PDA

View Full Version : Raider Helmet

michelle
10-09-2012, 06:38 AM
Are Raider helmets descent?

I'm kind of worried it may be a "you get what you pay for" ($75) thing. Only FF was open on Sunday, so it's the only helmet I have tried on so far. My Bell car helmet for track days doesn't quite fit as well as I would like it to for wearing it on a bike.

Planning on trying other brands on this week, but the Raider one fit really well (and bonus, matched my bike!).

I checked the helmet thread in here, but didn't see anybody post up a Raider helmet.

03Seville
10-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Youre right in saying you get what you pay for.

I don't know much about raider as a brand so I can't speak from experience but at that price point I would keep looking.

If youre looking to go cheaper you can get a decent hjc, scorpion, or speed and strength for under 200.

michelle
10-09-2012, 07:38 AM
I'm going to check out a few powersport places this week to at least try on different brands and models. I see plenty of good deals online right now, but I am not going to order based on some sizing diagram when it comes to something as important as a helmet.

Josepy
10-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Fuel Motorsports in West Bend has a lot of nice helmets. Don't go cheap on the thing that can save your head.

WI_Dave
10-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Sportbike track gear has Scorpion helmets for a great price this time of year. Sizes are limited though.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=Scorpion+EXO-1000+Helmets

I have used a Raider on my atv

outlawgibbs
10-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Also check out newenough.com. I think they changed there name but that should still get you there

SSScottSS
10-10-2012, 09:27 PM
I've seen those helmets at F&F, and I honestly would never use one. I'm not into big $$ helmets, but as posted go for a HJC, Scorpion, etc. Go try some on at local shops and see what fits and what kind of deals they have compared to places like Sportbike Track Gear. If they are close, I say support your local store, but if they cannot compete, then click your way to savings.

michelle
10-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Went to four different stores (Fuel, Cedar Creek, Southeast Sales, and Ride) to try on different brands and types of helmets. Ended up ordering a Bell Vortex tonight online in the graphics/color scheme I wanted. Was glad I could try on the Vortex earlier today before ordering.

Also ordered a jacket with armor and all that.

Should be pretty fly by the end of the week! Except for getting those silly wisdom teeth out....

03Seville
10-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Went to four different stores (Fuel, Cedar Creek, Southeast Sales, and Ride) to try on different brands and types of helmets. Ended up ordering a Bell Vortex tonight online in the graphics/color scheme I wanted. Was glad I could try on the Vortex earlier today before ordering.

Also ordered a jacket with armor and all that.

Should be pretty fly by the end of the week! Except for getting those silly wisdom teeth out....

I have one of those, great helmet,

Their extremely comfortable and breathe fairly well on longer rides.

Definitely a good choice!

michelle
10-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Car helmet is a Bell, so I felt a bit loyal to the brand since I had some experience. Heard good things in reviews and when I tried some on, it felt the best.

PureSound15
10-14-2012, 12:20 PM
You have brand loyalty for the helmet you wear in a family sedan that you don't race?

Makes sense.

michelle
10-14-2012, 12:39 PM
My dad and uncle have always had Bell helmets in SCCA racing for as long as I can remember. That's where I get the brand loyalty, plus my personal experience with a quality helmet manufacturer. I don't own any other brand personally.

But yes, I took the year off and the family sedan never saw any "racing" this year. Thanks for the reminder.

Rocket Power
10-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Sportbike track gear has Scorpion helmets for a great price this time of year. Sizes are limited though.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=Scorpion+EXO-1000+Helmets

I have used a Raider on my atv

That's where I got my helmet. I have am exo400

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

WI_Dave
10-16-2012, 07:07 AM
I got my exo 700 there last year. This is a great price for a 1000

michelle
10-19-2012, 04:34 PM
My helmet and jacket came today!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/247780_10101459813525988_1261708068_n.jpg