PDA

View Full Version : any use for a 1999 75000btu high efficiency furnace? Question for HVAC guys

GinoRin
10-31-2012, 10:38 AM
I am having one of my gas furnaces replaced later this week since I remodeled this past spring - It works just fine, but has some light corrosion on the interior from a previous a/c unit leak. Perfect operational condition though. The model is Armstrong Ultra SX 90. I just had it tuned up, its still at 89% efficiency and heating my home as we speak. Would this furnace be worth anything to anybody? Is it worth trying to sell this thing?? If so, how much should I ask for it? Thanks in advance!

jbiscuit
10-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Doubtful you will get much for it Gino but you could try? Everyone wants mega high efficient units now. And most wouldn't want it for the garage either (rafter/ceiling mount is preferred).

GinoRin
10-31-2012, 01:18 PM
Doubtful you will get much for it Gino but you could try? Everyone wants mega high efficient units now. And most wouldn't want it for the garage either (rafter/ceiling mount is preferred).

Yep that's what I fugured. I was just going to give it away if someone wanted it otherwise ill have the tech take it away.

Haulin' Oates
11-01-2012, 07:53 AM
You could also donate it to the habitat re-store as well.

animal
11-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Could probably recycle it for some coin. Maybe not much but still something.

Doubtful anyone wants a 89%er now. To donate to charity, I'd say not really likely they'd even want it. I only say this because my neighbor went on state heat assistance and the state gave him a new water heater, furnace, a/c coil (because they screwed up his original), new windows,and insulation in the attic/basement before they'd LET him get free heat. Anyone needing a free or used furnace is probably on state assistance anyway and is probably getting or has a new one for free. Thank you taxpayers, lol.

GinoRin
11-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Thanks guys, furnace is spoken for when it's removed.

awsomeears
11-01-2012, 09:22 PM
At my work we have a graveyard of 90% furnaces, seeing its 2012 a TON of early 90% furnaces are hitting there expectancy and are being replaced.

But believe it or not you could get an easy $100-$300 for it on craigs list !