PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here with LS1 swap experiance that wrenches for cash?

Nickerz
11-01-2012, 06:07 PM
:dance

Seeing if anyone on here has the skills and wants to make a buck before I drive the Syclone up to Beyond Redline very soon. Need someone that has done LS swaps before (preferably multiple times) and has header and exhaust fab experience. Will come with all necessary mounting brackets, stand alone wiring, LS with 4L80E bolted on, adapter plates, re-sized drive shaft and possibly a new rear end. Obviously odds and ends will pop up, so don't expect everything to be perfect. Not looking for anyone that has a job since this is a 40+ hour gig. I don't want this stretching on forever. I realize that this person may not exist, but I know there are a lot of guys on here that have seasonal type stuff and wrench on cars as a primary income in off times. So I'm throwing this out there.

And before I get barraged with "do it yourself" I don't have tools, skills, patience or free time :D

PM me if you know someone who isn't on here and give me a name and phone number. I'll take it from there ;) I'd love to be doing AWD doughnuts by the time the snow hits. To be clear, I know this is not a "beer money" type project. You will be paid fairly.

SSDude
11-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Looks like Late Model Throttle does this kind of stuff.
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?55044-Project-LS&p=744386#post744386

Nickerz
11-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Looks like Late Model Throttle does this kind of stuff.
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?55044-Project-LS&p=744386#post744386

Thanks for the heads up, I'll see if they're interested. Speed inc has done a couple but I'll have to talk to them again. Before they tried being a little too greedy by insisting they build the motor and do all the tuning on it. At this point I just want to get the LQ4 in, turbos & tune can wait until the new year.

Irish
11-01-2012, 08:11 PM
This project is going to be fucking sweet!

Cryptic
11-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Ron at Clocks Off Racing could certainly help with fabrication if not the whole project. I'd also check with him in addition to Late Model Throttle.

CannotPost
11-02-2012, 11:27 AM
I would say Ron too.. After being at his shop there appears to be nothing he/they can't do.

Flicktitty
11-02-2012, 11:38 AM
X10000 for Ron @ Clocksoff.

Prince Valiant
11-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Before they tried being a little too greedy by insisting they build the motor and do all the tuning on it. At this point I just want to get the LQ4 in, turbos & tune can wait until the new year.I can understand the insistence though...

I mean, I wouldn't want a product out there with my name on it that didn't represent what I would think our shop represents. Have them do the work but then someone like forrest do the tuning would negate (in their mind), their hard work and sully their reputation. If something goes wrong with the engine, it's a lot harder to accept responsibility for it if you did it all vs having a long block come out to you parts/build quality unknown.

Don't get me wrong...I am sure that they don't mind the extra work for doing it all too...but it's certainly not their ONLY motivation, and perhaps not their main motivation for the insistence.

Having had Ron do work on my truck, I would not hesitate to recommend him...top notch, very pleased with the outcome. Especially since you want custom fab exhaust, I can think of no better.

I'd also be comfortable w/ late model throttle in this particular instance since they've done similar projects in the past and really know the LS stuff in and out.

Hell, even WBD would be great for this...

Seriously, don't think you can go wrong with any of the choices...

Nickerz
11-02-2012, 02:12 PM
I can understand the insistence though...

I mean, I wouldn't want a product out there with my name on it that didn't represent what I would think our shop represents. Have them do the work but then someone like forrest do the tuning would negate (in their mind), their hard work and sully their reputation. If something goes wrong with the engine, it's a lot harder to accept responsibility for it if you did it all vs having a long block come out to you parts/build quality unknown.

Don't get me wrong...I am sure that they don't mind the extra work for doing it all too...but it's certainly not their ONLY motivation, and perhaps not their main motivation for the insistence.

Having had Ron do work on my truck, I would not hesitate to recommend him...top notch, very pleased with the outcome. Especially since you want custom fab exhaust, I can think of no better.

I'd also be comfortable w/ late model throttle in this particular instance since they've done similar projects in the past and really know the LS stuff in and out.

Hell, even WBD would be great for this...

Seriously, don't think you can go wrong with any of the choices...

I understand your counterpoint, but this was going to be a Proline motor being tuned by one of the best LS tuners out there. I could understand if it was an uncle fester built LS being tuned by Forest like you say. I didn't even want them to tune it, so their objection was ridiculous IMO. At this point I just want to get the motor in the car, the big power will be a whole new project for next year. Thanks for the advice and I'm taking it all to heart. Right now I'm just waiting on a couple crucial 4L80E parts before I call any of these shops so I can roll in ready to go.

WhatsADSM
11-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Why not just have beyond redline do it all?

Nickerz
11-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Why not just have beyond redline do it all?

I'm exploring my options at this point ;)

BadAzzGTA89
11-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Lmt

95mustang302
11-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Nick, PM me I have someone who may be able to help out or at least someone you can talk with...

jbiscuit
11-03-2012, 08:16 PM
LMT, Kyle is a tech for a GM dealer doesn't get much better than that. Ron at clocks off racing would also be an excellent choice like others have said. You are fortunate to have some great options for this so close

juicedimpss
11-04-2012, 06:09 PM
just finishing a ls swap at the shop now, and have another coming this week.
yeah,we can do pretty much whatever you need

Ricky Bobby
11-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Clocks off/ thread

Irish
11-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Clocks off/ thread

Yea..... This is not necessarily the end of the thread.

Waver
11-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Yea..... Not end thread.:popcorn:confused

Irish
11-06-2012, 06:58 PM
:popcorn:confused

Edited. Better?

Waver
11-07-2012, 10:39 AM
I just thought you were trying to say that Clocks off wasnt the best shop for the job......now that you edited it, I see that you want this to turn into a build thread.

blackmage
11-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Stay away from Beyond Redline. Personal experiences have not been so good with them.

Nickerz
11-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Stay away from Beyond Redline. Personal experiences have not been so good with them.

Feel free to PM me about it ;) I would consider it, because they're a strong contender given they already have experience doing a 4L80E LSX Typhoon swap. Knowing the ins and outs of this 20 year old chassis is a HUGE plus. But also strongly considering LMT and Clocks.