PDA

View Full Version : Clutch done!

Cryptic
09-16-2004, 11:46 AM
PICS HERE (http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/gallery/rx7_clutch)

Quite the learning experience. First time I taken a job on of this magnetude. I'd like to thank Chris for helping me wrench on many occasions and my brother Scott for being the human transmission jack.

Tranny would of went on real quick, but it took about 10 minutes to figure out that the motor was rocked foward without the weight of the transmission to balance it out. I had to put a few wood blocks in front of the motor to tilt back enough to get the bolts to finally line up.

shouldnt be too long now before its done. :banana

BAD LS1
09-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Sweet deal!!

I still cant get over that motor is the size of a half barrel HAhaahhaha!!

Its really nioticable when looking at the tranny tunnel relation to the engine, it makes the engine look really small.

Prince Valiant
09-16-2004, 12:41 PM
looking good bud...can't wait to get her back up and going :banana

turbogarrett
09-16-2004, 02:52 PM
I see you went the impact wrench route for that damn flywheel nut. Where did you get that pilot bearing puller, looks like a nice setup? Now for the hardest part, driving easy for the next 400 miles :burnout There's actually quite a few 3rd gen's in the area now, we should try to get together. Most of them i know have gotten over how i "ripped the soul out" of mine.

Cryptic
09-16-2004, 10:46 PM
I see you went the impact wrench route for that damn flywheel nut. Where did you get that pilot bearing puller, looks like a nice setup? Now for the hardest part, driving easy for the next 400 miles :burnout There's actually quite a few 3rd gen's in the area now, we should try to get together. Most of them i know have gotten over how i "ripped the soul out" of mine.
Puller: borrowed from a friend of my dad's

"ripped the soul out" <-- haha! you had every right, 2 motors, it would be hard to convinced me of a 3rd too.

Bad-TSi
09-17-2004, 07:24 PM
Most of them i know have gotten over how i "ripped the soul out" of mine.

LOL! :rolf