PDA

View Full Version : GTP guys, question for ya.

mattGT95
09-16-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm looking at a 2000 GTP. its a daytona 500 edition, with leather seats, blah blah blah, i'm sure it has all the options, moonroof, 3 spoke wheels, etc.

the car seems to be in reasonable condition.

Whats a reasonable price for the car? What kind of things should I look for when i'm looking at it? Any specific mechanical problem or interior problems I should watch out for?

SlowStee
09-16-2004, 03:45 PM
how many miles on it?

Flight_740
09-16-2004, 07:24 PM
I'm looking at a 2000 GTP. its a daytona 500 edition, with leather seats, blah blah blah, i'm sure it has all the options, moonroof, 3 spoke wheels, etc.

the car seems to be in reasonable condition.

Whats a reasonable price for the car? What kind of things should I look for when i'm looking at it? Any specific mechanical problem or interior problems I should watch out for?
You will know if it's a good car when you drive it. They usually have bad struts. Factory struts are junk on these things, also watch the intake gaskets. They are made out of plastic now. Look at the snout of the S/C and see if there are gouges on the snout (painted grey part with pulley attached.) If there are gouges, chances are it has been mollested already with a smaller pulley (maybe thats good for you :rockwoot: ).

GTP's are cheap right now. They could come back up a little but probably not untill january

Ill let you know what it's worth when you get the miles. Keep me posted.

JWebsGTP
09-17-2004, 12:04 AM
I would recommend checking under the car and looking at the oil pan gasket. Mine is leaking and to change it is big bucks, since the engine needs to be lifted out :rolleyes: Good thing mine is minor (for now). Also when test driving make sure the tranny feels ok when shifting, these cars have been known to act up in that area. The only possible interior problem I can think of is water on the front passenger side floor, due to something with the AC drain I think. Oh and don't worry, the leather isn't worn it came out of the factory that crappy :-P

theavenger333
09-17-2004, 01:49 AM
how you gonna post about a price without mileage?

Cryptic
09-17-2004, 11:03 AM
firm shifting is probably the biggest one.
peak around all the gaskets.
peak at the coolant color
check the A/C

*ask for any maintenance records*
if they want top dollar, hell they should provide that.

check the snout for tampering of the SC pulley. (then you'll know if something stupid like a 3 inch pulley was swapped on there. (with no other mods that's practically throwing a grenade under the hood)

mattGT95
09-21-2004, 07:46 PM
sorry for the delay guys.

it has 99700 miles on it, and the sales manager claims they're going to try to get around 7 for it.

i haven't had a chance to look at it more yet.

Daytonapacecar959
09-21-2004, 08:47 PM
They only made 2,000 Daytona 500 pacecars that year,so it's find of limited.

mattGT95
09-24-2004, 07:39 PM
they said they were going to junk it. :(

oh well. I just picked up a 01 stratus R/T instead.

BadAzzGTA89
09-25-2004, 02:08 AM
I just got a 97 GP GT 2 door purple and is a nice everyday driver it is hard to find a "good"GTP!! I almost got a riv SC but decided on the pontiac due to the price i got hooked up with!!

theavenger333
09-25-2004, 02:52 AM
wait, they junked that car?