PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have cts v experience

BR3W CITY
11-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Was browsing for a new ride, saw this and it raised my eyebrow.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/3391849967.html

Anyone know how these do over 80k miles? I want something comfy, and I was actually looking at H3's etc for a daily but damn these V's are sexy.

wrath
11-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Pricey for a firstgen with a replaced motor.

Rocket Power
11-06-2012, 08:47 PM
New engine with 91K miles?

UnderPSI
11-06-2012, 09:19 PM
I have an 09 V. I love it! Awesome comfy car. Handles like a vette. I put eibach pro springs in it and it rocks, I have the magnaride controllable suspension though. For a Pre-09 you should get the BMR anti-hop kit for the rear to avoid wheel hop. Tons of aftermarket support for these. Go on the CTS V forums and look in the classifieds for cars for sale. There are some awesome deals there. I picked up my car from georgia. I like the 09 and up because they are already supercharged. After some pulley changes and bolt ons still using the factory manifolds and air box, I'm making 565hp 618tq at the wheels. If you get one and need a hand, I know the combinations of parts to get to make the hp levels you want. Better than buying stuff and finding out its wrong.

BR3W CITY
11-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Huh, when I read it I didn't actually think he meant a replacement motor, since they came with the 6.0 in 06 I thought he was just illustrating the point (I didn't pay attention to the trans comments below it). LAme, but explains the price a bit more I suppose.

95mustang302
11-07-2012, 12:32 AM
I have an 05 v thats about to roll 150k... Car is phenomenal... I'd love a 09+ but can't afford right now, I agree that the new motor issue is questionable. The biggest thing with the 1st gen cts-v's are the differentials. Thats an 06 so its a newer model, but their still a ticking time bomb if their driven hard and rough...

Motor mounts have issues in some instances, but otherwise a great car.

michelle
11-07-2012, 06:22 AM
Friend brought his up from IL to get his brakes done. I was impressed with the handling around some of the "fun" roads around here for such a big, heavy car. It moved pretty good too. He's been very happy with it, but I can't remember how many miles were on it.

Wagonbacker9
11-07-2012, 01:11 PM
If you're looking into that, consider the G8 as well.. great cars IMO.

BAD LS1
11-07-2012, 02:34 PM
The dude was a dumbass with his described selling points. I think he's just commenting that, OBTW its the similar type T56 used in the corvettes like the LS2 that powers it so someone has a refference that its a "4dr vette". The C5-C6 T56 WILL NOT fit the V so that is impossible. Sounds like a decent car, little pricey no? Havent looked at one of these cars price wise in a long time. Dont even waste time on a 04-05 in my opinion, go for the LS2 right away!

BR3W CITY
11-08-2012, 05:19 PM
That was how I read it too Tom . He keeps dropping the price, its down to 16.5 now....I'm getting that "if its too good" feeling..... might be worth a phone call, well see.

As for the G8, I really do like those too. I'm not really "looking" for one of these, it just popped in front of me so I figured it might be worth a post. I need something comfy for my back, and I'll admit that the V and G8 might be a little stiffer/sportier than I need, especially for a daily.

Waver
11-08-2012, 05:55 PM
You want comfy.....get a lincoln town car.....rides like it is on a pillow