM
PROTIP: The people who answer the phone when you call can't do much of anything to lower your bill. Dial the 800 number and ask for the retentions department instead. These people are responsible to do whatever it takes to keep you as a customer.

The TWC plan I was on had turboboost free for a year or two. After this, my plan went up $10/month plus new taxes and fees. I called and threatened to cancel, the first rep explained that the increase was planned when I signed the first contract 2 years ago and there was nothing she could do. I called back and this time, asked for retentions right away. All I had to do was say that my bill went up, and without any pleading, threatening, or further explanation, the politest woman on the the other end of the line gave me the same package, at a cheaper price than I was originally paying.

That is what I did last year when they raised my rates. Threatened to go to u verse and they lowered the bill to less than what I was paying.....and it is locked in till September of next year.

jbiscuit
11-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Yep just mention you are considering switching to UVerse and BAM TW can magically find discounts for you now haha

Gary Anderson
11-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Yeah, just had the conversation with TWC yesterday. After a little hemming and hawing they magically found about 35% in discounts. What a bunch of clowns.

Ricky Bobby
11-24-2012, 09:48 AM
we are all not clowns I do my job very well ty

Korndogg
11-24-2012, 01:41 PM
we are all not clowns I do my job very well ty

Its the customer service people that are clowns. Every time I call, they say something is going to be a different price. I was going to drop my extreme back down to turbo but they said my bill would go up to $84/mo instead of the $70/mo that I'm paying now for extreme.....And they also told me extreme is $100/mo which it's not since the wideband is $100.

Also if you go to the store and also call the cust serv line, you'll get two or more answers for the same thing.

That makes a lot of sense.

Gary Anderson
11-24-2012, 01:54 PM
No offense meant. You may very well do your job well. But the last guy I spoke with yesterday was indeed a clown. Very unprofessional with laughter in the back round and an attitude I wasn't especially fond of. And to start charging $4 a month rent for a modem that is 10 years old and was included along with free installation at the beginning of our deal doesn't seem like a very good way to retain long term customers in my opinion. Frankly the whole episode kind of makes my ass ache.

Rocket Power
11-25-2012, 08:49 AM
And to start charging $4 a month rent for a modem that is 10 years old and was included along with free installation at the beginning of our deal doesn't seem like a very good way to retain long term customers in my opinion.

QFT. It would be one thing to charge rent for a new customer, but I also have a modem around 10 years old and now they start charging rent on this thing? That's bs.

73MACH
11-25-2012, 11:41 AM
QFT. It would be one thing to charge rent for a new customer, but I also have a modem around 10 years old and now they start charging rent on this thing? That's bs.

Same here except mine is 4 years old, as far as the customer service guy.....while he was waiting for his computer to do whatever, to pass the time, he starting talking politics! This was the day after the election, I kind of thought that was an odd thing to ask me about...

Cryptic
11-26-2012, 10:15 PM
All I want is better latency for COD/MW/Black Ops. I have TWC right now and I get so many games with 3 yellow bars (vs 4 green bars). The game is damn near unplayable unless I connect to a 4 bar game. So it comes down to which network has less congestion, better switching, and better peering. Buying more bandwidth doesn't solve my problem.

Waver
11-27-2012, 10:38 AM
All I want is better latency for COD/MW/Black Ops. I have TWC right now and I get so many games with 3 yellow bars (vs 4 green bars). The game is damn near unplayable unless I connect to a 4 bar game. So it comes down to which network has less congestion, better switching, and better peering. Buying more bandwidth doesn't solve my problem.

I am assuming that you have the x box wired to the router and not with one of the crappy wireless receivers....

Korndogg
11-27-2012, 10:56 AM
I am assuming that you have the x box wired to the router and not with one of the crappy wireless receivers....

I'm not sure he knows how to do networking....

Rocket Power
11-27-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure he knows how to do networking....:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf: rolf

Irish
11-27-2012, 01:19 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/28/rypu8ame.jpg

Ricky Bobby
11-27-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure he knows how to do networking....i was thinking the same thing

Korndogg
11-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Just got my Time Warner bill for this month. I am now paying $83/mo for extreme. That modem lease fee magically appeared on my bill this month. I would go to turbo but they said I would be paying more for that......

They will be getting a call tomorrow. Probably won't get anywhere but worth a shot I guess.

Waver
11-27-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure he knows how to do networking....

Ha hahahahaha.........The reason why I said that is because 90% of the time I have full signal. The only time that I dont is if they are servicing the lines. I just wanted to see if I was doing anything differently than him.

brotherbenn83
11-27-2012, 07:06 PM
60% of the time it works every time.

drewbird91
12-26-2012, 05:09 PM
I just called time warner and they wouldn't budge. They would only offer me "turbo" for 6 months free. She said I could buy my own modem to get rid of the $3.95 monthly rental fee. I told her that wasn't good enough and I was going to cancel. After reading this thread it seems like everyone is happy with ATT. I found that fat wallet.com had $22 cash back and heard electronic statements save $10 or something like that. But I went to set up activating it online and there is $199 worth of one time activation fees. Can anyone confirm the activation fees? I just want the max plus internet.

Thanks

pOrk
12-27-2012, 08:11 AM
I think I had a 99 dollar modem to buy when I switched and I did the home install kit which got rid of the setup fee, I know when you get above 18mbs they need to run fiber optic cable to your house and that's where the 199 comes from

drewbird91
12-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Pork,
You happy with the speeds and such, I think I was in the same plan as you (up to 15mbps from TW and $52 per month). I was going to do the ATT max plus (18 mbps) but saw the $199 install fee. When I change it to the max (12 mbps) it is $100 for the install fee. Looks like I'll give them a call and go with ATT for awhile.

pOrk
12-27-2012, 03:46 PM
I have the 12 plan and just pinged at 10.43 and that about the average for me. The important factor here is the upload speed, I've never gotten below 1.2 UP. I had NEVER gotten the promised .5 up with TWC, ever. I am happy with the service thus far, haven't been without service since I signed up and the install kit comes with a wireless router / modem combo that works great. Not only is it more reliable then TWC, its cheaper :) Make the switch, you won't be disappointed.

michelle
12-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Looking forward to making the switch... once it is all available for us country folk.

Rocket Power
12-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Looking forward to making the switch... once it is all available for us country folk.

I wish I could get it in Stallis.

Prince Valiant
12-28-2012, 12:25 AM
I wish I could get it in Stallis.That's "third world" country as far as most are concerned.

Irish
12-28-2012, 08:14 AM
That's "third world" country as far as most are concerned.

At least it isn't the hood on the Norf-side 😋

drewbird91
12-28-2012, 08:50 AM
I wish I could get it in Stallis.

I'm in stallis and they had it for me, I had to type in the street number without the "ST" for it to find it. Did you try that?

Also I found this cashback thing from fatwallet.com, I'll let you know if that works.
http://www.fatwallet.com/ATT-High-Speed-Internet-coupons/

Rocket Power
12-28-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm in stallis and they had it for me, I had to type in the street number without the "ST" for it to find it. Did you try that?

Also I found this cashback thing from fatwallet.com, I'll let you know if that works.
http://www.fatwallet.com/ATT-High-Speed-Internet-coupons/
We've talked to them, nada.
When we first moved in 10 years ago I was told we are 400ft from being able to get it.

Prince Valiant
12-28-2012, 05:56 PM
At least it isn't the hood on the Norf-side ��I tell people I live in the hood. It makes the white surburban HS kids more scared of me.

nismodave
01-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Leaving Charter for U Verse this week.

They told me my bill was going down to 108 a month, and the guy lied....I called back today and she said she saw no record of that.