PDA

View Full Version : S-197 Tuner recomendations

CATNHAT
10-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Looking for someone in the pewaukee/waukesha area that is reputable and qualified. Anyone? Bueler--Bueler--Bueler????

TIA

95mustang302
10-31-2012, 08:34 PM
everyone and their mother on here is going to say Marv, If your willing to drive a bit to Illinois I reccomend Bob Kurgan, way better results...

Waver
11-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Kurgan is good, same with Post. Marv and WBD are site sponsors. WBD has plenty experience with the s197s, including a turbo one.

BAD LS1
11-01-2012, 09:51 AM
I primarily do the bulk of the 3v stuff that comes thru WBD. Didn't speak up since you mentioned pewaukee/Waukesha and thought you had a choice in mind at that point. Can be done with HP tuners if you don't need want or need a hand held, or with a diablosport handheld and cmr to build custom tunes for the handheld.

Want_Notch
11-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Isn't Kurgan is in Georgia now?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Irish
11-01-2012, 12:20 PM

Yep!

Waver
11-01-2012, 01:57 PM

Yes, but I do believe that he makes his way up here from time to time.

DRK
11-01-2012, 05:06 PM
http://www.dynotunemp.com/

CATNHAT
11-01-2012, 07:55 PM
I primarily do the bulk of the 3v stuff that comes thru WBD. Didn't speak up since you mentioned pewaukee/Waukesha and thought you had a choice in mind at that point. Can be done with HP tuners if you don't need want or need a hand held, or with a diablosport handheld and cmr to build custom tunes for the handheld.

No choice in mind and im really after problem solving and performance gains resources. Car is not consistent on day to day performance levels and not sure why?? Thought fuel delivery at first, then air fuel ratio etc... ???? I probably need to get it dynoed to see some baseline numbers first.

Some days it seems like it makes good power (for what it is) and other times it falls on its face and bucks and hesitates and has been backfiring?

Any ideas????

BAD LS1
11-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Yeah one would have to log it a bit to see what's up with the fueling calibration. Sounds like its questionable or hitting a limit on a setting. Is the car supercharged? Canned tune in it now? Fords live and die by the maf and if its calibration has some spots that are questionable, change the air density and now you'll have performance issues that will be intermittent like you described. It shouldn't be hard to figure out at all, those cars are generally are pretty easy to make run nice consitently.

CATNHAT
11-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Yeah one would have to log it a bit to see what's up with the fueling calibration. Sounds like its questionable or hitting a limit on a setting. Is the car supercharged? Canned tune in it now? Fords live and die by the maf and if its calibration has some spots that are questionable, change the air density and now you'll have performance issues that will be intermittent like you described. It shouldn't be hard to figure out at all, those cars are generally are pretty easy to make run nice consitently.
No supercharger, no tuner, roush cai with venturi still in, x pipe, muffler delete. Thats it for mods. New fuel pump last year cause 05's known to have cavitation in the pump itself- dont rememebr tsb #?

Tried resetting computer by disconnecting neg terminal overnight--sometimes it worked sometimes it didnt?????

need a professionals input. Going to do plugs next....

Thanks

BAD LS1
11-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Well without seeing data of how the car is acting during these events, it will keep going the way of throwing parts at it. If you can make it mess up fairly easily i could meet up to scan it to get a better picture of what is taking place short of trying to tune it to fix the problem, that should be the last thing to attempt if the car ran good for the longest time.

95mustang302
11-03-2012, 07:56 PM

HOLY CRAP... didn't realize he had moved down south.

A B4C Z
11-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Late Model Throttle Could give you a hand. Did a 09 i believe it was just a few weeks ago with some mods and picked up some good power.

Kyle

Shop number is 262-510-7582

1320PNY
11-18-2012, 12:18 PM
How many miles on the car? Do you store it with battery disconnected for 2 months or more? I have a lightly modded '06 with Diablosport and it's OK, but the throttle responce on the SCT seems to account for the drive by wire best. Not sure about HP?

You can bet Roush has a tune for your mods. You need a hand held. Find which one Roush promotes if you plan to keep that intake. Go with a supportive local vendor from there.

I used Marv for my rear end. I did the Diablosport on my own. I wish I went SCT, but all my mods are ala cart, so if you want to stay all Roush, look into what they suggest.

BAD LS1
11-18-2012, 01:25 PM
He fixed it him self, plugs.

CATNHAT
11-19-2012, 09:40 PM
How many miles on the car? Do you store it with battery disconnected for 2 months or more? I have a lightly modded '06 with Diablosport and it's OK, but the throttle responce on the SCT seems to account for the drive by wire best. Not sure about HP?

You can bet Roush has a tune for your mods. You need a hand held. Find which one Roush promotes if you plan to keep that intake. Go with a supportive local vendor from there.

I used Marv for my rear end. I did the Diablosport on my own. I wish I went SCT, but all my mods are ala cart, so if you want to stay all Roush, look into what they suggest.
Sorry for the slow reply, been kinda busy...

29,500 miles and battery stays in (new battery 6 mo the ago).

I talked to Tom (badls1) for a while and described the conditions and he recomended the plug replacement like Yoosof did prior to detailing. Seems to have cured the problem. Plugs came out easily without any breaking.

Looked closely at all the plugs, they look the same. No heavy or excessive carbon buildup or sign of failure????

Appreciate the feedback and input gentlemen!