PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a certified classic car appraiser?

Nickerz
10-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Might need one in the next 60 days or so looking at Syclones. For insurance purposes unfortunately, total pain in the ass but it is what it is.

DNT H8
10-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Suscribing

venm4u97
10-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Might need one in the next 60 days or so looking at Syclones. For insurance purposes unfortunately, total pain in the ass but it is what it is.

Syclones?....ditching the cobra?....I love those trucks

Nickerz
10-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Syclones?....ditching the cobra?....I love those trucks

No. I want a semi daily I'm not ashamed of :) LS 4l80e sy

wheelsofsteel
10-12-2012, 08:17 AM
I would contact Dr Ford (Jim Plimpton @ Authentic Auto). He is a member here as well.

77thor
10-12-2012, 09:07 AM
I had mine done by Valenti Classics in Franklin...

twicks69
10-12-2012, 12:16 PM
No. I want a semi daily I'm not ashamed of :) LS 4l80e sy

I know this truck...from Green Bay area? Whipple?

Truck is nuts.

Tim Zimmer - TMZ Performance
Sent from Evo Phone via Tapatalk2

Car Guy
10-12-2012, 12:19 PM
WTF happened to the Bravada swap? Wow plans changed fast! :goof

easytoremember
10-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Valenti... did they move or close down? There's some mom and pop car dealer there now

brotherbenn83
10-14-2012, 10:06 AM
John Jewell, he is also a car insurance agent at American Advantage in Muskego if you need the car properly insured for what it is.

Nickerz
10-14-2012, 01:21 PM
I know this truck...from Green Bay area? Whipple?

Truck is nuts.

I'm not buying a completed project. If there was someone that had an LS Syclone for sale I'd be all over it. I only saw one ever for sale and it was a LQ4 twin turbo they ended up parting out. Does sound like a really cool truck though! I decided to just skip the 4WD\Bravada host to Syclone as there seems to be too much to deal with. I've got a lead on a clean roller I'm crossing my fingers over.

As far as Valenti, they moved. I called them but the guy didn't seem to comfortable with the Syclone which he referred to as "too new."

twicks69
10-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Nick, here was the one I was talking about - http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/1002gmhtp_1993_gmc_typhoon/

Beyond Redline Performance built this one for Mike Kiley from the ground up with the engine work being done at Goodwin Performance in Omro. 6.0L, supercharged, 4L80E, Moser 12-bolt, modified frame, pump gas DD monster.

Oh, and it runs 10's in street trim on pump gas, full-weight.

jbiscuit
10-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Neat truck

Nickerz
10-15-2012, 10:51 PM
Nick, here was the one I was talking about - http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/1002gmhtp_1993_gmc_typhoon/

Beyond Redline Performance built this one for Mike Kiley from the ground up with the engine work being done at Goodwin Performance in Omro. 6.0L, supercharged, 4L80E, Moser 12-bolt, modified frame, pump gas DD monster.

Oh, and it runs 10's in street trim on pump gas, full-weight.

Hmm... didn't think Beyond did anything past Hondas.

Irish
10-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Hmm... didn't think Beyond did anything past Hondas.

You're thinking of Beyond Engineering.

twicks69
10-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Beyond Redline Performance is in Green Bay, and is totally different than Beeyond Engineering over on 76th in Milwaukee.

Irish
10-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Tim, that isn't the new shop that the "big 3" (the shop that forest fucked cars up at before WBD) guys opened up is it?

twicks69
10-16-2012, 08:37 AM
No, nothing to do with them either.

Beyond redline is owned and operated by Luke Stubbs since 2000.

Forest was associated with a shop nearby, but again, nothing to do with Beyond Redline Performance.

Luke started in imports, DSM's then Gen Coupes, twin turbo Mustangs, custom 1-offs, etc.

Nickerz
10-16-2012, 11:20 AM
No, nothing to do with them either.

Beyond redline is owned and operated by Luke Stubbs since 2000.

Forest was associated with a shop nearby, but again, nothing to do with Beyond Redline Performance.

Luke started in imports, DSM's then Gen Coupes, twin turbo Mustangs, custom 1-offs, etc.

I had no idea they were involved in projects like that. I guess you could say starting with imports was a poor business decision. The clientele I've interacted with that had beyond stickers weren't exactly bright. I always just discounted the shop for that reason.

77thor
10-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Valenti... did they move or close down? There's some mom and pop car dealer there now

Valenti moved into the Franklin Business Park off of 51st & Ryan Road.
They are at 9848 S. 57th Street

WhatsADSM
10-16-2012, 02:41 PM
I had no idea they were involved in projects like that. I guess you could say starting with imports was a poor business decision. The clientele I've interacted with that had beyond stickers weren't exactly bright. I always just discounted the shop for that reason.

I think you are still missing what is being said.
Tim is saying it is a different shop.

- Beyond Engineering in Milwaukee is the shop for which you are seeing stickers.
- Beyond Redline is the place Tim is referring to (which had the the SyTy), and they are located in Green Bay.

Besides the coincidental choice of "Beyond" as the first word in the shop name they are NOT related. Also nothing wrong with starting, continuing or ending with imports. AMS, Titan, King, etc. all started (and continue) in import work and are well reviewed.

twicks69
10-16-2012, 02:42 PM

Again, you are misunderstanding who Beyond Redline Performance of Green Bay (Luke Stubbs) is....you are associating it somehow with BEEYOND ENGINEERING of Milwaukee (Bee, Simon, etc.). There is a major difference.

The Hyundai Genesis Coupe is a large business for them as well as DSM's, Evos, 3000gt, Supras, etc.

They also have a Dynojet 424x AWD dyno flush-mounted in-house.

Again, this is NOT Beeyond Engineering of 76th & Bradley.

Nickerz
10-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Again, you are misunderstanding who Beyond Redline Performance of Green Bay (Luke Stubbs) is....you are associating it somehow with BEEYOND ENGINEERING of Milwaukee (Bee, Simon, etc.). There is a major difference.

The Hyundai Genesis Coupe is a large business for them as well as DSM's, Evos, 3000gt, Supras, etc.

They also have a Dynojet 424x AWD dyno flush-mounted in-house.

Again, this is NOT Beeyond Engineering of 76th & Bradley.

OK now I got it, I'm dense! Talked to them today about it, very helpful!

twicks69
10-16-2012, 07:18 PM
No problem!