10-08-2012, 07:16 PM
my buddy has a blazer with a knock... it'd prolly go cheap lol

Car Guy
10-08-2012, 10:02 PM
I must ask, why a `92-94 Bravada?

Nickerz
10-09-2012, 12:11 AM
I must ask, why a `92-94 Bravada?

Been fantasizing about a LS 4L80E Turbo Syclone. Basically kind of like Parish's build. With this explosion of junk yard 5.3s putting down huge power, I think I might start working towards that slowly. I definitely like the idea of a shortblock that costs $500 after pricing out mod motor shit. However, I don't want a $15K garage ornament. SY\TYs bring a lot of money, and I'm not going to hack into one until its basically built. The 92-94 bravs are for all intents and purposes a NA Typhoon. So I can basically build the car, and when the powertrain is dialed in, find a donor and switch it over. It will a contestant for the ugliest LS recipient. But to be honest I think it will be fun having a mega sleeper if even for a little bit. I'm not too into sleepers, but I think that would be hilarious AWD launching on people in it. :rolf

Irish
10-09-2012, 12:31 AM
I actually think the bravadas of that gen. are quite attractive and distinct. I dig the svo style steering wheel and the subtle Oldsmobile insignia in the taillights!

If you go through with this, I hope you start a build thread!

jbiscuit
10-09-2012, 07:21 AM
SOunds like a really cool project to me!

WickedSix
10-09-2012, 09:52 AM
an awd astro van or safari would give even more of a wtf factor

BR3W CITY
10-09-2012, 10:22 AM
I forgot they even made 2 door bravada's back then, I used to want to steal the front end when I had an s10.

Car Guy
10-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Been fantasizing about a LS 4L80E Turbo Syclone. Basically kind of like Parish's build. With this explosion of junk yard 5.3s putting down huge power, I think I might start working towards that slowly. I definitely like the idea of a shortblock that costs $500 after pricing out mod motor shit. However, I don't want a $15K garage ornament. SY\TYs bring a lot of money, and I'm not going to hack into one until its basically built. The 92-94 bravs are for all intents and purposes a NA Typhoon. So I can basically build the car, and when the powertrain is dialed in, find a donor and switch it over. It will a contestant for the ugliest LS recipient. But to be honest I think it will be fun having a mega sleeper if even for a little bit. I'm not too into sleepers, but I think that would be hilarious AWD launching on people in it. :rolf

I knew it! :D That is exactly the first thing I thought of. That would be an awesome build and something that I would love to see completed. I more than most people love a well done 'sleeper' no matter the make or model. There is nothing like the look on somebody's face after you embarrassed their 'fast car'. :rolf

Nickerz
10-09-2012, 11:49 AM
I knew it! :D That is exactly the first thing I thought of. That would be an awesome build and something that I would love to see completed. I more than most people love a well done 'sleeper' no matter the make or model. There is nothing like the look on somebody's face after you embarrassed their 'fast car'. :rolf

The Bravada will surprise some people, but once its transplanted into the Syclone only people who don't know anything about cars will be surprised :devil

Car Guy
10-09-2012, 12:23 PM
I just thought of something. If you want a rust free platform to start with I can look for you in AZ. I will be moving there in two months. Yes shipping will cost something but to me that is 'pennies' for not having to deal with rust what so ever anywhere.

PonyKiller87
10-09-2012, 12:39 PM
an awd astro van or safari would give even more of a wtf factor

X2, this would be the easiest route for working on it too, take the dog house off, cut the floor pan for the bigger trans and roll it in from the back doors. If you gutted it out it would probably weigh less than a 2 door bravada too.

Rocket Power
10-09-2012, 02:02 PM
I forgot they even made 2 door bravada's back then, I don't think they did.

Nickerz
10-09-2012, 02:07 PM
X2, this would be the easiest route for working on it too, take the dog house off, cut the floor pan for the bigger trans and roll it in from the back doors. If you gutted it out it would probably weigh less than a 2 door bravada too.

I think you're really missing the point of the Bravada. The Bravo at a frame level IS a Typhoon\Syclone down to the Trans. Once its in full running condition and all the kinks are worked out, I can literally have the the cabs pulled off of two vehicles and in a day have everything switched over. Even the Typhoon\Syclone have some minor differences, like ABS mounting locations etc. When you have a totally different platform, its going to cause too many issues. Every part I order for the Bravo would be intended ultimately to be on the Syclone.

I just have no interest in buying a Syclone and having it sit for the next year or two hammering out issues and waiting for parts. If I did an Astro I'd have to start over on a lot of things. For instance the ride height and transfer case are different, which would cause issues with the exhaust routing, not to mention the 4L80E conversion. I'm sure a lot of things are "close" but that's not good enough. Look at how much differences there are between a fox and sn95 or sn95 and new edge.

Irish
10-09-2012, 03:48 PM
I don't think they did.

You're right, they didn't.

WickedSix
10-09-2012, 04:24 PM
so you want a bravada to assist in the build to transfer the body of a typhoon onto? I'd think the whole hacking off frame mounts and rewelding them would be a major pita. The bravada, although awd, still had the height and stance of a 4wd 4 door blazer or jimmy. You'd almost be better off getting an s15 4x4 and swapping the lx/4l80e/awd transfercase all at once..... its a horse a piece... 6 to one, half dozen the other kind of a deal.... only reason I mentioned the astro is i've seen a hell of alot more of them in this state still running around than I have seen bravadas...

Nickerz
10-09-2012, 08:55 PM
so you want a bravada to assist in the build to transfer the body of a typhoon onto? I'd think the whole hacking off frame mounts and rewelding them would be a major pita. The bravada, although awd, still had the height and stance of a 4wd 4 door blazer or jimmy. You'd almost be better off getting an s15 4x4 and swapping the lx/4l80e/awd transfercase all at once..... its a horse a piece... 6 to one, half dozen the other kind of a deal.... only reason I mentioned the astro is i've seen a hell of alot more of them in this state still running around than I have seen bravadas...

I just found this out on the syty forum =| I had no idea the Brav\Ty where a unibody vs body on frame. It looks like as was mentioned earlier in the thread that a 4WD s10 is actually a much better way to do this. I am checking with the SYTY crew too. From what I've seen, the front prop shaft, transfercase and transmission are the only differences upfront. But I might be missing something. All the dimensions have to be correct for this to be worthwhile :(

So pending further research, if anyone has a 4x4 1st gen s10 or knows anyone, let me know!

BR3W CITY
10-10-2012, 12:22 AM
i saw this and kinda missed the rear door handles lol

http://www.accmolde.org/Photo/Galleri/photos/Olds_bravada93.jpg

Irish
10-10-2012, 07:42 AM
I just found this out on the syty forum =| I had no idea the Brav\Ty where a unibody vs body on frame. It looks like as was mentioned earlier in the thread that a 4WD s10 is actually a much better way to do this. I am checking with the SYTY crew too. From what I've seen, the front prop shaft, transfercase and transmission are the only differences upfront. But I might be missing something. All the dimensions have to be correct for this to be worthwhile :(

So pending further research, if anyone has a 4x4 1st gen s10 or knows anyone, let me know!

They are body on frame.

Edit: There is a blue one on eBay right now that would be worth modifying.

Nickerz
10-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Sent a couple emails on some sub 100K mile Syclones. :wooo